Cotto vs Sergio - HBO Face Off

Heads up...lots of money coming in on cotto. He is now +160. Serg dropped to -205.

Ty for this made sweet money off JMM ... gonna wait for Sergio to drop more . I know Cotto is very talented but Sergio has the tools to beat Cotto

It will be a war for as long as Cotto can handle it. He will eventually wither due to the punishment and get stopped late. Martinez is not going to allow Cotto to outbox him from the outside. If Cotto shoots in to do damage on the inside he will be eating shots on the way in.

Oh.

m1.gif

e.gif

m2.gif

hey look , it's that guy who's 5 inch taller and 25 lbs heavier than cotto !!!

Which means fuck all nothing about moving in and hitting him, but ok.

Which means fuck all nothing about moving in and hitting him, but ok.

moving in and hitting him ? no .
hurting and dropping him ? yes.

dude is the largest middleweight contender around.

moving in and hitting him ? no .
hurting and dropping him ? yes.

dude is the largest middleweight contender around.

I dont recall saying Cotto would have the power Murray did.

Idon't see cotto winning by being the destroyer anyway.

I see Cotto winning by boxing, watching out for Sergio's telegraphed overhands and stealing rounds with flurries.

This won't be a toe to toe war.

Cotto goes in and backs out.

I dont recall saying Cotto would have the power Murray did.

you didn't , those GIFS did .

murray was seemingly able to hurt martinez with every big shot he landed.

I don't really think those are crushing blows. Typical sergio tripping over his own feet is what that is.

This was the comment the gifs were in response to.

Martinez is not going to allow Cotto to outbox him from the outside. If Cotto shoots in to do damage on the inside he will be eating shots on the way in.

I think serg has knocked himself down more than his opponents...

In a way. His technique is incredibly sloppy. Thats why I really don't care for him. I get why people are fans, but I don't enjoy watching him fight.

In a way. His technique is incredibly sloppy. Thats why I really don't care for him. I get why people are fans, but I don't enjoy watching him fight.

I think that's why he's always smiling when he gets knocked down...he knows it was more to his foot work than his opponents punches...

I haven't seen him really hurt from a knockdown (setting side his fight with Marg).

I think that's why he's always smiling when he gets knocked down...he knows it was more to his foot work than his opponents punches...

I haven't seen him really hurt from a knockdown (setting side his fight with Marg).

See, I hate that too. The sheepish grin as though he is being totally screwed over. Get bent. You got hit and fell down.

Still gets the job done.

Back