Cruz landed more strikes in every round

Winebrandt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Go ahead and throw the white belt card and please correct me if i read this wrong.. But if you look at the fightmetric, Cruz landed more in every round.. Is it the % or takedowns, knockdowns that counts more?
Anyway Cruz is still the GOATcruz.jpg

Its not olympic boxing (of old)
Numbers of strikes and stats don't mean everything.
Stats without context tell you very little.

So what. Everyone who watched that fight with honesty walked away with the feeling that Cody won that fight.

Cody schooled him. Stats are irrelevant if you saw the fight with your own eyes.

Its not olympic boxing (of old)
Numbers of strikes and stats don't mean everything.
Stats without context tell you very little.

I watched it and maybe im a little bias towards Cruz, i was just surprised

The strikes that mattered are the ones that knocked Cruz down several times. Cody was never in trouble and had Dominick almost out at least twice.

Clear win for Cody

Think of it like this, what would cause a bigger hole in the ground, jabbing it 20 times with a toothpick or hitting it once with a hammer

Last edited:
MMA isn't point fighting, there are more factors and Cody obviously won most rounds.

That said, the numbers really surprise me, i must have missed a lot of shots.

He landed more, but I guess the judges counted the knock downs as better strikes.

Reminds men of how lawler won yet was outstruck by condit and Jonny

Cruz doesn't need anyone making excuses for him. He clearly lost, he'll be back though

IS6H1QH.gif

I'm a huge Cruz fan. He lost, handily. 4-1, maybe 3-2 if you give him the last round.

anyone else puzzled how my boy stungun got that win????

im pro dong but that was weird

Need to watch the fight on Mute.

With Rogan its 48-47 Cody
Without Rogan its 49-46 Cruz

I thought it was funny how Cruz landed about 60 leg kicks, and Cody landed about 5 all fight, and normally Rogan loves his leg kicks, goes insane normally, but this time silent, barely mentions it. Odd that

He landed more, but I guess the judges counted the knock downs as better strikes.

Reminds men of how lawler won yet was outstruck by condit and Jonny

The #1 one criteria in scoring, whether it's boxing or mma is damage done with the strikes...A jab is not going to count as much as a strong right hand....And a knock down is serious damage...whether it's a quick knock down or not....this is why so many people think the conor vs nate fight was controversial, when in fact it wasn't...Damage of strikes, knock downs are serious damage.

Need to watch the fight on Mute.

With Rogan its 48-47 Cody
Without Rogan its 49-46 Cruz

I thought it was funny how Cruz landed about 60 leg kicks, and Cody landed about 5 all fight, and normally Rogan loves his leg kicks, goes insane normally, but this time silent, barely mentions it. Odd that

Watched it on mute and.... nope you are wrong.
Do the judges have Rogan plumbed into their ears?

Back