Could you beat a 13-15 y/o Tyson?

for all the homies shooting on Iron Mike, you best finish the shot super clean on his giant drumsticks, else prep yo spines for some HELLBOWS

anything goes IN DA STREETZ

People always think that 'wrestling' is like magic on this site.

Back in the Ronda/Mayweather debate days I would get into arguments with someone saying 'he has not trained wrestling ergo he cannot defend it and would lose because once she got the TD he would be defenseless' as if all that is required to get a TD is training wrestling and wanting a TD. There simply is no recognition by many that 'athleticism', 'balance', 'coordination', 'reaction time', 'reflex' 'counter fighting' all matter in trying to score a TD and someone like Floyd (or Tyson) is a Master in all those areas while Ronda and most sherdoggers would not even rate in those areas.

Top elite boxers are master of range control. Reading and reacting to people trying to close distance and using lateral movement and counter striking to punish those who try. If the one trying to grapple them is not elite in those areas that allow them to close range that I mention above, there is great chance they get punched in the face as they try to close.

Mike Tyson was the perfect anti wrestler:
He was builtd like a tank + low center of gravity and his reaction time was really really good. He also had amazing foot speed, balance and dexterit.
6093675bdf7850975d5224483d043f12.jpg

I am 6'2 and I have a 79 inch reach. I would give that mofo Tyson the Jon Jones treatment, eye pokes and all.

People always think that 'wrestling' is like magic on this site.

Back in the Ronda/Mayweather debate days I would get into arguments with someone saying 'he has not trained wrestling ergo he cannot defend it and would lose because once she got the TD he would be defenseless' as if all that is required to get a TD is training wrestling and wanting a TD. There simply is no recognition by many that 'athleticism', 'balance', 'coordination', 'reaction time', 'reflex' 'counter fighting' all matter in trying to score a TD and someone like Floyd (or Tyson) is a Master in all those areas while Ronda and most sherdoggers would not even rate in those areas.

Top elite boxers are master of range control. Reading and reacting to people trying to close distance and using lateral movement and counter striking to punish those who try. If the one trying to grapple them is not elite in those areas that allow them to close range that I mention above, there is great chance they get punched in the face as they try to close.
Plus Who is to say Tyson wouldn't have any ground game training going into a fight where it could come into play? I would imagine some of his streetfight were eventually taken to the ground perhaps.

So yea, if you could grab him, maybe get him in a rnc or an armbar you're good, but good luck with that!

and that is the problem with this debate. I've argued it over and over against the "Ronda could beat Mayweather' guys who think grapping is magic. They state 'Mayweather has no chance once she puts him on his back" and assume just because Ronda wants a TD they will occur. They ignore that the weakest parts of Ronda's game is her movement. She walks in straight lines and has no head movement and often relied on her toughness to eat a punch or two to gain clinch and take over the fight. The weakest part of her game are the most elite of Floyds. All aspects of movement, counter fighting, controlling distance, etc.

Its the same for this with Tyson. Guys who were decent at high school wrestling imagine landing a double leg and then Tyson being a turtle on his back. They forget that he is leagues faster than them in reflex and distance control and so much more explosive and powerful. Athleticism matters in a fight more than training when there is a huge gap in athleticism. A top NFl lineman with no proper fight training but lots of street fights will fuck up Steve Urkel no matter how much wrestling or BJJ training you give him.

In the ring maybe in the streets my domain.... I'd fuck him up
lol.

maxresdefault_grande.jpg

he'd kill the average sherdogger in boxing but the average sherdogger in decent shape would take him down get mount and pound him into a pulp or choke him out when he gives up his back.

This was Mike at 16 sparring a seasoned pro (18-1) who had fought at MSG.. the pro asks the camera man to stop filming after the 1st round.

I’m a brown belt in bjj. 46. Have shtty takedowns . In bjj, gi or no gi I’d smash a 15 year old Mike. In a fight ?! He’d prob break my face off If I couldn’t get him down . Too fast and strong for my 175 lb ass.

Mike Tyson was the perfect anti wrestler:
He was builtd like a tank + low center of gravity and his reaction time was really really good. He also had amazing foot speed, balance and dexterit.
6093675bdf7850975d5224483d043f12.jpg

And Lennox Lewis being a tall man who relied on jabbing and smothering Tyson in the clinch any time he got inside was a great counter to Tyson's style.

In a boxing match? Absolutely not. In a free rules fight (like MMA), it's possible. But god damn, the kid was a fucking force. I'd rather just be his friend, and cheer for him to knock other fuckers out, than have to fight him, lol.

I'm six eight and have close to a seven foot wingspan.

I'd try to keep him at bay with teh jab and front kicks while trying to work out the best way to end the fight.

Money? Power? Women? Boys?

I got it: I'd bribe him with an albino spleen.

Grind that shit up and mix it in with ovaltine and milk.

By morning that ridiculous lisp will be abolished.

We both win.

and that is the problem with this debate. I've argued it over and over against the "Ronda could beat Mayweather' guys who think grapping is magic.

People like this are impossible to argue with.

When Ronda tried to grab Holly, she walked in like Frankenstein with her arms out. Holly simply pushed RR off of her, no special techniques or anything, just a simple gtfo me. I'm almost certain Floyd has more physical strength than Holly... most adult males probably do.

I think they also forget how strong Mike was. Technique is an equalizer some every day McDojo grappler or former h.s. wrestler won't have an easy time taking down a top level athlete... hell, you'll even have difficulty against a strong, untrained man.

If anyone wants an example watch Bully Beatdown. Trained fighters (although amateurs) still struggled against untrained Joe's. They eventually prevailed, but it wasn't automatic.

People like this are impossible to argue with.

When Ronda tried to grab Holly, she walked in like Frankenstein with her arms out. Holly simply pushed RR off of her, no special techniques or anything, just a simple gtfo me. I'm almost certain Floyd has more physical strength than Holly... most adult males probably do.

I think they also forget how strong Mike was. Technique is an equalizer some every day McDojo grappler or former h.s. wrestler won't have an easy time taking down a top level athlete... hell, you'll even have difficulty against a strong, untrained man.

If anyone wants an example watch Bully Beatdown. Trained fighters (although amateurs) still struggled against untrained Joe's. They eventually prevailed, but it wasn't automatic.

give him 2 weeks of 3 mma guys and one cup ... new hw champ

A level reporter
a-TDIZ.gif

Close the distance with some forward rolls on the ground and diving for a heel hook equals most assured success for me. Spastic freakazoid ankle attack, no can defend.
15 yo me would have dropped his ass with a sidekick.

I didn't know Tyson when he was 15 but I knew him from the time he was 16 back in 1982 when we both fought in the Empire State Games & I guarantee you that to a man, even those of you who are giving him his props, you're all underestimating him. He was a force of nature even as a kid. A wrecking machine that experienced, battle-hardened pros couldn't hang with in the gym. World-class pros. IMG_20170926_135559.jpg

Back