Could you work for a cigarette company?

Yes. No one's forcing you to smoke, so I see nothing immoral about it. I'd also sell sports cars, ATVs, knives, or rat poison if it paid well.

I just read that the Truth campaign is funded by a previous settlement agreement between the major tobacco companies and US states, so technically the campaigns are indeed funded by big tobacco. I also read that the identities of the people running Truth are kept secret to the public... How awesome would it be if when crafting the terms of the settlement, big tobacco came up with the idea to send some undercover operatives to found the advocacy group receiving this settlement payout and operate it as a vehicle for subliminal product advertising lmao

The more I think about it, this would explain why these Truth ads are so revoltingly infuriating. They have to know that every time they run a commercial they seriously piss off large majority of the viewing audience. But it all makes sense if the tobacco companies are actually running Truth lol They're deliberately rustling America's jimmies in order to create a meme of the anti-smoking movement as a fringe offshoot of the Asperger movement, all while simultaneously painting big tobacco in a somewhat sympathetic light for having to deal with these dipshits trying to bring down US companies at a time when the US economy is really hurting.

Not positive about what truth is or when they started to do their commercials. Might be the same crap smear that I'm talking about but this theory was told to me well before the real estate crisis and recession. Many many years before.

TS did you just watch
Thank_you_for_smoking_Poster.jpg

i'd do it, for sure
downpayment upfront
lifestyle, baby

Its a film about a tobacco lobbyist

meh, those millions could buy me some toys and hookers which would take the guilt away.

Whats this about? Could you give me cliffs, if its cool with you my sherbro?

only film
i wouldn't punch
Katie Holmes
in the face
for
her crappy performance

awesome film
is awesome
absolutely awesome
watch it
it's not bad
imo

I'd blow second hand smoke into the faces of infants full time for that kind of money.

Pretty much.

There's immoral shit I wouldn't do, like work for Coca-Cola stealing water from countries too poor to fight off their mercenaries, but cigarettes? Those are basically stupid people death magnets.

You could write "this is going to take 10 minutes off your life" on every cigarette ever made and people would still chain smoke them. Trouble is, most people don't bother seriously quitting until they're 30+, can't function without them and their lungs are blacker than a witch's heart.

so 1 mil a year after taxes? Hell yeah. Its not my fault whether or not people choose to smoke.

Yep. For 10 mil, no problem. People who wanna smoke are going to anyways, it's not like it's a secret that smoking is bad.

My answer of hell no, is less an ethical one -but rather I'm at an age where I won't do things I don't want to do. I know I'm older than most on here, so it's probably hard to conceive for many -but at some point in one's life you might figure out what makes you happy and figure out how much money you actually need, and finally you might consider what is best for yourself, others and society.

at that point getting paid a ton of money to do something you'd rather not becomes a different process.

until then.....go chase it anyway you can -certainly can't blame you.

Flame away!

I'd do it for a mil. after taxes/yr. No problem.

I would also encourage Big Cig to work all of the angles. Sell cigs, e-cigs, nicotine gum, patches, etc.. Make sure to optimize profits. Gives me more of a chance to get a bonus and a promotion.

I'd do it for a mil. after taxes/yr. No problem.

I would also encourage Big Cig to work all of the angles. Sell cigs, e-cigs, nicotine gum, patches, etc.. Make sure to optimize profits. Gives me more of a chance to get a bonus and a promotion.

You sound like a good employee. Wood hire.

I'd do a lot worse for less.

My answer of hell no, is less an ethical one -but rather I'm at an age where I won't do things I don't want to do. I know I'm older than most on here, so it's probably hard to conceive for many -but at some point in one's life you might figure out what makes you happy and figure out how much money you actually need, and finally you might consider what is best for yourself, others and society.

at that point getting paid a ton of money to do something you'd rather not becomes a different process.

until then.....go chase it anyway you can -certainly can't blame you.

Flame away!

Are you single with no kids by any chance? I would have a very similar mindset if that was my situation.

Happiness comes in many ways and being in a shitty vocation that pays well and can provide a great lifestyle for myself, family and children outweighs the suck of the daily grind to be honest. You make sacrifices in life when it comes to your family and kids.

my employment pain for my family's gain so to speak. I do it not because it makes me happy at that point but provides me with a means to live a good life and enjoy my non working time with my family.

Happiness is very important but where that happiness is derived from is even more important imo. Happiness from my family is 100X more fulfilling than happiness in a chosen vocation.

Back