Could Anderson have been the first 2 division champ?

Silva retarded nut lickers liking your posts doesn't make it true, Dozer.

Mais ça pu a la diarrhée quand t'écrit n'importe quoi ici.

Silva a été prêt pour un but dans un poids adapté, mais GSP a préféré faire comme tous le francophone face a un combat difficile: fuir.

Stop lying and ruining these threads. You are always wrong. Listen to Giedré, it stinks when you post, tire la chase stp.

I disagree. Machida Shogun Evans all have great shots at beating Silva.

nope.
Silva is the GOAT, and beats all of them in the same night in a tournament. He can even finish by KOing GSP with extreme ease.

That's how much better prime Silva was. But it hurts your feeble ego too much.

James Irvin confirmed that 4 LHWs ducked MW Silva before he finally took the fight.

It was Rashad, Vera, Thiago Silva, and Jardine I believe.

Damn you are mixed up.

4 LHWs turned down the chance to fight Silva before Irvin accepted and it was a counter program to Affliction's event featuring Fedor. You say he was cherry picking when he was getting ducked.

Forrest was one fight removed from being the LHW champ.

And he stepped in to face Bonnar to save a Brazil Card when the original main event fell apart.

Nothing you have said changes the fact Anderson carefully selected who his opponents at LHW were.

Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar.

He didn’t want to fight Shogun or Jones.

Ya I am not sure why people take what Irvin says as if quotable when it is him hyping himself as the only one willing to do it.

First off it was a short notice fight, so few LHW's that see themselves as potential contenders to the title will take that fight against ANYONE.

Rashad certainly has a better chance to Sonnen, Anderson than Sonnen did. Prime Rashad was better everywhere than Sonnen.

Shogun,... Anderson would never take that fight.

Rampage, in his prime he would have Weidman'd Anderson with a combination of TD and GnP and striking. But in the UFC he quickly became rather one dimensional so Anderson might win a decision. But then again Anderson tends to not do that well in fights that go to decision as he tends to be too inactive.

Jones mauls him.

Forrest. There it is... Anderson's path to the championship. But Forrest before the devastating KO loss to Rashad would have a slight chance to win (SLIGHT) if he fought smart and tried to grapple him. But people want to judge that by the broken Forrest Anderson got. People really over weight this win for Anderson because it was flashy but imagine had GSP fought and beat Bisping AFTER he just got KO'd and lost his belt to Gastelum and how little credit they would give GSP. Forrest was a broken fighter when Anderson got him.

Ya I am not sure why people take what Irvin says as if quotable when it is him hyping himself as the only one willing to do it.

First off it was a short notice fight, so few LHW's that see themselves as potential contenders to the title will take that fight against ANYONE.

Rashad certainly has a better chance to Sonnen, Anderson than Sonnen did. Prime Rashad was better everywhere than Sonnen.

Shogun,... Anderson would never take that fight.

Rampage, in his prime he would have Weidman'd Anderson with a combination of TD and GnP and striking. But in the UFC he quickly became rather one dimensional so Anderson might win a decision. But then again Anderson tends to not do that well in fights that go to decision as he tends to be too inactive.

Jones mauls him.

Forrest. There it is... Anderson's path to the championship. But Forrest before the devastating KO loss to Rashad would have a slight chance to win (SLIGHT) if he fought smart and tried to grapple him. But people want to judge that by the broken Forrest Anderson got. People really over weight this win for Anderson because it was flashy but imagine had GSP fought and beat Bisping AFTER he just got KO'd and lost his belt to Gastelum and how little credit they would give GSP. Forrest was a broken fighter when Anderson got him.
James Irvin > some GSP fan named @MikeMcMann on Sherdog

The likes don’t lie. @Soul On Ice said it best. Anderson could have easily taken the LHW belt at any point. Hence, his post got 45 likes (and counting).

LOL!
Silva ASKED to fight at CW and GSP Declined.
Silva hinted he would go down. GSP didn't ask him shit. He simply could not run from his division, so he had to stay.
Lets just admit neither Silva nor GSP was ever going to give a consistent message that showed either was truly willing to do what it would take to make the fight happen.

