Cruz landed more strikes in every round

If Cruz won the fight, I would have turned off UFC for good with an absolute robbery. Cody could have ended it in the 4th. He fought a tough, hard, smart fight, and won. He just packs too much punches and when you are a home run hitter, you don't get volume punches off since, you don't hit like a feather.
I agree he could have finished him. It kind of seemed like he wanted to prolong the beating lol. He never jumped on him after dropping him mutliple times.

If Cody went after him, he puts him away. I think it would be a good and much deserving rematch since Cruz is a very dominant champ. has been for ages, he could get a rematch as it was a good fight. Time is not on his side. Cody at 25 is not getting slower. He is elusive. He is a showman. He can bang and peppering pillows will not get him a belt from Cody. He did clip Cody in rd 3 I believe after getting rocked. It was a damn good fight.

Possibly. He had the potential to finish him last night, but he fought very carefully. He hurt Cruz when ever Cruz engaged first, though. I meant that Cruz should have let Cody come forward and dictate the action because Cruz has always been better fighting backwards and laterally than he has been fighting forward. Cruz's takedowns work a lot better on a fighter coming forward, too. Good fight with a great performance by Cody, but not Cruz's best gameplan either.

Literally out-cruzed cruz. Had him a whiffin pure air.

It's like I told my friends last night this was literally the perfect way for me to eat Cruz lose. Not a flash ko, or a dominate decision, but someone going out and making him look like a fool like he's done so many times to others. After all that trash talk it was just great.

Sorry if I sound stupid here, but I've had trouble with umgur links to sherdog before. What did you have for tags and url if you could walk me through it?
Here is the imgur link
You can click on the image or open it in a new window. Sometimes you get mp4 or gifv extension, so just change it to gif and insert inside "image url" on sherdog

Go ahead and throw the white belt card and please correct me if i read this wrong.. But if you look at the fightmetric, Cruz landed more in every round.. Is it the % or takedowns, knockdowns that counts more?
Anyway Cruz is still the GOATView attachment 184319
Noone cares. He lost, and might not even be BW GOAT anymore. Especially if TJ wins another fight.

Possibly. He had the potential to finish him last night, but he fought very carefully. He hurt Cruz when ever Cruz engaged first, though. I meant that Cruz should have let Cody come forward and dictate the action because Cruz has always been better fighting backwards and laterally than he has been fighting forward. Cruz's takedowns work a lot better on a fighter coming forward, too. Good fight with a great performance by Cody, but not Cruz's best gameplan either.

The fight started off like this. The first and second was Cody coming forward. In the third is when things changed. Most likely because Cruz felt he was losing and needed to try something different.

Noone cares. He lost, and might not even be BW GOAT anymore. Especially if TJ wins another fight.

I don't even like Cruz but stop with this the guy is GOAT at BW. You dont just earn that title after a fight or two.

I agree he could have finished him. It kind of seemed like he wanted to prolong the beating lol. He never jumped on him after dropping him mutliple times.

Cruz recovers and you never know if he was setting a trap. When Mcgregor dropped Diaz, I was yelling at my tv cause, I was not sure if it was a trap or not. Good fight. With RR gone, UFC needs another star and a homerun hitter like Cody is it. I feel like he hits harder then Mcgregor, not nearly as precise but, man has nukes for hands.

For a little guy (obviously no diss), its incredible seeing his stupid crazy ko power.

Always a big boxing and striker fan. Seeing guys like Tito Trinidad who was so skinny but man that guy had a crazy left hook of doom.

cruz COULD have won rounds 1,2, and 5...

but odds were at least 2 of those judges would give cody one of those rounds.. and thats exactly what happened.

Need to watch the fight on Mute.

With Rogan its 48-47 Cody
Without Rogan its 49-46 Cruz

I thought it was funny how Cruz landed about 60 leg kicks, and Cody landed about 5 all fight, and normally Rogan loves his leg kicks, goes insane normally, but this time silent, barely mentions it. Odd that

Dude, cruz arguably lost 49-45. 48-46 is the best Dom can walk away with.

He lost round 4 10-8... He was dropped what, 3 or 4 times.... 10-8.

Not seeing anyone posting it here. For starters, I do not like Cruz nor his style though I recognize his genius in footwork and awkwardness. Cruz got rocked in the 2nd or 3rd but, he then rocked Cody who backed off. Nobody is really touching this. Cody wasn't finished but he got clipped hard.

He landed pitty pat bullshit the whole fight with his arms extended 100% throwing sloppy hooks that had no body behind them, no bent elbows, without having his feet under his hooks while landing.

Those shots will never KO someone when you have Cruz's build.

Cruz does everything he can to stay as far away from being hit as possible including punching without any technique and using his footwork incredibly to keep his opponents off balance yet 75% of the time Cruz is off balance while throwing punches.

Cody caused all the damage and landed bombs on Cruz more than anyone else ever has. He should have finished but chose to showboat in the 4th then took the 5th round off which was a shitty way to close out a dominant win.

The knockdowns definitely stole some of the rounds. Most people had it 3-2 and if Cruz could have kept from sitting on his ass so many times he might have got the nod. Garbs took alot of time off in some rounds.

I personally thought it was close then rogan was acting

You know how far people are willing to reach with their bullshit when you see them questioning that decision lol

Cruz honestly had nothing for Cody, he had a little success in the 2nd round it looked like Cody was fading but rounds 3-4 he came back alive

Blatant omittance is the only reason I can think of for people saying that cruz could of taken that decision.
You can't get dropped on your ass 5 times in 1 fight from punches, and fail to drop your opponent even once.
More strikes does not always mean better.

IS6H1QH.gif

Several moments during that fight were awesome, but this was just insane. That's some amazing speed.

Cruz does everything he can to stay as far away from being hit as possible including punching without any technique and using his footwork incredibly to keep his opponents off balance yet 75% of the time Cruz is off balance while throwing punches.

I noticed this when he fought faber the second time. Faber knocked him down a bunch by catching him when he planted his feet and Cruz would be off balance and fall. It never really looked like Cruz was hurt just got caught being off balance.

Back