Cotto vs Sergio - HBO Face Off

This fight will come down to how much Sergio has left in the tank.

If he is really "broken" like many in here think, Cotto can stop him with a left hook to the body and head.

If Sergio's one year lay off helped him heal up mentally and physically, Cotto could be stopped in this one.

Cotto has a catchweight clause with Sergio at 159.

55/45 fight in Sergio's favor.

Fundamentally sound fighter vs the unordothdox low hands south paw showman.

Got more balls or isnt as talented of a boxer?

Both.

He could have easily grabbed or turtled against Chavez but he specifically chose to exchange even after getting knocked down and being all fucked up.

There was a lot of back-and-forth action in the first Williams fight as well.

Both.

He could have easily grabbed or turtled against Chavez but he specifically chose to exchange even after getting knocked down and being all fucked up.

Chavez is a good inside fighter. Sergio had beat him on the outside all night long. Holding Junior would not have been in his best interest, as hurt as he was.

Holding Junior would not have been in his best interest, as hurt as he was.

This is true. Jr would have taken a half step back, while using his size and strength to throw his hands up a little to get Sergio off, and then wing a few hooks and upper cuts, as Sergio tries to stumble away.

He has done it in other fights, with bigger guys than Sergio, when it gets close like that and they are trying to nullify him.

Both.

I cant say that Cotto has ever shown anything to question the size of his sack, he has stayed in there for some hellacious beatings. The more I think about that comment the more I dont get it.

Cotto is a warrior.

Cotto's biggest problem is that he doesn't adjust well when he gets hurt. Just goes into total survival mode.

Thats why I think we see more boxing from Cotto in this one.

I cant say that Cotto has ever shown anything to question the size of his sack, he has stayed in there for some hellacious beatings. The more I think about that comment the more I dont get it.

Cotto is a warrior.

Noone can question Cottos balls, that is how he developed his fan base. Coming up, there were a number of fights he looked like he could be done, only to comeback and crush them.

Cotto's biggest problem is that he doesn't adjust well when he gets hurt. Just goes into total survival mode.

No argument there I just cant see saying "Sergio has more balls".

Cotto's sack was any larger he'd need a wheelbarrow to carry them around.

No argument there I just cant see saying "Sergio has more balls".

Cotto's sack was any larger he'd need a wheelbarrow to carry them around.

We Need Randy Marsh's pic of him doing this right now.

The only guy with bigger balls than Cotto is Mayorga, and Cotto beat him.

Cotto is the undisputed Big Balls Champ.

Biggest Balls Award has to go to Margs, imo. Gloves loaded controversy aside, that guy is one of the few that you can tell would just go out and would rather die in the ring than admit defeat. That's gotta be a scary feeling to be in the ring with a guy like that, especially somebody as tough and high level like Margs.

Stupid? yeah. But also manly as fuck.

Agree though that Cotto is on tough SOB as well.

Cotto has this, unless a freak knock out from Serg which i don't see happening.

Gennady wants the winner. If Sergio wins, I can see it happening. If Miguel wins, he won't face GGG.

Remains to be seen how much Martinez has left in the tank. His previous skill set and size should be enough to win decisively. However, if his mobility is hampered by the ongoing knee problems, I can see Cotto have success by hammering to the body while Martinez languishes on the ropes.

Exactly.

Against Margarito I and Pacquiao he was doing pretty well until he got a bit hurt. Then it was all downhill.

By comparison, Martinez was in serious trouble in his last few fights but came through.

It's not so much that Cotto doesn't have balls, it's just that Martinez has some huge ones. In a war, I'd put my money on Martinez without a doubt.

Exactly.

Against Margarito I and Pacquiao he was doing pretty well until he got a bit hurt. Then it was all downhill.

By comparison, Martinez was in serious trouble in his last few fights but came through.

It's not so much that Cotto doesn't have balls, it's just that Martinez has some huge ones. In a war, I'd put my money on Martinez without a doubt.

It will be a war for as long as Cotto can handle it. He will eventually wither due to the punishment and get stopped late. Martinez is not going to allow Cotto to outbox him from the outside. If Cotto shoots in to do damage on the inside he will be eating shots on the way in.

Back