Cowboy Making Bank @ 246

Lol at make it exciting. So that implies if you take it to the ground you get nothing? And I’m the 16 year old?

again cowboy stands to gain a lot more by winning than by losing. It’s fucking ridiculous to think otherwise. It’s literally laughable.
Aside from the fact that I gave you proof that this is a regular practice, answer the questions, what exactly do you think makes a fight "exciting" to a casual fan? What do you think a locker room bonus incentivizes when there are already Fight of the Night, Knock out of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Performance of the Night bonuses?

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that I gave you proof that this is a regular practice, answer the questions, what exactly do you think makes a fight "exciting" to a casual fan? What do you think a locker room bonus incentivizes when there are already Fight of the Night, Knock out of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Performance of the Night bonuses?
Lol at regular practice to promise a bonus but only if you don’t take it to the ground.

again you didn’t actually address anything I said.

you realize you can have an exciting fight even if you take it to the ground and sub. Do you think Nate regrets subbing Conor?

It’s fuckin nonsense.

Address what I say or stop responding with irrelevant or nonsensical things.

Honestly with all Cowboy has done and what type of fighter he is, he should make that every fight after Conor too. He deserves it. Still getting KO'ed in the 1st though.

Lol at regular practice to promise a bonus but only if you don’t take it to the ground.

again you didn’t actually address anything I said.

you realize you can have an exciting fight even if you take it to the ground and sub. Do you think Nate regrets subbing Conor?

It’s fuckin nonsense.

Address what I say or stop responding with irrelevant or nonsensical things.
I thought that's what I was doing, but sure. What's your specific point that I haven't addressed? I'll address anything you want me to.
You're attacking a straw-man here. I never said submissions aren't exciting. I asked you, what do you think constitutes exciting to a casual viewer?
Mind answering my questions now?
What exactly do you think makes a fight "exciting" to a casual fan?
What do you think a locker room bonus incentivizes when there are already Fight of the Night, Knock out of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Performance of the Night bonuses?

Your attempts at saving face here are pathetic.

Lol at make it exciting. So that implies if you take it to the ground you get nothing? And I’m the 16 year old?

again cowboy stands to gain a lot more by winning than by losing. It’s fucking ridiculous to think otherwise. It’s literally laughable.
Here's an even better question, if Cowboy stands to gain more by winning than losing, why is he planning on NOT taking Conor to the ground and going for a submission? If he stands more to gain by winning than losing, why is he doing the exact opposite thing that would ensure that outcome?
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/donald-cerrone-plans-to-stand-up-with-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-246/

I thought that's what I was doing, but sure. What's your specific point that I haven't addressed? I'll address anything you want me to.
You're attacking a straw-man here. I never said submissions aren't exciting. I asked you, what do you think constitutes exciting to a casual viewer?
Mind answering my questions now?
What exactly do you think makes a fight "exciting" to a casual fan?
What do you think a locker room bonus incentivizes when there are already Fight of the Night, Knock out of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Performance of the Night bonuses?

Your attempts at saving face here are pathetic.
Lol

what do you think has been “promised” to cowboy here? Do you even know wtf you are arguing?

And are you slow? There have been extra bonuses forever. What do you think is new here for cowboy and do you think they’ve always been illegal?

That's not even close to "rest of your life money". Would only be enough to buy you a nice house where I live, and then you'd be left with $0
You live in a shitty place

Here's an even better question, if Cowboy stands to gain more by winning than losing, why is he planning on NOT taking Conor to the ground and going for a submission? If he stands more to gain by winning than losing, why is he doing the exact opposite thing that would ensure that outcome?
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/donald-cerrone-plans-to-stand-up-with-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-246/

that’s fuckin hilarious.

yes. That proves he won’t take it to the ground.

did Nate benefit from subbing Conor?

There is no reason for Cerrone to be this big of an underdog against Conor. most of Conor's wins are from a long time ago, in that time Cerrone has stayed active and fought almost more times than what Conor has done in his entire UFC career. He has fought the best and beaten the rest. I would consider betting on him, unfortunately, I am not 100% sure he isn't taking a dive. He feels like a company man that wants to be on good terms with Dana, that is probably a big reason as to why he has gotten so many bonuses as well.

Really? Last interview I saw he wanted 10-15 more fights

Bro, when Tony beats you down like that, you never wanna get out of bed again, let alone fight in the UFC any time soon.

I'm not listening to what he says, I see it in his friggin eyes!!

Good for Cowboy. He knows how to have fun in life.

Lol

what do you think has been “promised” to cowboy here? Do you even know wtf you are arguing?

