Cruz completely underestimated Cody.

And yes they were portions of that fight Dominic got really beat up but he never quit. He fought like a warrior the entire time. That is where the respect should come in.

Ronda fought like a "warrior" too:eek:
I never said he quit, he got embarrassed badly.

LOL all the TAM guys are saying it, and Bucholz has TJ getting KO'd on tape. Boo hoo for you, TJ, and Cruz

Of course they are all saying it they hate TJ LOL. That is not shocking.

Cruz himself said he felt great and was focused and ready and at his best before the fight. He just got outclassed and beaten, it happens, sometimes guys just run into a better opponent.

Ronda fought like a "warrior" too:eek:
I never said he quit, he got embarrassed badly.

Running headfirst into a bunch of punches with no head movement and then leaving the octagon without saying a word is fighting like a warrior? That's news to me.

LOL Bucholz is one of his best friends, and he still hangs out with Chad and Lance. Keep trying though

I don't think he underestimated him. But Cody definitely exceeded his expectations

No he did not. And Cruz deserves more respect than that. It's funny if Cody loses his next fight against TJ he will go back to being a nobody again. You have to love this forum.

Funny how sherbros go with 'when he loses his next fight hell be' after he dogs their idol. You have to love this forum.

No he did not. And Cruz deserves more respect than that. It's funny if Cody loses his next fight against TJ he will go back to being a nobody again. You have to love this forum.

TJ won't beat him

Cody is not a manlet like Lineker

Cody is a great fighter with power, TJ is a great fighter with significantly less power

Cody is the better wrestler

Next

Funny how sherbros go with 'when he loses his next fight hell be' after he dogs their idol. You have to love this forum.

Dominic has had a great career. And you are not judged off one fight when you had that type of career. Perfect example of this is GSP and Johnny Hendricks. Hendricks supposedly won that fight. But his career has fallen off a cliff. GSP has not fought since but is still regarded as a top-five guy of all time. One fight is just that. It's one fight, it does not build or destroy a legacy.

Sometimes people lose a fight. Why do people always have to come up with random reasons for it with no valid facts to conclude with? Dom fought well. It just wasn't his night. STFU TS.
LOL. Someone is mad Cruz lost.

Guruanteed Dom thought Cody would be chasing him all night. Cody made Dom come to him, outstruck him, out grappled him, and was more elusive and slick than Dom. He had no clue what hit him

TJ won't beat him

Cody is not a manlet like Lineker

Cody is a great fighter with power, TJ is a great fighter with significantly less power

Cody is the better wrestler

Next

Again we have the one fight and one performance syndrome kicking in.

Yeah it was interesting. Dom said before the fight that the reason everyone loses to him is because no one is willing to acknowledge how good he was, which is exactly what he did to Cody. Hurt him big time.

For one Cody just fought probably the best fight of his life just now. Really surprised me how slick and elusive he was. He mixed up his strikes nicely and took dom down even.

I don't think Cruz was ready for the reality of having to be the one pressing the action and engaging with Cody. Usually dom is dancing around avoiding damage and slipping in. This fight he was pressing forward and ate big shots because of it. Cody had Dom whiffing a lot of shots with beautiful foot work.

Dom had no idea what hit him
Hell yeah he did, I'm a big Cruz fan and as confident as he was I knew it was a dangerous fight for him. I knew this kid was gonna be a problem for Cruz since I saw his first UFC fight. Admittedly I am biased toward boxing based style, Cody impressed me in his fights leading up to title shot

For one Cody just fought probably the best fight of his life just now. Really surprised me how slick and elusive he was. He mixed up his strikes nicely and took dom down even.

I don't think Cruz was ready for the reality of having to be the one pressing the action and engaging with Cody. Usually dom is dancing around avoiding damage and slipping in. This fight he was pressing forward and ate big shots because of it. Cody had Dom whiffing a lot of shots with beautiful foot work.

Dom had no idea what hit him

i really think dom thought he was going to be able to outwrestle cody because dom kept talking about doing MMA and not being a one dimensional striker like cody (according to him)

Back