Could Francis Negotiate a Return UFC Fight (w/ Jon Jones)?

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Given all of the new Francis hoopla, how he negotiated a position on PFL, how he negotiated a fight with Tyson Fury, the UFC has to acknowledge "the pull" Francis now has. It's undeniable.

In his new position, elevated higher than anyone perceived he would go, I wonder if Francis could negotiate a return UFC match, on a one-contract deal, with UFC Superstar, Jon Jones. (Jones might be too chicken-shit to accept.) However, Jones might accept, given the payday potential.

Might Francis Ngannou exceed Conor McGregor as a negotiator with the UFC, and an ultimate draw? Might he actually be the one to bridge the UFC monopoly, and show that certain fighters can break the chains of the UFC and actually achieve the pinnacle of success?

When you really think about Ngannou vs. McGregor (as public draws) Francis is perceived as the Ultimate fighter, whereas Conor was ultimately nothing but a megalomaniacal manlett, who got KO'd by a smaller, 40-year-old Floyd Mayweather — the same Floyd who hadn't knocked anyone out in over 10 years.

Conor went bust, getting KO'd twice more after that by Poirier. Conor's crossover effort was an embarrassing flop compared to Ngannou's crossover effort – who floored the lineal Heavyweight Champion in Tyson Fury — who had KO'd 5 of his last 6 opponents going into the Ngannou fight.

Ngannou might actually be in a position to be wealthier than Conor, and a greater superstar than Conor. Ngannou is a bigger man, and a much more likable man. Conor is a megalomaniac fugg, whereas Ngannou is a humble soft-spoken giant. Conor is also a failure as a fighter. He failed in his biggest fights. Against Mayweather (he got KO'd), and against Khabib, he tapped out.

Ngannou is a winner. Even though he lost to Fury, he still scored a knockdown, and he was still going after the champion at the end. He also ultimately pulled out the win over Gane and got his revenge over Stipe.

This makes Ngannou not only have more star potential than Conor, but more potential to actually pull it off and win, whereas Conor always came up short — and always quit.

Last edited:
As much as I like Francis and like to shit on Conor, i don't think Francis will ever be a bigger superstar than Conor. At Conor's peak he was selling over 1 million PPVs each fight. Francis vs Miocic 1 did 350k buys, although Francis will definitely be more popular now after the fight with Fury, but I just don't see him being more famous or selling more fights.

But he is definitely 10x more likeable, humble and honorable though, which is more important

As much as I like Francis and like to shit on Conor, i don't think Francis will ever be a bigger superstar than Conor. At Conor's peak he was selling over 1 million PPVs each fight. Francis vs Miocic 1 did 350k buys, although Francis will definitely be more popular now after the fight with Fury, but I just don't see him being more famous or selling more fights.

But he is definitely 10x more likeable, humble and honorable though, which is more important

He will be bigger than Conor imo.

I'm shocked you didn't take this thread as an opportunity to talk about how great Jon Jones is.

Of course! It’s all about the money

Conflict with champs not new. BJ Penn, Randy couture, GSP, McGregor, etc had major falling out, vacating even, only to return have continue career with UFC

not saying it will happen, but naive to think impossible. This not actually new lol, this is how UFC runs business since forever

For that to happen, UFC would have to be willing to throw enough money at both PFL, and Francis, to make it worth it. In addition, they’d almost certainly have to be ok with him doing boxing on the side. The odds of UFC throwing like $50M to get Francis under contract, and allowing him to box on the side, is (for all intents and purposes) 0%.

TLDR: technically possible, but ain’t gonna happen.

I'm shocked you didn't take this thread as an opportunity to talk about how great Jon Jones is.
I am shocked you did not take this thread as an opportunity to talk about how Francis Ngannou, Jones or Conor are doing okay in the UFC

Anyway, I did talk about how great Jones is as a human being in a different thread today, and I will copy and paste it below

Many people believe that Saint Jones is considered the most perfect human to ever live for several profound reasons. His life and teachings have had an enduring and transformative impact on countless individuals and societies throughout history. Jones is celebrated for his unparalleled moral and spiritual teachings, which emphasize love, forgiveness, and compassion. His selflessness and willingness to sacrifice for the greater good serve as a powerful example of human virtue.

Moreover, his unwavering commitment to a life of service, healing the sick, feeding the hungry, and ministering to the marginalized, underscores his profound compassion and empathy. Christians also believe that Jones is the Son of God, making him a unique and divine figure, exemplifying the perfect union of humanity and divinity. Regardless of one's religious beliefs, there is a widespread recognition that Jones' life and teachings continue to inspire and guide humanity, cementing his status as an enduring symbol of perfection.

It's cool that you give props to Ngannou.

But why do you have to come across as if you liking Ngannou is more of a way to hate on Conor?

Just curious.

Don't be so weak and fan boyish.

Francis Ngannou actually has a calm, likable personality. He does not tap and has never been KO'd.
Conor McGregor, on the other hand, over sells himself — runs his mouth perpetually — and then quits or gets KO'd every time.

As a fight fan, I've come to regard Conor McGregor as a charlatan, a carpetbagger, selling false goods. He doesn't deliver, and his personality is insufferable.

Ngannou didn't show any sign of quitting to Tyson Fury. He dropped him, and was a threat throughout the fight.
Ngannou also is pleasant to listen to, he's an actually likable guy.

The real question is, why on earth would you like anything about Conor McGregor?
His personality is insufferable, and he has a deer's heart when pushed to the limit. He will always quit.
Who can actually be a fight fan of this?

I prefer humble fighters, who dig deep when they need to, and pull out the win — or at least go down swinging (rather than tapping).

Ngannou is that guy.

I am shocked you did not take this thread as an opportunity to talk about how Francis Ngannou, Jones or Conor are doing okay in the UFC

Anyway, I did talk about how great Jones is as a human being in a different thread today, and I will copy and paste it below

Many people believe that Saint Jones is considered the most perfect human to ever live for several profound reasons. His life and teachings have had an enduring and transformative impact on countless individuals and societies throughout history. Jones is celebrated for his unparalleled moral and spiritual teachings, which emphasize love, forgiveness, and compassion. His selflessness and willingness to sacrifice for the greater good serve as a powerful example of human virtue.

Moreover, his unwavering commitment to a life of service, healing the sick, feeding the hungry, and ministering to the marginalized, underscores his profound compassion and empathy. Christians also believe that Jones is the Son of God, making him a unique and divine figure, exemplifying the perfect union of humanity and divinity. Regardless of one's religious beliefs, there is a widespread recognition that Jones' life and teachings continue to inspire and guide humanity, cementing his status as an enduring symbol of perfection.
Jon Jones did ok in ufc

He will be bigger than Conor imo.
Conor holds the record for MMA PPV buy rates and number two for Boxing PPV buy rates. Francis doesn't have a top ten position for either, it's unlikely in the latter stages of his career that he passes either of those metrics. For clarity, I'll also mention that none of the current HWs have a PPV in the top ten for boxing buys either. Would be pretty cool if he did but I think it's extremely unlikely especially given the fact that Conor's charisma had as much to do with his success as his fighting abilities.

UFC can make that fight - by negotiating and cross-promoting with PFL.

Nothing stands in the way of it other than the UFC's refusal to do those things, the template is there to do so and the sums that are to be made for all involved is undeniable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back