Crocop was in his prime during his UFC Run.

But hes fighting the same guy he

Its easy to look good fighting bums,guys like struve Greg hardy whatever look like killers in the parking lot regional fights but look terrible against elite competetion.
My argument is that Roy was likely further past prime in 2011 considering his current state.
Lol he wasn't fighting parking lot regional guys in Pride. Roy is passed his prime now but in 2011 he was still cracking skulls with that power and even went on a decent three fight streak.

No need to be upset, you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Look crocop is a great guy but he was exposed against better competition. If country was in his prime back then how is he so shot now when cop is looking good?

Wow. A star wars quote. That seems in line with your general intelligence level.

How is he so shot now...? Because he's obese??? Meanwhile, Crocop has better genenetics and has used HGH. Jesus. These questions. Are you even serious?

Lol he wasn't fighting parking lot regional guys in Pride. Roy is passed his prime now but in 2011 he was still cracking skulls with that power and even went on a decent three fight streak.
Pride guys were powerful but one-dimensional. Thats my point crocop was at his best or close to it in the UFC but skills wise he couldn’t compete with elite fighters.

No need to be upset, you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Look crocop is a great guy but he was exposed against better competition. If country was in his prime back then how is he so shot now when cop is looking good?

Better question. If Roy Nelson is "better competition" why did Cro Cop just beat him last night? If Gonzaga is better competition, why did Cro Cop beat him in the rematch? Could you please tell me how how your theory on fighter "Primes" explains that?

Wow. A star wars quote. That seems in line with your general intelligence level.

How is he so shot now...? Because he's obese??? Meanwhile, Crocop has better genenetics and has used HGH. Jesus. These questions. Are you even serious?
Countrys on steroids aswell and he has always been obese. I think I really hurt your feelings dude I’m sorry, maybe you should get a job and stop spending so much of your life on the computer.

Like half of Sherdog, you don't even understand what "Prime" means.

Cro Cops first fight in the UFC was his 53rd career professional prize fight. Every single one of those previous fight took place at the world class level.

Show me another fighter with 52 career professional, world class, prize fights behind him that you think is in his "Prime."

/thread
Nobody is in his prime after 53 professional fights at a world class level.

TS is stupid.

Israel Adesenya just had his 133 fight against Silva.

CC's prime truly ended after the Wand rematch, when he hurt his foot. That's why he was wearing wrestling shoes when he fought Hunt. His reflexes and speed had already taken a hit by that point, but he was still performing at a very high level and compensating for his athletic decline with experience and striking ability. After that injury, he never let his kicks go the same way again. It made him become far more hesitant and a straight left alone wasn't enough to carry him.

His knee/leg/ankle was badly twisted backwards in his 2nd UFC bout and that and numerous knees to the nuts and badly poked eye training for Mir and torn biceps training for Nelson means Crocop was not in his prime in UFC. He had severe sports psychology problems in UFC as the result of losing and getting injured and fighting injured and losing via KO.

Anyone who saw Crocop in PRIDE knows his prime involved supreme confidence, fast speed, fast twitch reflexes and kicks, powerful striking.

Israel Adesenya just had his 133 fight against Silva.

Come on. Isreal has like 25 pro kickboxing matches on true world class cards, mostly against nobodies, and 5 MMA matches for a true world class promotion.

You think the first time Cro Cop gave kickboxing a shot was when he entered the K-1 Tournament to fight Le Banner and Hoost?

44 year old man with a better body then a 22 year old college football player.

too many hurt pride fanboys who have had to make up the myth of primes in order to defend the posters up on their mom's basements

you're going to tell me fedor and cro cop was no longer prime by 30? kongo is still beating top fighters at 43 years old and DC is the GOAT at 40 lol

Come on. Isreal has like 25 pro kickboxing matches on true world class cards, mostly against nobodies, and 5 MMA matches for a true world class promotion.

You think the first time Cro Cop gave kickboxing a shot was when he entered the K-1 Tournament to fight Le Banner and Hoost?
And crocop fought cans in fake fights in pride, whats your pouint.’?

How can crocop look so good athletically with 80 fights under his belt then?

I don't know. A also don't know what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting that he doesn't look so good athletically with 80 fights under his belt? But he does. Are you suggesting that because he still looks good athletically he's still in his prime, even now? That seems like an odd thing to suggest. What are you suggesting?

He weighs the same last 10 years and he has less muscle then 10 years ago, he was more ripped then. He's not on the juice. He trains all the god damn time. We in Croatia who follow him here know that the guy's a training fanatic. He trains the next day, after operations, the other arm /leg,

It's more than one factor why he declined. Multiple operations, no motivation after winning OWGP 2006, stubbornes to train anywhere else but his basement, age etc.

but, on the other hand, today he has ANte Delija, Darko Stošić, Satoshi Ishi, Stipe Drviš in the gym...that's a pretty good team

too many hurt pride fanboys who have had to make up the myth of primes in order to defend the posters up on their mom's basements

you're going to tell me fedor and cro cop was no longer prime by 30? kongo is still beating top fighters at 43 years old and DC is the GOAT at 40 lol
Exactly 60 or 70 fights don’t make you oast prime Muay thai is a more punishing sport where guys are still fighting at a competetive level after 300 fights.

I don't know. A also don't know what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting that he doesn't look so good athletically with 80 fights under his belt? But he does. Are you suggesting that because he still looks good athletically he's still in his prime, even now? That seems like an odd thing to suggest. What are you suggesting?
Im suggesting he was not more “past prime” than roy when they fought the first time.

When the UFC bought out Pride and the two merged, the top fighters from Pride at the moment of the merger, performed much better, and lasted much longer than the top fighters already signed with the UFC at the moment of the merger.

Prime Nelson was truly elite. Not a smart fighter but extremely good at what he chose to do. Granite chin, would just keep coming at you no matter what, and always trying to land that telegraphed overhand right. And usually, eventually, land it. And everyone knew better than to go ground with him. If Nelson had gameplanned and grappled more, he possibly could've been the champ.

But now he is truly old and past his prime, weaker, gasses, can't keep the same pace... Mirko on otherhand has had quite a few vitamins and picograms to keep him athletic enough.
Crocop was freakishly strong in their fight last night. He just casually pushed Roy from one end of the cage to the other.

Back