• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social CRT (Critical Race Theory) Megathread, Vol.1

all i did was tell TS we have a megathread and you geniuses are derailing the crap out of the thread??

<YeahOKJen>

even TS said to merge it lololol

the only people derailing are you and your friends mucking up the thread with false accusations now and conjecture
Learn to take a little friendly advice without being so triggered you have to post half of sherdogs emotes :)

Seeing as you were so active in this thread I figured you might as well give your 2 cents on the subject, but you are more worried about posting emojies and imagining you are triggering people.

No one cares if this thread gets merged or not, except you it seems.

1. Math is objective, by any conventional definition.
2. Lefties being oblivious to their own racism again, by implying non-whites are incapable of hacking it at math.

Learn to take a little friendly advice without being so triggered you have to post half of sherdogs emotes :)

Seeing as you were so active in this thread I figured you might as well give your 2 cents on the subject, but you are more worried about posting emojies and imagining you are triggering people.

No one cares if this thread gets merged or not, except you it seems.
no i made A post
then 3 people tried quoting me and derailing claiming i was doing something untoward

even the TS (in the very first reply) agreed

you 3 are trolling and derailing

Thanks i hope the mods can move this topic there. I think having a CRT megathread is a good idea.

Not one liberal has stopped by to say maybe this racism stuff is getting a bit ridiculous?

no i made A post
then 3 people tried quoting me and derailing claiming i was doing something untoward

even the TS (in the very first reply) agreed

you 3 are trolling and derailing
You keep talking about merging, not the subject.

I ask if you want to give your 2 cents on the subject.

Im now trolling and derailing acording to you.

Did you get a brain injury or something when you were on the force?

Feel free to not answer this post if you dont intend to address the point of this thread.

LOL, teaching the notion that math is "eurocentric" is exactly the type of "whitewashing" progressive complain about.

Until you get into college level math, most of what you learn comes from the middle east, invented by people who would probably identify more as black than white in today's society.
middle easterns wouldnt identify as black. middle easterners have caucasoid features

LOL TS even said it take it up with him ...

but yeah keep making something out of nothing

you have liek 10 responses in this thread, NONE of them have commented on the OP.

chicken shit.

LOL, teaching the notion that math is "eurocentric" is exactly the type of "whitewashing" progressive complain about.

Until you get into college level math, most of what you learn comes from the middle east, invented by people who would probably identify more as black than white in today's society.
Lol no. Just because majority of countries use arabic numbers, and the word algebra comes from middle East does not mean that maths taught in schools come from there. Vast majority, if not all mathematical theorem taught in schools comes from European scholars/scientists.

you have liek 10 responses in this thread, NONE of them have commented on the OP.

chicken shit.
3 geniuses derailing the thread quoting me when TS agreed? lmao

pretty sure you 3 are the ones trying to get this thread dumped and or me in trouble etc..

Thanks i hope the mods can move this topic there. I think having a CRT megathread is a good idea.

Oh cool. Were you designing buildings to like withstand earthquakes and other natural disaster?

lol... Ended up in Industrial/Municipal work.

In the "Real" world, all those factors are pre-designed in with codes and design tables.

The math classes were to help you understand how they got there, but DifEq was on a different level not really used in Engineering. I remember one lesson on how to calculate the flow path of a single water molecule traveling down a canal and into a whirlpool... Yeah... lol. I'm good at math, Calc 1-3 was no issue and neither was linear algebra, but that class let me know that higher math wasn't for me.

lol... Ended up in Industrial/Municipal work.

In the "Real" world, all those factors are pre-designed in with codes and design tables.

The math classes were to help you understand how they got there, but DifEq was on a different level not really used in Engineering. I remember one lesson on how to calculate the flow path of a single water molecule traveling down a canal and into a whirlpool... Yeah... lol. I'm good at math, Calc 1-3 was no issue and neither was linear algebra, but that class let me know that higher math wasn't for me.
Lol. Jesus, that sounds like such a pain in the ass to even make up such a question to ask/calculate. Lol

LOL TS even said it take it up with him ...

but yeah keep making something out of nothing

Sorry Bro, they're still not going to make you a mod....

There were.... issues.... with your psyche test.

They're recommending meds

chicken shit.

pretty sure you 3 are the ones trying to get this thread dumped and or me in trouble etc..

Again, people are asking if you actually want to contribute, but all you do is troll and think you have the moral high ground because the ts agreed that the thread could be merged.

Also its not some team effort to get you, stop being paranoid. You are the one derailing this thread.

Either give your 2 cents or just go away.

what are your thoughts on the story in the OP?

do you and @Jackie Blue agree with this curriculum?

why don't you try commenting on the thread rather than derailing it or trying to get it dumped.
No, of course not. Bullshit like this is what drove me to the right years ago. Mathematics isn't even skewed to people of European ancestry. It's East Asian, West Asian, Middle Eastern, etc. Growing up and throughout my life, I've been exposed to mathematicians who were from sub Saharan Africa or black American. I'm more verbally inclined than STEM oriented myself, but I certainly don't think math is racist or some nonsense like that.

That said, do we really need 100 threads about this bullshit every day when we already have a mega thread? I don't think so.

It talks about the "marginalization of non- eurocentric mathematical knowledges". So it's literally saying it's trying to give more credit to those middle easterners.

Though I never once was taught the history of mathematical concepts in school so I can't say what this would change. Might be different in Ontario.

Im just amazed any sane person can defend the thing crt has become. All the local war room lefties keep calling me right wing and stuff, but in reality im a norwegian social democrat, wich places me on the left as well.
Not gonna lie, you come across like a right winger almost all of the time. But if you really are a fellow social democrat then that's great. We need to work together on the left in the US on policy goals that you're fortunate to be able to take for granted in Norway. Let's not let the woke bullshit and culture wars distract us.

It talks about the "marginalization of non- eurocentric mathematical knowledges". So it's literally saying it's trying to give more credit to those middle easterners.

Though I never once was taught the history of mathematical concepts in school so I can't say what this would change. Might be different in Ontario.

I didn't know that algebra being marginalized in high school... I seem to remember it being pretty damn front and center.

i think crt is stupid and so is making a fake panic about it
its the "migrant caravan" or "jade helm" all over again
A bit weird calling it a fake panic when its being put in schools.

The education system is supposed to produce bright minds, not people who believe math is racist.