Could Siver grind this one out on the ground?

...Conor Mcgregor has been taken down and submitted lightening fast twice.

Terrible analogy, please move on.

November 27, 2010.

June 28, 2008.

Thinking a fighter's losses from over four years, and six years ago have much relevance since they've gotten a sub, and shown perfect TDD since is a horrid point.

I suppose Jose Aldo, Anderson Silva, and Matt Hughes were all terrible.

O_27Keefe.gif

Hill_1.gif

November 27, 2010.

June 28, 2008.

Thinking a fighter's losses from over four years, and six years ago have much relevance since they've gotten a sub, and shown perfect TDD since is a horrid point.

I suppose Jose Aldo, Anderson Silva, and Matt Hughes were all terrible.

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying, lol.

You keep on comparing him to Jon Jones, saying "we haven't seen his guard etc, just like we haven't seen McGregor on the bottom etc"

I'm saying, we have seen McGregor on the bottom. It didn't go well. It's not a reasonable analogy. Tons of fighters never improve at BJJ in the octagon, no matter how long they train, no matter what belt they get, especially from their backs. A better analogy would be Anderson or Jose or Matt, but even then it's a ridiculous concept since all of the above are former/current world champions who have faced extremely stacked competition that has had great takedowns and top control and done well against them.

All except McGregor.

I don't honestly see Siver subbing Conor because I don't think his submissions from the top are good enough at this point unless Conor gives up his back and gets sloppy. What I am interested in seeing is how well Conor can defend the takedowns of a larger, stronger man who, despite not having an impressive grappling resume, does in fact have awesome takedowns. I'm also interested to see if Siver's able to get Conor concerned about the takedown and catch him with one of his monster left hooks or a spinning back kick and if he does how McGregor responds. The GOAT's been cracked before in the Octagon by people with decent power (not massive shots but solid ones) and they didn't appear to do anything to him. If he's able to eat Siver's best shots I'll consider his chin beyond suspicion and have another question about him answered.

This fight is not a gimme for Conor and I imagine one way or another it will give us a better idea of just how good he really is and how well-rounded he may or may not be. If he's as good as I think he is, he should stop Dennis in the 3rd.

Well, I'm even more of a believer now than I was before. That was some impressive shit. He may not deserve the title shot more than Frankie Edgar (in fact, he absolutely doesn't) but it'll be nice to see Aldo in there with a fresh face who MAY get the best of him standing.

Don't get me wrong, I think Aldo will win, but this is a very interesting fight. If Conor pulls this one off, SD will fucking crash hard.

Well, I'm even more of a believer now than I was before. That was some impressive shit. He may not deserve the title shot more than Frankie Edgar (in fact, he absolutely doesn't) but it'll be nice to see Aldo in there with a fresh face who MAY get the best of him standing.

Don't get me wrong, I think Aldo will win, but this is a very interesting fight. If Conor pulls this one off, SD will fucking crash hard.

Conors run>bj penn and cub swanson

Back