crows can use three tools in sequence to achieve goal; never seen before in non-humans

Is this real? Do you remember the name?
I think Petey has been trolling a bit latetley. Last week he posted a thread in the heavies that Fedor/crocop 2 was a thing LOL.

That turned out to be about as believable ad this crow story.

Crows are on the list. Octopus, chimps, dolphins and, now, crows.

Octopus are limited by habitat and reproduction issues.

Dolphins by habitat and dexterity.

Chimps remain the greatest danger but, if the crows manage to make use of tree jumping crocodiles...
it may be time to formulate a solution.

Who said they weren't doing it deliberately..

imgur_9CUtI.gif

They're moving up the list!

Crows get together and one crow sits in the middle and caws. Sometimes the crows kill the one in the middle. Sometimes they all just fly away. Nobody knows why they do this.

Probably something to do with religion.

I'm also very surprised nobody mentioned it but crows have actually been proven to be pretty good musicians as well.

For instance the song 'Hot :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:' by Bobby Shmurda features none other than Crow J. Simpson spitting the hottest bars out the animal kingdom, his verse starts around :25 into the song

That was back before he made it big and went all mainstream on this one

If theres one animal you dont want to mess with its Crows. These mofos will make you wish you were never born.

99SIlva was a crow.

Had an english teacher in middle school who supposedly had a 'pet' crow that hung out around their house for years and fucked with them all the time. He would hide nuts and bolts and shit when they were working on various things and bring them back after being questioned. There were a bunch of stories and this lady was legit no reason to lie. Crows are eerily smart, I would like to befriend one.

Crows can also recognize human faces and the US military had a plan to use them to locate Osama bin Laden. Apparently they never put it into action

Give them a swiss army knife, leatherman, or any other multi-tool and they'll be running the world by 2020. The crows around here must eat well as they're huge compared to the ones I used to often see at my old house.

Have you ever tried shooting a crow?? Soon as you pull a gun there gone, point a broom stick at them and they won't budge, put the broom down and pick up a riffle and thee gone before you can even aim it.

On another note my dad had a pet crow named Russell, he would mimick my dad and every time the go dogs barked he would squark "shut up"

Looks like we need to know where to look for the casting of the new MacGyver.

I saw this documentary where an old guy living in the middle of nowhere would drive into the nearest town to get breakfast & read the newspaper. One day he noticed a raven was following him along the drive, back and forth. This became a regular thing. He started leaving food out for the raven on top of his car. Then one morning he came out and found his car was started, and waiting for him. Then every morning it was. The raven had been watching him, and then one day went into the car and turned the key which he always left in the ignition. The documentary crew set up a camera in the car and captured the raven doing it. Pretty amazing.

That's incredible.

Ravens are mad clever. Research has shown that they will locate dead animals, and then gather to make distinct calls which summon large predators, such as bears and wolves.

They do this because they're not capable of penetrating the hides of said cadavers. The wolves and bears, having learned said calls, respond and tear the corpse up to a condition, while eating, that makes it suitable for the ravens to feast.

It's considered somewhat of a synergistic relationship, but it's really just the ravens using the larger animals as tools for their own means. Sometimes they'll even pester the larger predators and steal parts of the meal.

Quite impressive.

Back