Could Darren Till's fight have gone any worse?

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was so pumped for this fight but did have a feeling Tyron would be too much but was interested to see how the two styles matched up. but the way Tyron beat Till left no doubt in anyones eyes that Darren hasn't got a chance against him.

He got fucked up on the feet and then fucked up on the ground showing Tyron dominates him everywhere. Even if he got knocked out in the first minute it would have been less devasting than the way it ended up. At least then you could have said it was a lucky shot or whatever.

The worst part for me is the fact he didn't even land one strike.. like how distant does the skill gap have to be for him to have achieved that. I don't mind Darren's smack talk etc as most of it isn't disrespectful but he built himself up so much that the fall was greater than it would have been if he hadn't.

I was so pumped for this fight but did have a feeling Tyron would be too much but was interested to see how the two styles matched up. but the way Tyron beat Till left no doubt in anyones eyes that Darren hasn't got a chance against him.

He got fucked up on the feet and then fucked up on the ground showing Tyron dominates him everywhere. Even if he got knocked out in the first minute it would have been less devasting than the way it ended up. At least then you could have said it was a lucky shot or whatever.

The worst part for me is the fact he didn't even land one strike.. like how distant does the skill gap have to be for him to have achieved that. I don't mind Darren's smack talk etc as most of it isn't disrespectful but he built himself up so much that the fall was greater than it would have been if he hadn't.
Yeh I was very surprised given that Till is an elite striker with a MT base... Whereas Tyron has developed his striking later in life

im not surprised motherfuckers!!!

Well, getting KOed stiff would be worse since then he couldnt do the post fight damage control, and would need time off. Part of why he landed no strikes is he took the first round off on purpose to measure Woodley but then got caught right as he was starting to aggress in round 2.

That could have happened at the beginning of the first instead of the second. He did a good job of avoiding the TD from a top wrestler until he got dropped and showed heart surviving Woodley GNP. As opposed to someone like say Chris Weidman when they get in that position.

Last edited:
Meh. Looked like experience vs inexperience to me.

Watch the fight Conor Vs Eddie, is a free fight on YouTube atm...

Horrible showing by Till. Confused by his game plan - standing in front of a power striker.......
Really unbelievable, could not have gone much worse.

grampa.gif

He could’ve been KO’d stiff in 13 seconds....
0DCF1196-6D4D-4D8E-ABC1-8DA3880FBA55.gif

Sucks he got caught seconds into the second round. I believe him when he says he was planning to open up more from that point on. I mean that’s exactly what happened on the knockdown.

Showed a lot of heart surviving for as long as he did. Till will be back.B101FFCE-B470-4799-B27A-4CBCE2B4B611.jpeg

It was bad.

He is known as a good striker but the moment he opened up he got dropped with the one shot everyone knows Woodley is going to throw. He then got the shit beaten out of him on the ground and choked.

MMA fans think your career of over once you lose lol

Yeh I was very surprised given that Till is an elite striker with a MT base... Whereas Tyron has developed his striking later in life

People need to stop saying this

1. Till fought in bush league gym events and wasnt matched up against a single noteworthy opponent in his entire kickboxing career.

2. His base is clearly more rooted in point karate than muay thai

Calling him an elite striker isnt very sensible

Only way it could've gone worse is if the KO happened within 12 seconds, making it an even faster KO than what Aldo suffered.

Hind sight is always 20/20, but I did notice Till had an odd way of throwing his hands. Very unconventional. Looking at it now, Tyron exposed him on the feet.

Hopefully Till regroups, improves and we see him bounce back.

well he stuffed all the takedowns, kinda surprised about that since his wrestling was never tested before this

Back