Could Darren Till's fight have gone any worse?

I believed in him, but as he came out I started thinking that his wrestling was too questionable. Man did he get hit hard.

Yeah, he could have been seriously hurt. He walked out with his health intact to compete another day. He'll be fine.

He won't be around for long if he keeps fighting like that

WW has a lot of good wrestlers and Till avoided them all on his way to the top. He won't have that beneficial match making in the future, so either he learns to wrestle like GSP did or he's gonna have a short career.

Or he moves to MW and possibly gets some favorable match ups again
He stuffed the takedowns until he got dropped... was more that he didn’t take woodleys striking seriously which is clearly a mistake at this point.

What was weird is Till didn’t try for any kicks like he usually does

Hes TDD was on point. Outside of that he had no business being in the same cage as Tyron. The combo he got countered on looked like he wasnt a proffesional. Missing with the jab while loading up an uppercut from hes knee as a opening combo?? He already knew from Twood footagen and the first rd of the fight that Twood has a deadly counter to hes own left side, and then he chose to abbandon all defence on that side? Not even prepeard to roll with the punch?
This was amature hour delux!

If sherdoggers and casuals wasnt suckers for personality Till would be the bigest bum on the roster by now.. but hes offcourse forgiven since hes a good interview.
Till will come back better and get some lower level fights I hope.

Woodley seems to perform at his best when fighting strikers. Till, Lawler, Condit. Wonderboy did better, but he still got dropped a couple of times. All of his losses are to guys with solid wrestling. Woodley is not an amazing striker, but he does have scary KO power, so I assume he does better when his takedown threat can open up the opponent's defense.

Or maybe I'm just oversimplifying things. Woodley would definitely beat Marquardt and Shields in a rematch. Rory would still have a good chance at winning. I've seen very little of Colby Covington fighting, but I guess I'd give him a better chance than Maia, Till, and Lawler just based on his wrestling base.

I think Woodley's worst enemy is his age. No matter how physically impressive he might look and how dominant he might appear, he is 36 and very, VERY few fighters are still on top when they get close to their 40s. If I had to predict how Woodley will lose his belt I would say by flash KO. I predicted that Woodley would KO Lawler and I now predict that either Covington or Kamaru Usman will KO Woodley

The only positive is that he took the loss well. Other than that it was a clear sign of the gulf in talent between him and the champ.

Be interesting to see who he gets matched up with next.

Darren wasn't taken down by wrestling so that's the bright side I would say.

You hate to think about how much strength and energy he is giving up by cutting all that weight.
Shame he doesn't want to fight people his own size. Though I believe in both divisions he won't be a champion. His resume isn't impressive whatsoever.

I honestly think Darrens best chance at a belt is at Light Heavyweight, and that's not a meme.

Because the fight was awful and they were both hesitant to continually engage from start to finish? And many felt till lost that match

Further Wonderboy like till is another low level kickboxer whos accomplishments in the sport were grossly exagerated .People were already decreeing him to be an elite striker on here simply for koing a middle aged bjj wiz.

Please name one fighter that has outstruck Thompson, other than Till and Woodley.

Please name one fighter that has outstruck Thompson, other than Till and Woodley.

What does this have to do with my post? Striking is still lagging behind in the sport of mma and there hasnt been a stable of good strikers including kickboxers for WB to face in mma.

Let's not over-think it too much. -- He got caught with a big right-hand in Rd2, and that was the beginning of the end for Till.

Many ways to win in MMA, Many ways to lose in MMA.
That's part of what makes it exciting.

Let's not over-think it too much. -- He got caught with a big right-hand in Rd2, and that was the beginning of the end for Till.

And before that, he was doing perfectly fine?

Why didn't Wonderboy smash him then? That was the fight to show how good of a striker he is and he passed the test.

Not much happened in that fight, but Till landed clean and dropped Wonderboy.

Rory, who a bunch of people here seem to think is the uncrowned UFC champ, couldn't do shit to WB in five rounds.

Let's not forget the fact that Till is at least 3 years away from his prime.

Back