Crocop was in his prime during his UFC Run.

Towerworld

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As last night showed, Nelson fell off the wagon 10 feet further than Crocop. How can you argue that Mirko was passed prime 8 years ago in the first fight when he demonstrated that he was 10x more athletic than Nelson last night?

Another question, how good would prime Nelson be in Pride considering his easy wins over cop and nog?

He has a long kickboxing career (lesser extent boxing) and was battle worn before he even went to mma.

so nope.

As last night showed, Nelson fell off the wagon 10 feet further than Crocop. How can you argue that Mirko was passed prime 8 years ago in the first fight when he demonstrated that he was 10x more athletic than Nelson last night?

Another question, how good would prime Nelson be in Pride considering his easy wins over cop and nog?
You’re an idiot.
<CroCop1>

I'm one of CroCops biggest UFC detractors but this is only half true. He was in his prime when he first entered the UFC but not really for his decond run.

Im sorry but Prime Crocop doesnt get headkicked by Gonzaga or get smashed by fucking brendan schaub.
Hard to argue that considering he looked good last night and Nelson looked like complete shite. If Cop was past prime then he would be way worse than Nelson.

Mirko's UFC Career :)

HYtf8DT.png

Last edited:

there's no such thing as a prime Nelson

How many left high kick knockouts did you see from him during in the UFC? Or even attempts?

he looked slow in the ufc compared to when he was in k-1 and pride. put on too much weight and got old

Prime Nelson was truly elite. Not a smart fighter but extremely good at what he chose to do. Granite chin, would just keep coming at you no matter what, and always trying to land that telegraphed overhand right. And usually, eventually, land it. And everyone knew better than to go ground with him. If Nelson had gameplanned and grappled more, he possibly could've been the champ.

But now he is truly old and past his prime, weaker, gasses, can't keep the same pace... Mirko on otherhand has had quite a few vitamins and picograms to keep him athletic enough.

Like half of Sherdog, you don't even understand what "Prime" means.

Cro Cops first fight in the UFC was his 53rd career professional prize fight. Every single one of those previous fight took place at the world class level.

Show me another fighter with 52 career professional, world class, prize fights behind him that you think is in his "Prime."

Prime Nelson was truly elite. Not a smart fighter but extremely good at what he chose to do. Granite chin, would just keep coming at you no matter what, and always trying to land that telegraphed overhand right. And usually, eventually, land it. And everyone knew better than to go ground with him. If Nelson had gameplanned and grappled more, he possibly could've been the champ.

But now he is truly old and past his prime, weaker, gasses, can't keep the same pace... Mirko on otherhand has had quite a few vitamins and picograms to keep him athletic enough.
Yeah at the very least country and crocop were equal prime wise in their first fight. Skill for skill Country destroyed cop and really exposed pride.

It's complicated for me on a lot of aspects, I think:

- he was in his prime when he first got in the UFC but that he lacked motivation
- he had a real hard time adjusting to the cage
- that brutal Gongaza KO took some confidence away, made him real iffy inside the cage
- PEDs may also come into play.. yes it's a reality in sports he maybe stopped for a while and got a bunch of bad performances and losses and KOs while adjusting to that damn cage, gun shy etc.. a shell of his former self
- but look at him now in his mid 40's and still doing the damn thing and getting Ws, seems to finally accept the cage and embrace dirty boxing too / fights in that clinch. Yet I don't think he will pass USADA testing but then again that doesn't mean much nowadays doesn't it

You’re a fanboy, tell me how crocop was past prime 10 years ago when he’s on a win streak and athletically 100x better than Country now.
Lol, fuck off troll, look at my join date, I’m not getting sucked into this.
<DisgustingHHH>

Cro Cop was in his Prime in like 2004-2005, had 20+ mma fights, 20+ kickboxing fights and was 5 years into his MMA career at that stage.

“Prime” is when your athletic peak and skill peaks meet, most fighters it’s 5-7 years into their careers after around 15-20 fights - depends on variables (background, other combat sports XP, weight class, etc.) and has a very short length before you start to decline.

Stop with this Cro Cop in his prime in UFC narrative; his knees were already fucked and he didn’t even train in a cage, his entire game was based off cutting off corners in a ring.

Cro Cops first fight in the UFC was his 53rd career professional prize fight. Every single one of those previous fight took place at the world class level.

Show me another fighter with 52 career professional, world class, prize fights behind him that you think is in his "Prime."
I don’t think you understand, how was crocop far superior athletically to Nelson when he was apparently past prime 10 years ago?

/thread
Nobody is in his prime after 53 professional fights at a world class level.

TS is stupid.

Back