Could you beat a 13-15 y/o Tyson?

Wait, a 15 year old super athletic boy who is a complete noob in grappling will beat a brown belt in bjj and black belt judoka with a great double?

Have you ever trained Sir? This is appaling.
Absolutely.
Soon as he punched your arm, you'd would call for a timeout, due to being disorientated.
Which in that time he would grab one of those belts you mentioned and begin to strangle you with it.

Nah, doesn't take anything special to hit a single against a stance like that. The real struggle is holding an angry Mike Tyson down long enough to do anything.
I like your confidence! How would you handle the ear biting once you got him on the ground?

Gosh... He will deliver rapid fire grenades?

Does he also spit fire?
Throw lightning bolts from the sky?

Apologies if my descriptive writing style is a bit too much for you to handle.
However, my point remains, you're dreaming if you think that anyone with a few years of wrestling & grappling training is an automatic victor over a striker of Tyson's caliber. Especially when so many of you are claiming that you'd be able to handle someone like that yourselves.
There's nothing wrong with having belief in one's self but then there's being delusional.

Wait, a 15 year old super athletic boy who is a complete noob in grappling will beat a brown belt in bjj and black belt judoka with a great double?

Have you ever trained Sir? This is appaling.

I have full respect for your accomplishments as a grappler, sir but I think you're vastly underestimating how damaging a single shot from Tyson could be. I've held pads for him & a single right uppercut from him nearly tore my arm out of it's socket. Something that I'd never experienced in all my years in & around combat sports before or since.
I guarantee if you catch one on your chin & you're not a world class heavyweight fighter then you're going to be KTFO. That's just the truth.

And, yes, sir, I have a lifetime of training behind me beginning with Isshin-Ryu/Wado-Ryu Karate from 12-15. Judo at 15 -16 & Tae Kwon Do 16-17.
After which I began boxing as an amateur at 17. I turned pro at 21 & began cross-training in kickboxing earning my black belt after fighting the ISKA Canadian champion, Jersey Long. After retiring from fighting I began training in Kajukenbo/Hawaiian Kempo & earned my black belt in it as well as an instructors certificate in the Israeli combative system, Haganah which is a hybridized version of Krav Maga.
So, I'm fairly well versed in TMA, combat sports & combatives.

13 year old Tyson, no. But I bet I could whoop 11 year old Tyson.

Not that it's anything worth bragging about

I have full respect for your accomplishments as a grappler, sir but I think you're vastly underestimating how damaging a single shot from Tyson could be. I've held pads for him & a single right uppercut from him nearly tore my arm out of it's socket. Something that I'd never experienced in all my years in & around combat sports before or since.
I guarantee if you catch one on your chin & you're not a world class heavyweight fighter then you're going to be KTFO. That's just the truth.

And, yes, sir, I have a lifetime of training behind me beginning with Isshin-Ryu/Wado-Ryu Karate from 12-15. Judo at 15 -16 & Tae Kwon Do 16-17.
After which I began boxing as an amateur at 17. I turned pro at 21 & began cross-training in kickboxing earning my black belt after fighting the ISKA Canadian champion, Jersey Long. After retiring from fighting I began training in Kajukenbo/Hawaiian Kempo & earned my black belt in it as well as an instructors certificate in the Israeli combative system, Haganah which is a hybridized version of Krav Maga.
So, I'm fairly well versed in TMA, combat sports & combatives.

I held pads for Gary Goodridge once. Seemed like a good idea going in...

If I could get a hold of him before getting knocked the fuck out - then maybe choke him out.

most likely get ko'd like all the other guys on the street he ko'd

190lbs at 12? I wouldnt think Lesnar was that heavy at fucking 12.
Ive never been over 188lbs.
At my best Im pretty sure I could outrun him. Also at chess.

Still pretty sure I could take 10 y/o Tyson.
Or 9.

Vs 15 year old Tyson

Boxing = Not a chance
Street fight = Maybe
MMA = I think I could beat him if I played it safe and wrestlefucked him.

everyone i have ever fought has been put down. dont fear me fear the whatever the guy said

and that is the problem with this debate. I've argued it over and over against the "Ronda could beat Mayweather' guys who think grapping is magic. They state 'Mayweather has no chance once she puts him on his back" and assume just because Ronda wants a TD they will occur. They ignore that the weakest parts of Ronda's game is her movement. She walks in straight lines and has no head movement and often relied on her toughness to eat a punch or two to gain clinch and take over the fight. The weakest part of her game are the most elite of Floyds. All aspects of movement, counter fighting, controlling distance, etc.

Its the same for this with Tyson. Guys who were decent at high school wrestling imagine landing a double leg and then Tyson being a turtle on his back. They forget that he is leagues faster than them in reflex and distance control and so much more explosive and powerful. Athleticism matters in a fight more than training when there is a huge gap in athleticism. A top NFl lineman with no proper fight training but lots of street fights will fuck up Steve Urkel no matter how much wrestling or BJJ training you give him.

lol.

maxresdefault_grande.jpg

I've trained in many TMA's and Wrestling/BJJ for going on 20 years and I can say with comfort and from actual combat sports in ring and cage experience that son......you clearly dont know what you're talking about.

Son..I promise you that nerdy Ryan Hall Or Aoki or one of the Miyo brothers all comic book nerd looking mofos would destroy the ankles or choke any NFL Player Unconscious.

Do yourself a Favor son. Go Watch this Skinny 169lb guy Named Royce Gracie Fight Dudes Twice His Size in the Early UFC's then talk to me.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure me fighting tyson would become a good gif..

i'm nowhere near the level of some of the guys here but i've trained enough to make untrained people look silly.. i'm absolutely sure he could kill me with a couple of body shots..

I don't think people understand what kind of force of nature he was..

He'd wipe his ass with your grappling and fold you like a lawn chair.. possibly if we have some true hw (not "i'm 250 5'9 30%bf and therefore a hw") wrestlers here with a serious bjj game.. even that would take luck..

I've trained in many TMA's and Wrestling/BJJ for going on 20 years and I can say with comfort and from actual combat sports in ring and cage experience that son......you clearly dont know what you're talking about.

Son..I promise you that nerdy Ryan Hall Or Aoki or one of the Miyo brothers all comic book nerd looking mofos would destroy the ankles or choke any NFL Player Unconscious.

Do yourself a Favor son. Go Watch this Skinny 169lb guy Named Royce Gracie Fight Dudes Twice His Size in the Early UFC's then talk to me.
Didn't Greg Hardy with no experience leave the NFL and is now in the UFC?

Like the guy you quoted said "A top NFl lineman with no proper fight training but lots of street fights will fuck up Steve Urkel no matter how much wrestling or BJJ training you give him"
Id take Hardy over BJJ Urkel

Tyson was tough but raw at this age. Cus was putting him in with pro’s at that age and he was overpowering them with speed and strength. But they were able to keep him in check with jabs and distance. Would i face that kid? He’d eat my children in the ring. Don't have the tools or strength combat his ferociousness.

Didn't Greg Hardy with no experience leave the NFL and is now in the UFC?

Like the guy you quoted said "A top NFl lineman with no proper fight training but lots of street fights will fuck up Steve Urkel no matter how much wrestling or BJJ training you give him"
Id take Hardy over BJJ Urkel

I'd no bullshit take ryan hall or shinya aoki over Greg hardy in an NHB match

Back