Cruz - "I am the best 135 lb Fighter. I was on a 3 year layoff, came back and beat TJ off the couch"

Who is the best ever at 135?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HAHA....And here.....we......go.

Sounds like Cruz is feeling disrespected from Rogans saying TJ is the best BW ever.

His point is a valid one imo, though there are those who argue that Dillashaw should have gotten the decision.

Who has the strongest case at this stage for being Bantamweight GOAT?

Time-stamped :

The fact that an eternally injured Cruz even had a close fight with TJ after such a long layoff = Cruz. Imagine Cruz/TJ if Cruz was in his prime and uninjured.

Dillashaw's resume looks better right now especially when you factor in finishes but it is extremely impressive that Cruz came back from all those years off and all the major surgeries and had a 50/50 fight with TJ. If Cruz didn't have his career derailed he would have clearly been #1.

cody beat him in dominating fashion, and he barely squeaked by tj, so that's hard to justify. tj made it evident that he's better than cody, though. still unsure on tj and cruz. right now, i think tj beats him, but cruz has the better resume.

ROGAN HATES CRUZ CUZ CRUZ CUCKS HIM EVERYTIME IN COMMENTARY.

REMINDS JOE ROGAN HE WILL NEVER BE A FIGHTER
I'm sure Joe is so very upset he makes shit loads more than Cruz by NOT fighting... {<BJPeen}

Cruz but i thought TJ won that fight and only needs to beat cruz to solidify that hes the best BW to date.

Cruz was the best 5-8 years ago. His best days are behind him. 3x ACL tears, groin tear, broken arm, he looked bad against Cody. He also rarely hurts his opponents, rarely finishes fights, and is the epitome of a point fighter.

Cruz got a gift decision so feel proud that pitter patter punches of equal quantity to TJ somehow equalled more than a guy landing the same amount of strikes but has more power..

Cruz was done at the end of the 5th. TJ will end him if they have a rematch.

Cruz coming back from those injuries like he did plus all his past work he's def the best

bantamweight GOAT? its cruz and no one else is in the conversation. people like to ride the flavor of the month, so when TJ gets randomly KO'd by rob font we're gonna throw him in the "is he better all-time than cruz" conversation.

You were on a three year layoff because you're softer than shit paper and you can't get out of bed without tearing an ACL, you goofy little midget. The Snake has been putting in work for years, constantly improving, constantly reinventing himself, while you were sitting on the couch playing with your Vienna sausage. Without TJ there wouldn't have been a bantamweight division for you to come back to when you finally decided to spare us the obnoxiousness of your television commentary and step into the cage again.

So you edged TJ on a split decision. One of them vintage Cruz decisions (cuz he doesn't have a knockout reel to speak of). Good, great, well done. Bravo. And afterwards TJ proceeded to win two fights against top ranked competition to EARN another crack at the belt before clobbering the man who made you look like an absolute fool to regain the belt... and then doing so again in the rematch.

The Snake is the BW GOAT, knocking out top competition not just coasting to boring decisions like pillow fists Cruz. Dom is just another coulda, woulda, shoulda, wishin he stacked his money like GSP but that's kinda hard when you can't draw flies to a corpse much less pop a PPV buyrate.

I can see that, but for me it's just unbecoming of a true champion. Can you imagine Fedor bickering about if his status is slightly above someone else's? He doesn't bother with that bullshit. It's not their place really. They cannot be objective and that's required when discussing the greatest of all time.
Yes i could imagine it, it would be awesome but thats not his personality. It doesnt make him anymore of a champion than Muhammed Ali, who would be the first to tell you how great he is.

<{cruzshake}>

giphy.gif

TJ Dillashaw has the best MMA skillset we've ever seen.

Beat? Lol it was a split decision.

TJ has better wins than Cruz at this point and has a stronger overall resume.
Cruz: Jorgensen, Bowles, Faber 2x, Joe b. 2x, Johnson and Dillashaw.

TJ: Garbrandt 2x, Barao 2x, lineker and assuncao.

Still give the edge to Cruz in that comparison.

TJ.

Cruz was dominant, but I think TJ has beaten better opposition. Garbrandt is Cruz' best opposition, and he lost to him. He fought MM before MM was a full time fighter. The reason Cruz is avoiding the likes of Moraes and Assuncao, is because he can' beat them and he knows it.

Cruz knows his body will fail him soon. He's gambling on a final title fight, to capitalize on his earning potential. Nothing wrong with that, I would do the same in his position. But I also understand TJ. Cruz gave TJ the runaround when TJ was the rightful number one contender. Cruz was again capitalizing on his earning potential, and should now accept the repercussions of his failed gamble.

TJ is so much more entertaining and 1st fight was a toss up. TJ decimates Cruz now but prime Cruz still makes it close

Cruz didn’t come off the couch, he had a fight before he and TJ got in the cage.

Barao 2x and Cody 2x is a better resume anyways.

bantamweight GOAT? its cruz and no one else is in the conversation. people like to ride the flavor of the month, so when TJ gets randomly KO'd by rob font we're gonna throw him in the "is he better all-time than cruz" conversation.
"Flavor of the month"

Uh. TJ first won the championship over 4 years ago and only has 1 lost in that time, a controversial split decision against Cruz, and was still fighting the n1 contenders after while Cruz was busy ducking him with geriatrics and upstarts. Cruz is the flavor the month in this situation and resting on that laurel of getting a split decision win over the champ.

Back