Could Darren Till's fight have gone any worse?

Let's not forget the fact that Till is at least 3 years away from his prime.
This is a reasonable comment. Till is still, despite his MMA record, relatively inexperienced in high-level MMA.

It's no great surprise he got smashed by Woodley. My prediction was Woodley by decision, didn't quite see the sub coming, but excellent performance by T-Wood. IMHO Woodley is under-rated in his pre-fight analytical skills of dissecting an opponent and working out the Game Plan of getting the win. He keeps on doing it every time, despite a very wide range of opponents.
I think Till should pull the plug on welterweight division, it's obviously a major struggle for him to get to 170, focus on 185lbs division and working hard on his wrestling and jits etc.

I predicted it to be a KO/TKO win by Tyron Woodley, it turned out that Till is incredibly durable. Till said he lost the fight because he was too relaxed. What I saw from the fight is total dominance by Tyron Woodley. There's only one moment I was worried about Tyron's gas tank when Till refused to quit. Till didn't realize Tyron's D'arce Choke at all.
I'm not sure Till will stay in WW division for long. He is definitely too big for this division. He should move to middle weight.

.....it turned out that Till is incredibly durable.
Absolutely! I was impressed with Till's resilience to Woodley's repeated HARD elbows once Woodley had got him on the ground. He wasn't going away easily.

lands nothing, gets taken down and bashed with elbows, then gets choked out, giving Woodley his first sub win since 2009...not the 'worst' possible showing, but pretty damn far from 'good' too.

Till handled it well enough afterwards, but the brash talk might need to be dialed back until he redeems himself...hopefully at MW, where he clearly belongs.
Did you watch the fight or even read the posts before yours? He was never ‘taken down’ or out wrestled as a number of people have also already talked about

It could have gone worse. Even though he was severely outmatched he could have been KOD much sooner. he showed at least an ability to withstand hellacious gnp after being rocked by a shot that may have KOd others clean.

Till was scared to death, threw basically zero strikes, he was scared and frozen. Another UFC hype machine fail.

Did you watch the fight or even read the posts before yours? He was never ‘taken down’ or out wrestled as a number of people have also already talked about

yes, I watched it...my bad...he was knocked down.

FWIW, it doesn't make it any 'better' an outcome for Till.

Horrible showing by Till. Confused by his game plan - standing in front of a power striker.......
Really unbelievable, could not have gone much worse.
Not really in traditional Muaythai there’s not a lot of running around

Today's MMA is in a state where popularity and smack talk give you an undeserved title shot.

Fortunately, it's still skills that determine the winner.

Dude got exposed real bad.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Only way it could've gone worse is if the KO happened within 12 seconds, making it an even faster KO than what Aldo suffered.

Hind sight is always 20/20, but I did notice Till had an odd way of throwing his hands. Very unconventional. Looking at it now, Tyron exposed him on the feet.

Hopefully Till regroups, improves and we see him bounce back.

With a 12 second ko, people could argue it was a fluke or he just got caught. A bad day at the office, as it were.

He got the shit beat out of him everywhere.

Well he could have broken an eye orbital by catching one of those hellbows. Disappointing night for Till for sure but it happened to him at a good age. It was a good night for Woodley and gave him a dominant finish that fans have been wanting to see.

Back