Cro Cop-King Mo, Aliakbari-Herring IS OFFICIAL (Poll)

Who do you think wins?

• Total voters
Wow RIZIN delivered

How do you guys think fighting so quickly after his win over Ishii is gonna affect Mo?

Is he gonna be drained or will he instead be sharp because of it?

This is a super match way to go RIZIN

Herring/Ali is going to be a slaughter that's for sure
Mo took zero damage from Ishii and he did not have to cut any weight. Pretty sure he will be fine. Lets see if the cardio holds up if he gets through the whole tournament.

People can hate Mo all they want (he is really dislikeable) but the guy is old school AF.

Good replacements! Love or hate Mo he is a good fighter.

Herring is a surprise. Makes me wonder if Rizin hadn't already made him an offer to return and if he was already training.

Hope to be wrong, but this is gonna be scary.

Pretty sure CC would just run through Wanderlei, but King Mo has at least equal chance to win this.

Very good fight.

Great replacements although i'd rather see bigfoot or rampage against cro cop

4.gif

One thing that never gets brought up about this fight is that Cro Cop had a torn bicep and had surgery 2 days after the fight. He couldn't really use his right hand. As you can see in the gif he only throws left hands, because he can't throw the right.

But I'm picking Aliakbari to win the whole thing. Juiced up world wrestling champion that's like 6'4'' 265 pounds and in his 20s. Don't get that too often in MMA.

Yeah, Herring was once known as the "wrestler killer" after beating Mark Kerr and Tom Erickson (who were a bit out of their primes, but still decent fighters at the time). Then he ran into Lesnar. I know very little about Aliakbari, but given his similarities with Lesnar (size, wrestling background) and Heath's 8-year layoff, I don't think the smart money will bet on Herring.

Didn't he get two KOs in his last tourney?

The one where he fought a bunch of backyard, county fair journeyman-type MMA guys? Yeah, he looks pretty good in those situations.

Decent match up.

Have they said if the stream will be free for this event?

What is the actual start time and day in America?

I really hope we see UbeReem-level juiced Mirko on test, HGH and horsemeat! FU USADA!

Right leg - hospital, left leg - cemetery!

Aliakbari beating Mo in the finals seems most likely, bit I could see Mo finding a way to lose to Cro Cop or Baruto.

I guess im the only one more interested in seeing how herring does.

It will be surreal to see Herring again...

It will be surreal to see Herring again...

Agreed. Man retired at the right time. But in an age where the old vets r being very successful at hw and i imagine hes getting a decent purse cant say i blame him. Rizin loves grabbing these old vets with tons of fights out of retirement for their prospects with few fights. Tk v. Sumo is another even more dramatic example. I think tk has a decent shot at his fight but prolly not herring. Wrestling too good.

Chances are 50:50, tough fight..
Mo is younger, faster and more explosive, Mirko si bigger, stronger and more experienced in ring.

I guess im the only one more interested in seeing how herring does.

I'm interested.

He didn't step away due to being a physical wreck. I recall reading that he felt he was screwed over by the UFC and paid peanuts for being in the main event against Brock Lesnar. Herring had some involvement in some South American MMA promotion (not sure the capacity).

At 38 he is no spring chicken, but apparently has been training with guys for some time. I do know wrestling is his big weakness and the Iranian's strength. Maybe he lands a knee or a kick and changes things really quick.

I'm glad to see him back. I won't write him off like some of these other knee-jerkers until I see him fight.

Back