Crocop was in his prime during his UFC Run.

You’re a fanboy, tell me how crocop was past prime 10 years ago when he’s on a win streak and athletically 100x better than Country now.

Because Country is way past his own prime and out of shape

He was never elite, I agree, but he fought a lot of top guys. I think you're downplaying his resume quite a bit.

I just loved him because of his attitude (always good), his willingness to bang, and the way he looked. Like this big fat dude could kick 99.9% of the populations ass, and laugh and smile about it.

I'll always be a fan.
i’m a big fan too. always loved the rush when you’d see him throw a giant bomb and you know it’s a 50/50 chance this fight ends with this punch. but he was insanely limited. all of his losses in the UFC were to good fighters but that’s usually what defines an elite fighter.

As last night showed, Nelson fell off the wagon 10 feet further than Crocop. How can you argue that Mirko was passed prime 8 years ago in the first fight when he demonstrated that he was 10x more athletic than Nelson last night?

Another question, how good would prime Nelson be in Pride considering his easy wins over cop and nog?

Cro Cop didn't fight those fights in boxing ring and Pride rules, those fights were in american rules and cage that did not suite him, that took away many of his tools, and gave advantage to his opponents.
Space in the cage is too big and too round and it allowed his opponents to keep out of range, and to circle around and away from his power, and move all the time so he could not reach them and set up kicks.
Look at Kongo - Minakov fight where Kongo was escaping around enitre round for 5 minutes and Minakov was chasing him and could not reach him because space is big and round.

Boxing ring is a lot smaller square space with corners, and opponents could not evade and escape there, Cro Cop forced them to toe to toe combat by ring cutting and closing into corners.
American rules are wrestling crap with wire fence pushing and clinching, and safe wrestling where you can shoot takedowns safely and opponent is forbidden to punish you with kick and knees on the ground. Ropes in the ring are flexible, they allow movement of legs, squatting and crunching to defend takedowns. Ropes are about breast-high and they leave upper body and arms free to act and punch. It is easier to exit clinch on the ropes.

Cro Cop simply had bad luck that ring MMA dissapeared from the big scene in 2007, and he had no option but to fight in american cage and american rules that did not suite him and gave advantage to his opponents.

Last edited:
Murko exited his prime on the plane over to America while wearing his PRIDE Open Weight GP belt.

I thought that was common knowledge.

Cro Cop was still in his prime entering the UFC his first two years but began to decline around 2008/2009. What carried him to keep winning and staying active was just that he is a high level fighter.

He was in his Prime age wise, but not mentally. Various people, including Mirko himself, have stated that he was a miserable fuck at that time.

He came in with a notorious reputation of being deadly and offesively gifted. Watching his fights vs. Gonzaga and Kongo, he couldn't have been further away from those things.

Zeal is important for certain fighters. He didn't have it anymore. Injuries played a factor also, but we have to be realistic and accept that he looked deadly against bums in Japan, or opponents who were too small to fight him (Wanderlei, Sakuraba, Oyama, Minowa, Kanehara).

So why did he beat Roy last night, then? Is Roy now more past prime than him? How did that happen? How did the younger fighter, with fewer fights, who was "better competition" find himself more out of prime and on the losing end of that fight, according to your strange, impossible to untangle, theory on primes?
Thats what im saying, roy is clearly more past prime than crocop meaning that he was further past prime in the first fight aswell.

Cro cop's UFC run had nothing to do with falling off his physical prime. He fought in a ring his whole career. Ring to Cage is a huge change. He can't cut off and trap his opponents in a cage. Also he gets held against the cage and destroyed like in the Kongo fight.

I feel like most of you guys don't even realize that you make your fighters sound like terrible fighters when you say they couldn't adapt. It implies they were only good under certain conditions, and not good in and of themselves.

You’re a fanboy, tell me how crocop was past prime 10 years ago when he’s on a win streak and athletically 100x better than Country now.
Well, most of the guys are way more athletic than Nelson

I feel like most of you guys don't even realize that you make your fighters sound like terrible fighters when you say they couldn't adapt. It implies they were only good under certain conditions, and not good in and of themselves.

Murko fans have an obsessive desire to redeem him of any blemish — imagined or otherwise.

They act as though the world needs to stop turning to make way for this so-called “revenge tour” of his.

See Crocop when he fought in Pride compared to his UFC days you will know he clearly was NOT in his prime in the UFC. Pride Crocop was much more sharper and quicker. He's been looking better though as of late. Can't believe he's still fighting.

It's unfortunate MMA disproportionately draws its fan base from the people who never actually played sports for themselves growing up.

Saying Cro Cop was in his prime during his first UFC run is completely asinine.

When the UFC bought out Pride and the two merged, the top fighters from Pride at the moment of the merger, performed much better, and lasted much longer than the top fighters already signed with the UFC at the moment of the merger.

you mean like shogun getting subbed by forrest griffin

Mirko was never the same after bulking up for the UFC. It caused him to fight differently. He lost movement and his reaction time slowed down. I suspect fighting drugs were removed from his camp because of the loss of aggression.

I would actually say that he's better now than he ever was in the UFC

Realistically, 2004-2007 were his best years in MMA

He's also developed this strange arm twitch that's not really talked about

Hard to argue that considering he looked good last night and Nelson looked like complete shite. If Cop was past prime then he would be way worse than Nelson.
He looked like shit last night

Back