Cruz landed more strikes in every round

Need to watch the fight on Mute.

With Rogan its 48-47 Cody
Without Rogan its 49-46 Cruz

I thought it was funny how Cruz landed about 60 leg kicks, and Cody landed about 5 all fight, and normally Rogan loves his leg kicks, goes insane normally, but this time silent, barely mentions it. Odd that

Just delete your account.

Nope we still have FLW. Yes the division is stronger now but still you can't do it off a couple of fights.
True that. But considering Dom only has 6 UFC fights total, he isn't reigning as number 1 all time by a country mile.

I thought it was funny how Cruz landed about 60 leg kicks, and Cody landed about 5 all fight, and normally Rogan loves his leg kicks, goes insane normally, but this time silent, barely mentions it. Odd that

You realize the judges dont listen to rogan during the fight right....

What's amazing to me is how often Garbrandt had Cruz swinging at the air. After Cruz-Dillashaw, Cruz' ability to make Dillashaw miss was touted as the difference in the fight by many fans.

You're a great poster, but you are way off base here. That wasn't a close fight, even with Garbrandt spotting Cruz the fifth round.

The taunts makes Cody looks good, thats all, Figthmetric never goes wrong, the figth was close

Cruz got dropped like 5 times and his punches did little to no damage. Cody won by a landslide.

Cruz got dropped like 5 times and his punches did little to no damage. Cody won by a landslide.
Just 2 knockdonws in the fourth round, figthmetric is the official statistics provider of ufc. They know what a knockdown is

I'm a huge Cruz fan. He lost, handily. 4-1, maybe 3-2 if you give him the last round.
3-2 but Cody had a 10-8 round. He should not have coasted in the fifth but maybe he was tired.

The fight was closer than most people think but Cody was the rightfully winner. Amazing performance for the kid.

Landing 4 more strikes per round doesn't mean much if your opponent is landing harder and cleaner strikes throughout the fight.

The problem with Fightmetric on this fight is that almost every strike is called a "Significant" strike until the 5th round. They obviously cheated on the data or need to update the numbers after a review. The "number" of "Significant" strikes does overrule the damage. But KD's do count more as well. There are multiple cases where the winner of the fight looks a lot worse than the loser.

Just 2 knockdonws in the fourth round, figthmetric is the official statistics provider of ufc. They know what a knockdown is
Cruz was eating bombs all night,

This past week with Cody/Cruz has been absolutely laughable. Cruz has been getting the DC hate (for no other reason then people want a reason to dignify their bandwagoning of Garbrandt). Dude's as class act as they come, and people shitting on his performance and saying he got dominated don't know MMA.

He'll the smartest fighter in the game, and could very well take that belt back right off Cody in a rematch. That's not a knock to Cody. He showed he's on that Cruz/Dillashaw level, but all three are of very high level and anything can happen. He definitely won this last fight any way you score it, but outside of some big mistakes in round 4 by Cruz that led Garbrandt to take away teh fight, the fight was pretty close.

I don't care what Cruz said either (knowing him, he was lying) the dude looked off. He looked fatigued and slowed the whole fight, and anybody that's been watching Cruz since WEC knows what type of pace he puts. Even Dillashaw pointed it out, and with his pace as well and recent match up, he would know that better that just about anybody. A rematch with a healthy Cruz will be even more interesting than this one.

The taunts makes Cody looks good, thats all, Figthmetric never goes wrong, the figth was close

This poster below said it better than I could :

The problem with Fightmetric on this fight is that almost every strike is called a "Significant" strike until the 5th round. They obviously cheated on the data or need to update the numbers after a review. The "number" of "Significant" strikes does overrule the damage. But KD's do count more as well. There are multiple cases where the winner of the fight looks a lot worse than the loser.

In other words, Fightmetric can kiss my ass. Unless Fightmetric counts swings-and-misses as "significant strikes", then yeah. Fightmetric never goes wrong. Excuse me while I roll my fucking eyes, noc.

Back