Could Francis Negotiate a Return UFC Fight (w/ Jon Jones)?

UFC won't co-promote at least for the foreseeable future.

Why make 20% ofcwhatche could make boxing next fight. The fight to make is Ngganou vs Wilder

Francis should definitely return to the UFC. He’d have to turn down multiple 8 figure offers but he could win a 50k performance bonus and get to train at the Apex.

QHgRS.gif

I’m starting to think all these Francis threads are trolls. Francis lost the fight, he landed six punches in the last two rounds. He was gassed after four. He literally had his face jabbed in for thirty mins.

Dana would never allow him to return, he would have to shally his Pride a bit and no way would they pay Francis what he would ask for

He's about to make 50 mil fighting AJ. Why would he go back to slave wages.

Ngannou isn't a star. No hate, he just doesn't have the tiktok personality needed to be one these days.

He is now. It’s difficult to understate how monumental Saturday was not just for Ngannou but for both boxing and mma as wholes. He’s a combat sports legend who took on a literal and figurative Goliath in Fury and the UFC respectively. He doesn’t need a TikTok personality with his look and credentials. He’s what’s known in law as “sui generis.”

I’m starting to think all these Francis threads are trolls. Francis lost the fight, he landed six punches in the last two rounds. He was gassed after four. He literally had his face jabbed in for thirty mins.

what does UFC PR pay? I hear it’s not much but I figure I’d ask a clear insider.

Francis should definitely return to the UFC. He’d have to turn down multiple 8 figure offers but he could win a 50k performance bonus and get to train at the Apex.
Don't forget about the hot dog branders and Reebok coupons

I doubt it, but with the TKO merger it remains to be seen exactly how business is going to be done. They could all make huge money from a proper deal with Francis and his team, but it's going to require Dana specifically to bend in ways he typically will not.

I actually highly doubt Francis ever fights in MMA again

Given all of the new Francis hoopla, how he negotiated a position on PFL, how he negotiated a fight with Tyson Fury, the UFC has to acknowledge "the pull" Francis now has. It's undeniable.

In his new position, elevated higher than anyone perceived he would go, I wonder if Francis could negotiate a return UFC match, on a one-contract deal, with UFC Superstar, Jon Jones. (Jones might be too chicken-shit to accept.) However, Jones might accept, given the payday potential.

Might Francis Ngannou exceed Conor McGregor as a negotiator with the UFC, and an ultimate draw? Might he actually be the one to bridge the UFC monopoly, and show that certain fighters can break the chains of the UFC and actually achieve the pinnacle of success?

When you really think about Ngannou vs. McGregor (as public draws) Francis is perceived as the Ultimate fighter, whereas Conor was ultimately nothing but a megalomaniacal manlett, who got KO'd by a smaller, 40-year-old Floyd Mayweather — the same Floyd who hadn't knocked anyone out in over 10 years.

Conor went bust, getting KO'd twice more after that by Poirier. Conor's crossover effort was an embarrassing flop compared to Ngannou's crossover effort – who floored the lineal Heavyweight Champion in Tyson Fury — who had KO'd 5 of his last 6 opponents going into the Ngannou fight.

Ngannou might actually be in a position to be wealthier than Conor, and a greater superstar than Conor. Ngannou is a bigger man, and a much more likable man. Conor is a megalomaniac fugg, whereas Ngannou is a humble soft-spoken giant. Conor is also a failure as a fighter. He failed in his biggest fights. Against Mayweather (he got KO'd), and against Khabib, he tapped out.

Ngannou is a winner. Even though he lost to Fury, he still scored a knockdown, and he was still going after the champion at the end. He also ultimately pulled out the win over Gane and got his revenge over Stipe.

This makes Ngannou not only have more star potential than Conor, but more potential to actually pull it off and win, whereas Conor always came up short — and always quit.
You are saying Magumbo is soft-spoken giant, that's a disadvantage boy Conor became what he is because of his thrash talk. Magumbo has no charisma being a superstar is not just about being other fighters. He is on the top of the everest right now, from there only way is going down

He is now. It’s difficult to understate how monumental Saturday was not just for Ngannou but for both boxing and mma as wholes. He’s a combat sports legend who took on a literal and figurative Goliath in Fury and the UFC respectively. He doesn’t need a TikTok personality with his look and credentials. He’s what’s known in law as “sui generis.”
Hope you're right but I don't believe him doing great against Fury will do much after maybe a rematch and another fight. Fame is all marketing and algo now.

You are saying Magumbo is soft-spoken giant, that's a disadvantage boy Conor became what he is because of his thrash talk. Magumbo has no charisma being a superstar is not just about being other fighters. He is on the top of the everest right now, from there only way is going down

Learn how to spell, punctuate, and create sentences like a man before you ever call me "boy" again.

Your ability to write his first grade.

The big losers are PFL . No chsmce Ngsnnou ever does MMA again at least for a year or 2 more. He got Wilder next then a rematch with Fury. After those fights Frank will have Conor money. Good luck PFL

Unless Wilder put him in a coma. As hard as Frank hits Wilder is a whole other level.

it is 100% gonna happen. dana knows it is a historic fight. it is about legacy w/ dana and jon jones now... francis is just the most interesting ufc match-up in a decade

make that fight at yaz island and pay jones 50mil and francis 40 mil, who says no?

Back