Could Anderson have been the first 2 division champ?

He was offered a shot against shogun by shogun himself and he dodgeddddddddd

For sure. He would have koed Forest, Machida and Rashad. Shogun and Rampage would have been tougher but one little mistake and they ‘d get matrixd. But no doubt in my mind that he didnt do it only because his buddy was in that division.

He actually didn't do it for the same reason Aldo didn't Dana said they would have to give up there current belts first.

Towards the end of Silva's run Dana wanted to do Silva vs Jones, he even went as far as guaranteeing it would happen lol.

Anderson really wanted no part of the elite at LHW. He wanted GSP at MW.

Towards the end of Silva's run Dana wanted to do Silva vs Jones, he even went as far as guaranteeing it would happen lol.

Anderson really wanted no part of the elite at LHW. He wanted GSP at MW.
There's a reason he ducked Shogun and Jones.

Yeah if Forrest, Irvin or Bonnar were champs when he fought them. Otherwise no and he knew it hence why he cherry picked those fighters

Wasn't there talks of him having his first UFC match against Matt Hughes at one point at UFC 36?

In those days the UFC cared about the integrity of the divisions and wanted the company to be the exact opposite of boxing. No jumping around weights, defend the title against the best guys three times per year. The good old days.

Wasn't there talks of him having his first UFC match against Matt Hughes at one point at UFC 36?

Yes. I think this was after Anderson defeated top WW and P4P fighter Hayato Sakurai. Never happened.

I think it’s a shame Dana didn’t have the mindset he does now about super fights.
Silva vs Rampage (or any other lhw champ)
GSP vs Silva
Rampage vs Couture
Would’ve been really fun super fights in 2008, I’m not a huge fan of super fights but I would’ve loved to have seen these.

Conor did indeed change the game

images

Yeah if Forrest, Irvin or Bonnar were champs when he fought them. Otherwise no and he knew it hence why he cherry picked those fighters

Damn you are mixed up.

4 LHWs turned down the chance to fight Silva before Irvin accepted and it was a counter program to Affliction's event featuring Fedor. You say he was cherry picking when he was getting ducked.

Forrest was one fight removed from being the LHW champ.

And he stepped in to face Bonnar to save a Brazil Card when the original main event fell apart.

Yeah Anderson could have been the first two weight champ, so could Aldo but there was no option. You had to give up your belt in those days.

Anderson Silva is a two division champion. He beat Hayato Sakurai for the 170 championship in Shooto. At the time Sakurai was consider one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world. And of course Rich Franklin to win the 185 championship in the UFC.

Damn you are mixed up.

4 LHWs turned down the chance to fight Silva before Irvin accepted and it was a counter program to Affliction's event featuring Fedor. You say he was cherry picking when he was getting ducked.

And he stepped in to face Bonnar to save a Brazil Card when the original main event fell apart.

Nothing you have said changes the fact Anderson carefully selected who his opponents at LHW were.

Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar.

He didn’t want to fight Shogun or Jones.

Damn you are mixed up.

James Irvin confirmed that 4 LHWs ducked MW Silva before he finally took the fight.

It was Rashad, Vera, Thiago Silva, and Jardine I believe.

E9346F0E-F64A-4AD3-BC48-0CD91FD018F7.gif

Obvs he would beat Forrest but Prime Rampage?? Prime Rashad? Those 2 arent afraid to grapple and they're much bigger than Chael.

Machida would have been ATROCIOUS. A staring contest for 5 rounds and Lyoto would have retained by default. Shogun beats Anderson too via being a younger, more powerful striker.

Rampage woulda slammed silva all over that fucking cage

Imagine actually believing this

The guy who was outstruck by Forrest Griffin will beat prime Anderson Silva

Hahahahaha

Dana would make the fight imo. Silva would lose and not become the first 2 division champ. I think quintons wrestling, chin, and power combined would be too much for Silva.
Silva destroyed several wrestlers including SUBMITTING a wrestling OLYMPIAN. We know you just starting watching MMA yesterday, but google is your friend.

It seemed like the titles actually meant something then.

To be fair, there wasn't a compelling champ at lhw to make the fight with. All everyone wanted was GSP vs Anderson. I think we all knew Anderson could at that point take the LHW whenever he wanted to.

Back