Crawford takes on Jean

oh my god, this fight, i can feel the tenderization. The breakdown of the body, Terrence is a beautiful butcher. I want to see him with Manny immediately.

Crawford is just starting to make his mark at 140 pounds. The guy just moved up from 135, what, 2 fights ago?

Beating Gamboa was decent and Jean is not terrible but lets be real, Crawford isn't ready for Pac. Pac has timing that a guy like Jean doesn't have. Knows how to set up a shot better, better counter punching ability.... etc.

Also, the idea of Crawford as a PPV star is not ideal, especially when you ask the question, "who next for Pac?" Are we going to have to pay 60 bucks to watch him fight Mathysse?

HBO selling us crap again. Desperate for our PPV money.

If the fight is at 140 would you be happier with it?

I don't think it would need to make Craw a ppv only type of fighter at all. These days it's pretty common for opponents of Pac or Mayweather to go from that big ppv fight back to mostly non-ppv fights. Even GGG is going to be bouncing back and fourth from ppv to just hbo.

I think it's a good match and probably Craw's last shot ever at one of the biggest two stars in the sport.

Crawford is just starting to make his mark at 140 pounds. The guy just moved up from 135, what, 2 fights ago?

Beating Gamboa was decent and Jean is not terrible but lets be real, Crawford isn't ready for Pac. Pac has timing that a guy like Jean doesn't have. Knows how to set up a shot better, better counter punching ability.... etc.

Also, the idea of Crawford as a PPV star is not ideal, especially when you ask the question, "who next for Pac?" Are we going to have to pay 60 bucks to watch him fight Mathysse?

HBO selling us crap again. Desperate for our PPV money.

You make some valid points. My take is that this is a simple math equation of risk vs reward. Crawford is still young enough in his career where he doesn't really risk much by fighting Pac and losing. On the flip side if he wins, a superstar is born.

The whole weight issue is a bit overstated in my opinion. People forget that 8 fights ago Crawford stepped up on short notice to fight Breidis Prescott who also fights at WW and owned him. The same Breidis Prescott who KO'd Amir Khan.

As far as I'm concerned Crawford is as ready as he'll ever be, why let this small window of opportunity pass him by?

Boxing needs to stop coddling people.

You make some valid points. My take is that this is a simple math equation of risk vs reward. Crawford is still young enough in his career where he doesn't really risk much by fighting Pac and losing. On the flip side if he wins, a superstar is born.

The whole weight issue is a bit overstated in my opinion. People forget that 8 fights ago Crawford stepped up on short notice to fight Breidis Prescott who also fights at WW and owned him. The same Breidis Prescott who KO'd Amir Khan.

As far as I'm concerned Crawford is as ready as he'll ever be, why let this small window of opportunity pass him by?

Boxing needs to stop coddling people.

I like Crawford but feel he's untested vs the elite in his own weight class, let alone 147.

am i the only one that thinks Crawford will absolutely destroy Pacquiao?

Tough to say. If Pacs heart isn't in the fight, there's a lot more danger than against a guy like Rios, sure.

But Pac is a killer in exchanges. Has good timing, fair defense when his mind is set to it and is just a way smarter offensive fighter than anyone Crawford has been in there with.

Not to mentions he's probably considerable larger than and a better puncher than any of Crawfords opponents.

I don't see Crawford dominating a good version of Pac.

Tough to say. If Pacs heart isn't in the fight, there's a lot more danger than against a guy like Rios, sure.

But Pac is a killer in exchanges. Has good timing, fair defense when his mind is set to it and is just a way smarter offensive fighter than anyone Crawford has been in there with.

Not to mentions he's probably considerable larger than and a better puncher than any of Crawfords opponents.

Better puncher, but Pacquiao's not larger than Jean. He was 156 last night. Considering Beltran just failed to make lightweight he's probably at least as big as Pacquiao. Dulorme and Prescott are bigger.

Gamboa was lighting Crawford up and wobbled him pretty bad. Outside of Gamboa, a 130 pounder, Crawford has fought mediocre competition. Pacquiao is just much better than anything that Crawford has seen, plus bigger and more dangerous.

No doubt that Crawford is stepping up. Which is great.

The bigger question for me is what sort of performance Pacman has left in him. He has been noticeably declining the last couple of years and now he will be coming off a serious injury.

Anyway - I am pretty excited for this fight. Hope it really happens

yeah, thats the thing. I would never say that if this was 2012 but I think Pacquiao is fighting for 1 last check.

I doubt it. Pacquiao is far better than anyone we've seen Crawford in there with. Crawford is definitely a good, versatile fighter, but I still have my doubts that anyone at 147 other than Floyd can beat Pacquiao (Brook is the only other fighter I'd give a good chance to), and we haven't even seen Crawford at that weight, yet (and I'm not sure that Crawford wouldn't just be another fighter at WW considering its depth compared to JWW and LW). It's a huge step up for Crawford, and though his boxing ability probably will give Pacquiao problems, dominating Pacquiao would shock me, and even convincingly beating him would be very surprising at this point. If they want Crawford to have a chance at being a star, it's probably the right move to make, though (making Crawford/Pac).

Crawford should probably fight Postol before he thinks of getting in there with Pac. I think Crawford has a future at 147, but best not to rush it. There are a lot of options out there for him in the future, even if he misses the opportunity to fight Pac: Khan, Brook, Thurman, Garcia.

Crawford should probably fight Postol before he thinks of getting in there with Pac. I think Crawford has a future at 147, but best not to rush it. There are a lot of options out there for him in the future, even if he misses the opportunity to fight Pac: Khan, Brook, Thurman, Garcia.

Ideally, but the idea is that his window to fight Pacquiao closes after April so if he wants that potentially huge win, he needs to go all in now. It's a gamble, but the reward likely outweighs the risk.

I agree, but they Pac is losing his juices, he needs to pass the mantle and marketability wise, Terrence is the potential new star in town. He needs to take it from Pac, who is now aged meat.

Words can't describe how i would feel to see these two fight, oh man the thought of it gets me in a frenzy.

Pac-Crawford is a great bout. I think Crawford would overcome Pac at this stage. The time is now for the fight to be made.

If we get the non roided Pacquaio that fought Floyd then Bud picks him apart, possibly stopping him midway

And shame on Kellerman for making Bud look classless and bitter at the interview

" non roided " Pac still beat Bradley and Destroyed Rios and Algieri .

From a new interview with Arum.

"Interviewer - How close are we to seeing a Pacman vs. Crawford fight?

Arum - There are three names that only Manny can pick from based on the best decision for him. They are 1) Amir Khan 2) Juan Marquez and 3) Terence.

Interviewer - What weight would the fight be at?

Arum - Manny has to eat five meals a day just to make 144…the weight would be at 140 and would be for Terence’s title."

So I guess the complaints about Crawford having to go up in weight again for the fight are null and void.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/crawford-i-told-you-all-belt-stays-here-311370#more-311370

Back