Cruz completely underestimated Cody.

Do not believe

Looked the same as he always looked

Got beat by a superior fighter

I don't really think it was that close.

You can't really point to success Dom had, other than activity, but he was routinely out classed throughout the entire fight, everywhere it went. Cody mocked him out in the open repeatedly and let him whiff air. When Cody hit him, he hurt him, and that was the story of the fight.

Cody is special. He's probably a top 10% athlete in the UFC across all divisions. He's got the goods.

I picked Dom to win by decision but what stood out for me tonight was the athleticism gap.

Well, for starters, age makes the difference.

In close rounds, judges have favored the champ in the past. In one exchange, Cody rocks Dom, Dom responds by rocking Cody. Cody backs off. Round likely for the champ just cause.

The athleticism was the key but, Cody did a TD, he banged as expected but, he was accurate. He was precise. I think if he pushed, he could have got the finish in that 4th rd.

Great fight. I and many others would watch a rematch.

No he didn't. Garbrandt is a bad ass, you can't underestimate someone that tough.

He expected Cody to chase him for the KO. Instead Cody said I'm going to stand in the center, you dance around and at me if you want and i'll outbox you which he did. DOm doesnt get hit a lot but he does get hit. If TJ had COdy power he would've knoced him down too.

On the other hand, I thought if Cody lands one it's over. Dom recovers well and keeps coming.

Last edited:
Sometimes people lose a fight. Why do people always have to come up with random reasons for it with no valid facts to conclude with? Dom fought well. It just wasn't his night. STFU TS.

I dislike both fighters but I want Cody vs Dillashaw and not just because one will have to loose.

As long as that overrated turd Faber never won a UFC title I'm happy.

First off it was a fun fight, I enjoyed it. Cody took Cruz completely out of his element, he played the matador while Cruz was rushing in eating counters. Cruz has and elusive style defensive counter style, not an aggressive forward minded fighter. Cody was dipping and s dodging the whole fight and it was impressive. I want to see TJ v Cody, that will be fun.

Cody clowned the hell outta him and just embarrassed him at every level.

No he did not. And Cruz deserves more respect than that. It's funny if Cody loses his next fight against TJ he will go back to being a nobody again. You have to love this forum.

I don't really think it was that close.

You can't really point to success Dom had, other than activity, but he was routinely out classed throughout the entire fight, everywhere it went. Cody mocked him out in the open repeatedly and let him whiff air. When Cody hit him, he hurt him, and that was the story of the fight.

Cody is special. He's probably a top 10% athlete in the UFC across all divisions. He's got the goods.

I picked Dom to win by decision but what stood out for me tonight was the athleticism gap.

I think that is why Cruz tried to fuck with Cody's head so hard, he wanted Cody to fight angry and go head hunting. Cruz knew that Cody is a better athlete and boxer than him

No he did not. And Cruz deserves more respect than that. It's funny if Cody loses his next fight against TJ he will go back to being a nobody again. You have to love this forum.

LOL ok you're right, Cody didn't embarrass him. he didn't drop him 4x in one round. Cody routinely beat the crap outta TJ at TAM, so I'm not worried about it.

LOL ok you're right, Cody didn't embarrass him. he didn't drop him 4x in one round. Cody routinely beat the crap outta TJ at TAM, so I'm not worried about it.

Really you were there? You saw this? Interesting.

And yes they were portions of that fight Dominic got really beat up but he never quit. He fought like a warrior the entire time. That is where the respect should come in.

Back