Could Siver grind this one out on the ground?

I don't see Siver subbing him personally.

I could see Siver taking Conor down and grinding on him for a round, but I don't think he can keep it up over 5.

Recently watching Conor's fight where he was taken down and submitted in just a minute or so, it absolutely seems fair enough that this could be the best method in beating McGregor.

Question is, you think Siver could do it?

So a guy was taken down and submitted on 2010, therefore that is his weakness in 2015. And the guy that has to do it is someone who makes his pay by grinding out standup fights.

Dont see that working out

The McGOAT hype train will be derailed soon enough,hope its by Siver....
hype.png

I've been a big Siver fan since I saw his fight with Spencer Fischer. Really wished he didn't run into Cerrone at 155. He's a skilled fighter, but he doesn't have the speed and cardio to deal with the best at 145, I think Conor is gonna stop him.

I'm thinking maybe McGregor thought to improve on that aspect of his game at some point in the five years since it happened.

This^^^^^^^^^. Even though I'd like nothing more than to see him brutally annihilated to "Steven Hawking's style".

Recently watching Conor's fight where he was taken down and submitted in just a minute or so, it absolutely seems fair enough that this could be the best method in beating McGregor.

Question is, you think Siver could do it?

The Conor from that fight is not the same Conor now. To see his improvement watch this handy video of quirky mma analyst Robin Black breaking down Conor's evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZlFnddq-U

No way, siver gasses in a 3 round fights no way his going to grind out 5 rounds.

Well ts, with a username like that I bet you're hoping that doesn't happen.

McGoat (as everyone knows McGregor as) is going to beat this guy Siver... Siver is strong but McGoat is insane

Conor is going to ko or tko him quick. Siver will get hit and will go down. Conor hype train will continue and he'll jump past frankie and mendes in line and fight for the title to earn some cold hard cash (>50 million USD) for the corporation.

Jump past MENDES? You mean the guy that literally just lost to the champ? The only fighter that can make a case right now is Frankie. And as much as I like Frankie, I would rather a fresh challenge to the belt before ANOTHER rematch.

I'd say Siver's best shot involves mixing in his takedowns with his excellent striking. I don't get why people are completely writing off his ability to stand with the GOAT. He's an excellent kickboxer and is more than capable of standing and banging with Conor, although with his suspect chin probably not for 5 rounds. He's an extremely well-rounded fighter with fantastic top control and ridiculous upper body strength and while I don't see Conor losing this fight, I think he'll struggle mightily in the first couple rounds with Siver. This is a good fight and I look forward to it.

I still would've rather seen Conor against Guida, personally.

Word. He absolutely crushed Ryan Hall's ribs with a spinning back kick/turning side kick:

[YT]kM2iNXmfKV8[/YT]​

Nah. Siver is huge fw and has legit wrestling/bjj,but look at holloway and brandao fights connor aint bad on the ground himself. Siver also has questionable chin and conor hits hard
Bad fight for siver. His best chanse could be his spinning back kick or lucky punch

I hope Siver tries... I'm curious to see how McGregor's take down defense has matured. It's been quite a while since that Guida fight. I have to believe he'd be pretty hard to keep down. Dude is pretty squirrely. It's gonna be fun to watch either way. I think the "McGoat" will do exactly as he predicted. :)

I honestly think it's his only shot. I know it sounds crazy for a guy who was pretty much known solely for his kickboxing when he debut in the UFC and was able to hurt 155ers standing up, but I think Mcgregor's speed and length will give him problems on the feet. Not to mention Siver seems to have problems with faster opponents.

I hope Siver tries... I'm curious to see how McGregor's take down defense has matured. It's been quite a while since that Guida fight. I have to believe he'd be pretty hard to keep down. Dude is pretty squirrely. It's gonna be fun to watch either way. I think the "McGoat" will do exactly as he predicted. :)

Huh?

That's his bets bet imo, he is not quick enough to strike with Conor so he might as well try and shoot in. If he does get Conor to the ground I think he has the strength to keep him there.

Conor would out-grapple Siver with relative ease.

Back