So if you take James Irvin word will you take a quote from GSP saying he wants the ANderson fight as fact as well? Will you be consistent?

that guy can't be trusted. Cherry pickers can't be trusted.

Lets just admit neither Silva nor GSP was ever going to give a consistent message that showed either was truly willing to do what it would take to make the fight happen.
I can live with that.
But you gotta accept the fact that SIlva spoke positively towards this fight. GSP always declined.

I can live with that.
But you gotta accept the fact that SIlva spoke positively towards this fight. GSP always declined.
Once Silva went into legacy mode and felt he was done with MW and was thinking retirement and then Shogun and Jones took that LHW belt, then and only then did Anderson start truly marketing for that fight with GSP. However GSP was getting ready with Shields and had Condit and Diaz and Hendricks in the pipe.

Prior to that GSP always would say in interviews he was interested in testing himself at MW and a fight with Anderson did interest him ONE DAY. And I think he meant it in terms of his long term view. But IMO he should not have said it as it was not something that was real or actionable. It was kind of like a 'wish under the right circumstances' type thing than an actual fight goal and that just frustrated people.

Once Silva went into legacy mode and felt he was done with MW and was thinking retirement and then Shogun and Jones took that LHW belt, then and only then did Anderson start truly marketing for that fight with GSP. However GSP was getting ready with Shields and had Condit and Diaz and Hendricks in the pipe.

Prior to that GSP always would say in interviews he was interested in testing himself at MW and a fight with Anderson did interest him ONE DAY. And I think he meant it in terms of his long term view. But IMO he should not have said it as it was not something that was real or actionable. It was kind of like a 'wish under the right circumstances' type thing than an actual fight goal and that just frustrated people.
I never truly took exception of him not doing it.
But it kind of sounded fake once he did come back and fought Bisping. though. All his talk about being small went up in smoke.
And when he refused Whittaker, kind of sealed it IMHO.

I never truly took exception of him not doing it.
But it kind of sounded fake once he did come back and fought Bisping. though. All his talk about being small went up in smoke.
And when he refused Whittaker, kind of sealed it IMHO.
He should have never been expected to do it in the heart of his WW GOAT run just as Anderson was never going to do it in the heart of his MW GOAT run. In that regard Anderson was always more honest with himself saying "it is not a fight that interests me... I am happy in my category" when asked about a fight with GSP.

But fighting Bisping did not show anything to be fake. That actually aligned exactly as GSP always said his MW attempt would occur. 'Once he was done with WW and could take the proper time to gain the weight'. You can call Bisping convenient and opportunistic but that is not GSP's fault. He had already announced his intention to return prior to Bisping taking that belt and had, had several negotiations with the UFC about a new contract, and with Bisping taking that belt the stars aligned. No way GSP should have focused on any fight but that one. Any fighter, including Anderson would not do the same.

And GSP's challenges in making MW and holding the weight were real. He went in far lighter than planned against Bisping, so I do think his MW career was going to end with that fight regardless of who was next. BUt I also feel GSP even if healthy was not going to continue at MW. He is just too small and knows he could make LW and the allure of 3 belts was, imo, always in his sights. His team dropped too many hints of him 'being able to make LW easier than MW' for us to not connect those dots. And again that is not something I blame him for.

When Anderson went into legacy mode he and his team marched in to the UFC offices, said he maybe had 8 fights left and 'he only wanted the biggest fights at LHW and MW'. That is what happens when a long term champ and GOAT sees his retirement coming. He wants to pad up his GOAT resume with some 'name' wins. They don't care about contender runs, defending belts or the other day to day stuff normal fighters have to deal with and will gladly be opportunistic.

GSP has just managed his career, and got lucky in terms of his legacy matchups and if he gets super lucky one more time somehow Conor will beat Khabib for the LW title and you can bet Conor would get GSP next. But regardless just winning the LW belt would be huge legacy wise even if from Khabib or other.

Back