Crocop was in his prime during his UFC Run.

Im suggesting he was not more “past prime” than roy when they fought the first time.

So why did he beat Roy last night, then? Is Roy now more past prime than him? How did that happen? How did the younger fighter, with fewer fights, who was "better competition" find himself more out of prime and on the losing end of that fight, according to your strange, impossible to untangle, theory on primes?

44 year old man with a better body then a 22 year old college football player.
Surely Crocop has the money to buy good food that a broke college football player can't because he spent his money on moped and/or drugs. Crocop also has ample time since he doesn't need to work or attend classes.

Don't forget Crocop tore his left biceps training for Nelson. Just look at it from older video of that match.

Cro Cop was in PRIDE in his prime. He was much quicker than with more cardio are more reflexes.
But 2019 Cro Cop is the strongest one, lot of needles I guess..

Crocop was not “shot” or passed prime in their first fight because he’s superior now to Nelson. If he was shot then he would be logically swiss cheese by now compared to current nelson.

How does that follow logically at all? It's a point 'A' and a point 'B' with no path between the two.

It's like saying "If my grandpa was truly older and weaker than my dad when Grandpa was 60 and Dad was 30, then why did my dad die of a heart attack at 40, while my 70 year old Grandpa was able to attend the funeral?"

It's damned stupid what you're trying to say. It has zero logical integrity.

Dedication is the keyword. Big mac country doesnt give a fuk about training anymore for some time.

But hes fighting the same guy he

Its easy to look good fighting bums,guys like struve Greg hardy whatever look like killers in the parking lot regional fights but look terrible against elite competetion.
My argument is that Roy was likely further past prime in 2011 considering his current state.
Are you saying Nelson was past prime 7 years into his career because he looks like shit right now?
What a fucking stupid comment.

I love Big Country, I mean check out my signature, but come on man.

Your whole logic/argument is that since Big Country fell off more physically since they first fought, that that somehow puts CC back into his prime, or that he was in his prime later? Not a good logical point or argument.

I don’t think you understand, how was crocop far superior athletically to Nelson when he was apparently past prime 10 years ago?

You're right. I really don't understand.

In what way are the two of those things mutually exclusive?

Everyone doesn't decline at the same rate, Nelson fell of worse than CroCop did in the last ten years. I don't even understand how you can draw the conclusion you do from that.

Hard to argue that considering he looked good last night and Nelson looked like complete shite. If Cop was past prime then he would be way worse than Nelson.

You do realize Crocop is on hgh right?

Crocop is uber right now and Roy is just a fat slob it's no surprise.

Crocop did come to the UFC with lingering injury but what no one discusses is the changes he had to overcome fighting in the UFC.

You have different rules,round timing,scoring system,and going from a ring to a cage is a big deal for a striker.The angles used to cut off opponents are different then a cage where it's easier to dance in circles.

PRIDE guys who came over all had to deal with these issues.Itd be interesting if the UFC guys had to try PRIDE rules.

Do you have eyes? He looked and moved nothing like he did in Pride and K-1. Looked like a sluggish old man in comparison.

Hmm he had a 11 year mileage of mma and kickboxing put together by the time he joined the ufc. Not a totally washed up guy but wouldnt call that “ prime”...Cro cop was a beast and he didnt deliver in the ufc... thats the end of it. Why? who knows....Imo and again just my opinion is that the cage and his mental weakness played a big factor. Some guys cut it and some others dont.

Soccer has little to do with it but just an example.... many great soccer players made it in italy or germany and when they got the biggest deal of their lives and moved to spain or england they simply sucked. They were sent back to their original team after a year and began to score again.

He wasn't in his prime ,after he won the pride gp his knee cartilague was so messed up that he had to take out liquid of his swollen knees every time after a harder training session and after a fight ,and there is plenty of footage of him doing this procedure, during pride he fought way to many times and seriously fck..d his knees and that is why he looked more gun-shy and slow. But a few years ago he had a surgery that regenerated his cartilage(this is a new procedure ,cartilage couldn't be regenerated until now) so he was able to turn back the clock to some extend.

Neither fighter are in their primes anymore that’s quite obvious. I can’t get over how good Cro Cop looked physically and mentally, he was sharp and he took strikes well.

Nelson just looks to be a lot slower, he can’t land his big explosive bombs anymore, he’s not quick enough to get in and finish the TDs, he just looks to be really struggling to find a groove lately

Prime Nelson was truly elite. Not a smart fighter but extremely good at what he chose to do. Granite chin, would just keep coming at you no matter what, and always trying to land that telegraphed overhand right. And usually, eventually, land it. And everyone knew better than to go ground with him. If Nelson had gameplanned and grappled more, he possibly could've been the champ.

But now he is truly old and past his prime, weaker, gasses, can't keep the same pace... Mirko on otherhand has had quite a few vitamins and picograms to keep him athletic enough.
“prime nelson was truly elite” is an absolute farce. he never cracked the top 8 or 9 and less impressive when you’re knocking out guys like dave herman. 9-10 in the ufc and never beat a single top 5 or 6 fighter. i think prime nelson was a fringe contender at best.

Of course he was. He had the best performances of his entire career only months before stepping into the UFC to get destroyed. Just like Fedor was in his prime when he was in SF.Only delusional fans conveniently cherry pick when they want to claim when their idol is past prime, like right before he starts losing and maybe, just maybe the inconvenient truth is that they weren't as great as they thought they were.

“prime nelson was truly elite” is an absolute farce. he never cracked the top 8 or 9 and less impressive when you’re knocking out guys like dave herman. 9-10 in the ufc and never beat a single top 5 or 6 fighter. i think prime nelson was a fringe contender at best.

He was never elite, I agree, but he fought a lot of top guys. I think you're downplaying his resume quite a bit.

I just loved him because of his attitude (always good), his willingness to bang, and the way he looked. Like this big fat dude could kick 99.9% of the populations ass, and laugh and smile about it.

I'll always be a fan.

Cro cop's UFC run had nothing to do with falling off his physical prime. He fought in a ring his whole career. Ring to Cage is a huge change. He can't cut off and trap his opponents in a cage. Also he gets held against the cage and destroyed like in the Kongo fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back