Could Darren Till's fight have gone any worse?

He started training MT at age of 12... he has never trained point karate. His striking, aside from the Woodley fight, has looked elite. He just beat WB whose striking at one time was regarded as the best in MMA. He may well have fought cans or in bush leagues at one time granted but that’s what most fighters do. One bad night doesn’t make a fighter a poor striker or bad fighter.

Anyone who has a shred of knowledge about Muay thai or Karate can clearly see that Till's style is heavily in debt to point karate than it is Muay thai. MT guys dont stand in a wide side on stance and focus on darting attacks as till does.Even MT modified for MMA That is however common in point karate. He was even Kod by Woodley in an attempt to throw a sloppy telegraphed lunge punch common in this style.

No one bad fight doesnt make a person a bad fighter. But a questionable style background along with a lack of fighting other notable strikers doesnt make one and elite striker or in tills case an elite thai boxer. His defense is terrible. He still hasnt managed to grasp the ability to keep his chin down, his punching is sloppy , the list goes on and on.

Could have been way worse.

He survived a beating, defended some trips, reversed a clinch etc.

Till was at also pushing forwards. Would've looked much worse if he had been backed up and was unable to defend anything Tyrone did.

Till was like a slightly more skilled James Toney on the ground.

Ye.
I find Eddie's worse due to actually being the champ, getting dropped several times, KO'd and outright mocked.

Till was lucky to be given a title shot in the first place.

Alvarez got owned. There's no denying that.

I was halfway expecting it too given how all of his UFC fights other than the one where he won the title had gone up to that point.

Alvarez got owned. There's no denying that.

I was halfway expecting it too given how all of his UFC fights other than the one where he won the title had gone up to that point.

I'm just glad Santa's still real.

he looked good resisting the wrestling in the clinch.

he made a mistake lunging forward tho looking for a big shot. he should have got the range down first. idk if he thought woodley couldnt hurt him and he didnt worry about the big right hand or what. but he literally ran into that punch and never recovered. dude threw no punches and when he does he got wrecked. he should have got woodley against the fence and then started to slowly unload. dumb move on his part

I honestly think Till thinks hes bigger than he actually is.. Thats it period ...

He thought he would be able to out power the power striker . and look ehat happened .. Boom

People need to stop saying this

1. Till fought in bush league gym events and wasnt matched up against a single noteworthy opponent in his entire kickboxing career.

2. His base is clearly more rooted in point karate than muay thai

Calling him an elite striker isnt very sensible

Why didn't Wonderboy smash him then? That was the fight to show how good of a striker he is and he passed the test.

We got to see that British wrestling and British Jiu Jitsu up close.

Maybe Till should go to a real camp and not some British guy's martial arts gym.

Only way it could have gone worse is if he got funny face KO’d. So, at least that didn’t happen, but he did completely shit the bed.

Till is pretty much stuck. I dont see him beating anyone in MW and he doesn't beat Kamaru, Tyron or Colby.

It was very surprising on 2 fronts for me. With Till talking all the talk he did, I was pretty shocked to see him not do much at all. I figured his plan would of been to move around and punch from different angles. Also, really surprising on the betting lines...from the moment the fight was announced, my first thought was, Tyron wins this pretty handily. Obviously anything can happen in a fight, and Till is a hungry kid, but I always figured Tyron had the advantage...not sure why TILL was the betting favorite. Made some good cash on Tyron myself.

"I've got a pregnant girlfriend..............i don't care. I've got no significant strikes.............I don't fookin care"- Darren Till

Why didn't Wonderboy smash him then? That was the fight to show how good of a striker he is and he passed the test.

Because the fight was awful and they were both hesitant to continually engage from start to finish? And many felt till lost that match

Further Wonderboy like till is another low level kickboxer whos accomplishments in the sport were grossly exagerated .People were already decreeing him to be an elite striker on here simply for koing a middle aged bjj wiz.

Definitely could have been worse.

His guard against Woodley, while already dazed, was pretty impressive. Good hand control, limited Woodley's space, and showed a lot of toughness... he used his length well, and he survived 3+ mins of GnP before Woodley slipped in a slick D'arce precisely BECAUSE Till wasn't letting him posture up and so eventually he let Till clinch up to lure him intp the sub... which I found pretty impressive for both guys

He's 25 or 26, a full decade younger than Woodley. He seemed self-aware and determined in his post fight interview.

His best days are almost certainly ahead of him.

Worst case scenario is getting KO'd. I'd rather be submitted than knocked out.

Nothing is worse than getting finished in first couple of minutes but getting dominated for 2 rounds is pretty close.

Back