And are you slow? There have been extra bonuses forever. What do you think is new here for cowboy and do you think they’ve always been illegal?
$$$ is what's being promised! With every post, you're cementing more and more that you're the slow one
Why is it so hard for you to answer these simple questions?
1. What do you think the vast majority of casual viewers consider "exciting"
2. What do you think a locker room bonus incentivizes when there are already Fight of the Night, Knock out of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Performance of the Night bonuses?
3. If Cowboy stands to gain more by winning than losing, why is he planning on doing the one thing that hurts his chances of winning? What more proof do you want, it's a direct quote from the man himself "I’m going to go out there and stand up with him because that’s what everyone wants to see..I’d rather go down in history as having the greatest fight ever and losing than fighting to just win and winning” - Donald Cerrone (source: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/donald-cerrone-plans-to-stand-up-with-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-246/). Doesn't mean he's not going for the win, but it sure as hell sounds like there are incentives to keep it standing.

I don't think the bonuses are illegal, that's why your whole "BuT iT wOuLd BrInG tHe CoMpAnY dOwN" argument was such a stupid thing to say. Even by your standards.

Nate fought a Conor that was on top of the world, hadn't lost a fight in the UFC, and just knocked out the feather weight kingpin in 13 seconds. Cowboy is fighting a Conor that's been on a decline, lost his belt, has been in trouble with the law, and has been losing favour with many fans. Two completely different scenarios. I'm also not saying Cowboy is taking a dive, of course he'd love to get the win. That doesn't mean there isn't a big $$ incentive to keep it standing.

Last edited:
$$$ is what's being promised! With every post, you're cementing more and more that you're the slow one
Why is it so hard for you to answer these simple questions?
1. What do you think the vast majority of casual viewers consider "exciting"
2. What do you think a locker room bonus incentivizes when there are already Fight of the Night, Knock out of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Performance of the Night bonuses?
3. If Cowboy stands to gain more by winning than losing, why is he planning on doing the one thing that hurts his chances of winning? What more proof do you want, it's a direct quote from the man himself "I’m going to go out there and stand up with him because that’s what everyone wants to see..I’d rather go down in history as having the greatest fight ever and losing than fighting to just win and winning” - Donald Cerrone (source: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/donald-cerrone-plans-to-stand-up-with-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-246/). Doesn't mean he's not going for the win, but it sure as hell sounds like there are incentives to keep in standing.

I don't think the bonuses are illegal, that's why your whole "BuT iT wOuLd BrInG tHe CoMpAnY dOwN" argument was such a stupid thing to say. Even by your standards.

Nate fought a Conor that was on top of the world, hadn't lost a fight in the UFC, and just knocked out the feather weight kingpin in 13 seconds. Cowboy is fighting a Conor that's been on a decline, lost his belt, has been in trouble with the law, and has been losing favour with many fans. Two completely different scenarios. I'm also not saying Cowboy is taking a dive, of course he'd love to get the win. That doesn't mean there isn't a big $$ incentive to keep in standing.
So you actually believe more money is being promised to cowboy for not taking the fight to the ground at any point of the fight then he’ll stand to make by beating conor?

And you’re aware cowboy isn’t exactly on a winning streak right?

So you actually believe more money is being promised to cowboy for not taking the fight to the ground at any point of the fight then he’ll stand to make by beating conor?

And you’re aware cowboy isn’t exactly on a winning streak right?
#1 In his eyes he probably thinks he can do both. Win and do it without taking it to the ground
#2 Who even knows the details of his contract, some fighters don't get a win bonus, some get paid just to show. If this source is true, it sounds like Cowboy's already getting a disclosed $2 mill no matter what.
#3 Even if his contract is a show + win bonus, why is it so hard to believe that a locker room bonus would match, or be bigger than the win bonus.....

#1 In his eyes he probably thinks he can do both. Win and do it without taking it to the ground
#2 Who even knows the details of his contract, some fighters don't get a win bonus, some get paid just to show. If this source is true, it sounds like Cowboy's already getting a disclosed $2 mill no matter what.
#3 Even if his contract is a show + win bonus, why is it so hard to believe that a locker room bonus would match, or be bigger than the win bonus.....
Because a guaranteed locker room bonus being bigger than his win bonus PLUS his newly inflated market value from beating Conor is a ridiculous premise.

Because a guaranteed locker room bonus being bigger than his win bonus PLUS his newly inflated market value from beating Conor is a ridiculous premise.
The "locker room bonus" being greater than a win bonus is the entire point. That's the entire incentive. No one's saying that the two are mutually exclusive either. Not like you can't get both. I'm not saying he's getting paid to take a dive.
There is no "plus new inflated market value" here. Cerrone is already a fan favourite, he's not going to be a title contender at this point of his career, and casual viewers won't tune in in droves to watch every subsequent Cerrone fight the way they will with McGregor. Not to mention, he's likely approaching the end of his career.

Last edited:
Back