Could you work for a cigarette company?

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Lets say you are offered a 10 year contract worth 10 million before taxes. Your job would be a marketing representative in order to capture new smokers, especially teenagers. You cannot break the contract under threat of a lawsuit

Your repsonsibilities would include:

•tracking the behaviors and preferences of youth under 21.

•place advertisements in magazines popular with youth.

• send direct mail pieces to youth

•advertise and promote candy flavored cigarettes

•Pay to have popular movie characters among kids, smoke your product on screen.

This would be aggressive marketing, and you would be judged on new and effective ways to attract young smokers, as well as the volume of your efforts. Could you do it? Would you take the job?

Last edited:
I'd blow second hand smoke into the faces of infants full time for that kind of money.

so 1 mil a year after taxes? Hell yeah. Its not my fault whether or not people choose to smoke.

so 1 mil a year after taxes? Hell yeah. Its not my fault whether or not people choose to smoke.

Again, you would be aggressivly converting teenagers into smokers via your marketing efforts.

I sold way worse things than cigarettes for a way less money so prolly I would

yarp. It's ultimately the individuals choice to smoke or not. I would be marketing towards them, but not actually forcing anything on them. I'm coo with that.

I'd do that for a fraction of that.

Of course I would. If they want to be dumb enough to smoke then that's not on me.

I'd separate pepper from fly shit with boxing gloves on for a million bucks a year.

I'd do that for free. Smoking was the best thing to ever happen to me, until I discovered drinking.

Considered opening a smoke shop in my town a few years back. Guaranteed money.

A small smoke shop opened in a well-trafficked area nearby, a community of about 100,000. My friend who works for the bank said they got investigated because they made such large cash deposits on a regular basis they were tripping red flags with the IRS and DEA and such -- suspected of money laundering, or maybe drug dealing.

They were under surveillance for months. Turns out they just made that much damn money. Legit.

Yes easily. The weak minded people will get peer pressured anyway and you have to be an idiot to not know the dangers of cigs. So yes I would take that job.

hell i think most of us would do it for an average salary plus bennies, i know i would, way before taking a similar job promoting alcohol at least.

Considered opening a smoke shop in my town a few years back. Guaranteed money.

A small smoke shop opened in a well-trafficked area nearby, a community of about 100,000. My friend who works for the bank said they got investigated because they made such large cash deposits on a regular basis they were tripping red flags with the IRS and DEA and such -- suspected of money laundering, or maybe drug dealing.

They were under surveillance for months. Turns out they just made that much damn money. Legit.

that was before the vape revolution even. Now these places are gold mines if you have the right business acumen

Yes. Yes I would. And I'd use company money to pay popular popstars to smoke in videos too

To be honest I more than likely would not.

No problem! I'll do it gladly!

Not my fault if others chose to do stupid thing with their life. Hell most people probably have more to worry about when it come to their weight than whether they're smoking or not.

Back