Could Rousimar Palhares be the best MMA fighter blackballed?

100%

He's now deadweight. He's in major limbo. And he's also one of THE best WW fighters on the planet, hands down. Nobody fucks up Fitch and Shields like that, without being an elite fighter. Dirty shit aside, he's fucking AWESOME. A real test for any elite WW.

He "fucked up" Shields by using his patented eye gouge escape from mount.

could be.

you look at what he did to both shields and fitch, i mean no one does that to those guys. he's clearly one of the best submission fighters in the business, it really is a shame that he can't get his head straight and compete normally.

No. UFC and WSOF being stupid is Bellator's gain. He can sign with Coker and he'll treat him right.

If not now, when SHOULD they ban the guy for life??? Are they going to wait until he finally ends someone's career by doing permanent ligament damage? Because that day is coming!! The guy is absolutely unstable and does not deserve to be in a sport where the foundation is based on mutual respect.

When Belcher managed to avoid his leg/lock and punched the shit out of him, I specifically remember being ELATED! It just felt good to watch him get KTFO after seeing what he did to Tomasz Drwal.... In fact, I'm a big fan of anyone who punches this Jack-hole in the face until the ref steps in and stops them!

I hope he is. So much talent combined with so much stupid.

He "fucked up" Shields by using his patented eye gouge escape from mount.

Bullshit. We are supposed to believe Sheilds had his eyes repeatedly gouged but not once did he require any time to recover? GTFOOH. Have you ever been poked in the eye before? You dont just say "hey he poked my eye" and immediatly go back to doing what you were doing.

The sub is one thing but the "eye gouging" looked like shields being a whiny bitch.

It's impossible to black ball him. Some promotion in some country will sign him and that's a good thing. Him being banned from fighting again would be bullshit.

??

He holds subs too long that can rip apart knees and ruin careers and does so while people are tapping and the ref is trying to forcibly get him to stop. And now that isn't enough cheating for him, he has added blatant and repeated eye gauging. He not only should be banned again he should be banned permanately. It would be like having a fighter who three times has sucker-punched his opponent after the fight and the last time kicked him in the balls afterwards. How many more times should this guy get away with this shit, especially when it can ruin careers?

Bullshit. We are supposed to believe Sheilds had his eyes repeatedly gouged but not once did he require any time to recover? GTFOOH. Have you ever been poked in the eye before? You dont just say "hey he poked my eye" and immediatly go back to doing what you were doing.

The sub is one thing but the "eye gouging" looked like shields being a whiny bitch.

The owners of the organization he was champ of stripped him of his title, suspended him, and will probably release in part specifically because they saw the repeated eye gouging themselves, on top of holding the sub too long. I'd say the whiny bitch is the one talking trash from his couch and as usual in these situations, is also wrong. And i don't even like Shields. But I actually look up things to educate myself on the details before running off at the mouth about them. You should try it.

could be.

you look at what he did to both shields and fitch, i mean no one does that to those guys. he's clearly one of the best submission fighters in the business, it really is a shame that he can't get his head straight and compete normally.

Damian Maia straight ran over Jon Fitch. BJ Penn summarily dumped him and took his back twice and dominated him until he ran out of gas - and he did that weighing 165lbs. Josh Burkman submitted him in the first round. Read that last sentence twice.

Back to Palhares. He has a great kneebar but guys like Marquardt, Lombard, Belcher and Hendo had absolutely no problem with him.

Shields was dominating him while getting repeatedly raked in his eyes.

Palhares is dangerous but he isn't anywhere near the best. The best guys mop the floor with him.

Damian Maia straight ran over Jon Fitch. BJ Penn summarily dumped him and took his back twice and dominated him until he ran out of gas - and he did that weighing 165lbs. Josh Burkman submitted him in the first round. Read that last sentence twice.

Back to Palhares. He has a great kneebar but guys like Marquardt, Lombard, Belcher and Hendo had absolutely no problem with him.

Palhares is dangerous but he isn't anywhere near the best. The best guys mop the floor with him.

This is all true

We had a whole thread on this the other day and it's only laughable to think Shields was 'dominating' that fight at all.

fitch had been submitted exactly one time in 30 fights before burkman did it - just because burkman managed a submission doesn't make fitch bad with submission defense. that's like saying mark hunt has a glass chin because werdum knocked him out. additionally fitch has a submission win of his own over burkman.

and shields wasn't close to 'dominating' palhares at any point - he was losing the standup the entire time and managed to lay on top of him doing nothing for a few minutes in the 2nd round.

because guys like maia or werdum don't manage to submit every single opponent, does that make their BJJ weak? who cares if guys like marquardt or hendo avoided it, that doesn't invalidate his JJ.

he just submitted jake shields, i don't think you understand what a big deal that is. shields had never been submitted in 40 professional fights and over 15 years of pro competition, and is considered one of the greatest grapplers in mma history.

i can't stand palhares personally and i'm glad he was suspended (again), but to deny that he's an elite JJ fighter at this point is just silly.

Yeah I just mean, Jones is the best fighter to be prevented from fighting for personal shit.

Hopefully, he gets it together and comes back.

Although it's only August, there are still 4 & 1/2 months left in the year; still plenty of time to propel another vehicle into something or someone.

I find it funny the ringleader for Jones haters is a mod

Technically that would be Jon Jones at the moment.

he doesnt have a lifetime ban though... i think hell fight in 2017.. palhares will never fight in the ufc again and i think he should be banned from us competition... im not sure japanese orgs would hire him either since it would be a big increase in medical bills for their fighters

Well I am sure. I don't know any other top shelf fighters that have screwed themselves out of fighting for anyone

The holding submissions a second too long didn't upset me that much. The eye gouging definitely did, he deserves to have his career taken away

Where do you get second?

When the ref is trying to pry you off and you keep cranking that's intentional and it's not the first time.

If not now, when SHOULD they ban the guy for life??? Are they going to wait until he finally ends someone's career by doing permanent ligament damage? Because that day is coming!! The guy is absolutely unstable and does not deserve to be in a sport where the foundation is based on mutual respect.

When Belcher managed to avoid his leg/lock and punched the shit out of him, I specifically remember being ELATED! It just felt good to watch him get KTFO after seeing what he did to Tomasz Drwal.... In fact, I'm a big fan of anyone who punches this Jack-hole in the face until the ref steps in and stops them!

It's a tricky situation. Banning a fighter isn't something to be taken lightly. Even Wand's ban got revoked and he straight up RAN from a drug test. You have to take consideration that he does this for a living. You are basically limiting his income source. However he does this all the fucking time and you have to do something. I'd say fine him and give him a 2 year ban. That's a hard enough hit, it takes years of his prime but he has more then enough time to realize he done fucked up and find a way to deal with his zoning out.

Back