Crawford takes on Jean

ROBERTO DURAN!

swoon.gif

Get this guy on PPV already!

Sorry, Pacquiao but I would definitely root for Crawford in that fight.

It reminded me of the commentary on a mm fight, trying to convince us all how great he is.

He should have/could have taken Jean out a lot earlier than he did, since he so clearly outclassed him, but he looked good I guess.

With Pacquiao on his way out looking for one last fight, I think it would be a mistake to not pair him up with Crawford. Crawford is the future, and the timing couldn't be more perfect.

With Pacquiao on his way out looking for one last fight, I think it would be a mistake to not pair him up with Crawford. Crawford is the future, and the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Well since it would basically be an in-house fight it's win win for top rank. If Pac loses they can market Craw as his replacement and the next generation. If Pac wins they can play it off as a step up that was too fast and too soon into a weight class he wasn't ready for.

As far as the fight itself I would say it's a toss up. Craw is very impressive but when he gets someone in trouble he leaves himself wide open. Plus his activity level in any given fight seems to drop pretty frequently for some reason. Pac is no where near his prime and this is a good time to walk away but the size advantage he would have in this fight might make a big difference. Fun match up. Would be the first Pac PPV that I'd be happy to pay for since that last Marquez fight.

Well since it would basically be an in-house fight it's win win for top rank. If Pac loses they can market Craw as his replacement and the next generation. If Pac wins they can play it off as a step up that was too fast and too soon into a weight class he wasn't ready for.

As far as the fight itself I would say it's a toss up. Craw is very impressive but when he gets someone in trouble he leaves himself wide open. Plus his activity level in any given fight seems to drop pretty frequently for some reason. Pac is no where near his prime and this is a good time to walk away but the size advantage he would have in this fight might make a big difference. Fun match up. Would be the first Pac PPV that I'd be happy to pay for since that last Marquez fight.

yeah ok...

Crawford is very impressive but I would still pick Pacquiao over him.

Crawford is just starting to make his mark at 140 pounds. The guy just moved up from 135, what, 2 fights ago?

Beating Gamboa was decent and Jean is not terrible but lets be real, Crawford isn't ready for Pac. Pac has timing that a guy like Jean doesn't have. Knows how to set up a shot better, better counter punching ability.... etc.

Also, the idea of Crawford as a PPV star is not ideal, especially when you ask the question, "who next for Pac?" Are we going to have to pay 60 bucks to watch him fight Mathysse?

HBO selling us crap again. Desperate for our PPV money.

I'm not in favour of matchup between Crawford and Pac, a move up to 147 is way too soon.

Boxing hasn't been putting on good PPV's in years. The last really solid PPV was Floyd v Canelo with Garcia v Matthysse on the undercard. Other than that they've had one good fight and a bunch of bullshit filling the rest of the card (at best, sometimes it's all shit).

I meant who's next for Crawford in that last post,not Pac BTW.

If we get the non roided Pacquaio that fought Floyd then Bud picks him apart, possibly stopping him midway

And shame on Kellerman for making Bud look classless and bitter at the interview

As far as the fight itself I would say it's a toss up. Craw is very impressive but when he gets someone in trouble he leaves himself wide open. Plus his activity level in any given fight seems to drop pretty frequently for some reason. Pac is no where near his prime and this is a good time to walk away but the size advantage he would have in this fight might make a big difference.

You've articulated what I feel is Crawfords holes at this point as well. I like him on the offensive, but he goes in he leaves pretty big openings.

I see Crawford having a good chance against Pac at this point though. He has so many ways to change things up, his biggest strenght is his ambidexterity and ability to adapt. I think he takes it.

Crawford is just starting to make his mark at 140 pounds. The guy just moved up from 135, what, 2 fights ago?

Beating Gamboa was decent and Jean is not terrible but lets be real, Crawford isn't ready for Pac. Pac has timing that a guy like Jean doesn't have. Knows how to set up a shot better, better counter punching ability.... etc.

Also, the idea of Crawford as a PPV star is not ideal, especially when you ask the question, "who next for Pac?" Are we going to have to pay 60 bucks to watch him fight Mathysse?

HBO selling us crap again. Desperate for our PPV money.

What does the weight matter? Even at welterweight Crawford would be a decent bit bigger than Pacquiao, plus Arum said if the fight happens it would probably be at 140 so a title would be on the line.

If you really think this is crap than you probably have an ax to grind. Awesome matchup.

Why cant the fight be at 140lbs? Pacquiao weighed in at 145lbs for the Mayweather fight and that was apparently after having a big meal. Pacquiao is already pretty small for 147 so why not have them fight at 140lbs? I feel both will be much faster and sharper at 140lbs.

For me Pacquiao vs Crawford is a great match up. On one side you have Pacquiao that wants to leave the sport of boxing with a lasting impression and retire on top with a solid win. And on the other side you have Crawford that's working his way to the top and wants what winning a fight against Pacquiao would bring to his career.

There is one thing that's for sure. Both will be fighting their asses off!

Back