Cotto Vs Mayweather Predictions

I don't think so. How does Cotto win? He moves into his opponent and breaks them down with shots over the course of the fight. How does Floyd win? By avoiding shots and countering.

Do you really think Cotto is going to be able to do what no other fighter has and hit Floyd wth enough shots to break him down, without getting sloppy enough to eat those counters?

Like I said, the smart money is on Floyd. However, I think the tool that Cotto will use that other fighters havent is his jab. I'm blown away by how much its improved. He gets a lot of range on it, and he's hurt guys with his jab when they thought they were out of range. DLH caught Mayweather against the ropes during the fight, and I think Cotto will be able to do the same at least as often. At this point, I think Cotto can hurt Mayweather more than DLH. And, I think the jab is going to let Cotto dictate the range of the fight much more than any of mayweather's other opponents.

*shrugs*

One man's opinion...

Like I said, the smart money is on Floyd. However, I think the tool that Cotto will use that other fighters havent is his jab. I'm blown away by how much its improved. He gets a lot of range on it, and he's hurt guys with his jab when they thought they were out of range. DLH caught Mayweather against the ropes during the fight, and I think Cotto will be able to do the same at least as often. At this point, I think Cotto can hurt Mayweather more than DLH. And, I think the jab is going to let Cotto dictate the range of the fight much more than any of mayweather's other opponents.

*shrugs*

One man's opinion...

De La Hoya had the size and reach advantage which will not be there for Cotto. This fight will be a better version of Mayweather/Hatton.

IMO.

De La Hoya had the size and reach advantage which will not be there for Cotto. This fight will be a better version of Mayweather/Hatton.

IMO.

I dont see the comparison between Hatton and Cotto.

I dont see the comparison between Hatton and Cotto.

Really?

Same basic approach, Cotto more polished. They both are going to try the same thing. Cotto is going to try to get insde, punish Floyd and break him down. Same thing Hatton(and pretty much every opponet since Castillo) tried to do.

Really?

Same basic approach, Cotto more polished. They both are going to try the same thing. Cotto is going to try to get insde, punish Floyd and break him down. Same thing Hatton(and pretty much every opponet since Castillo) tried to do.

Hatton can only fight on the inside, Cotto can fight at range or inside. Also, Cotto doesnt have to lean shoulder to shoulder on the inside in order to land shots from a half clinch. The idea of "getting inside" might be the same, but the ways they do that and what they do once they get there is completely different.

Hatton can only fight on the inside, Cotto can fight at range or inside. Also, Cotto doesnt have to lean shoulder to shoulder on the inside in order to land shots from a half clinch. The idea of "getting inside" might be the same, but the ways they do that and what they do once they get there is completely different.

At range, Cotto gets battered. He may be effective to a degree there but Mosley and to a lesser extent, Zab had little difficulty landing when there was separation.

I do agree Cotto is a better all around fighter than Hatton, but I don't see him winning by boxing.

Bad fight for Cotto,IMO. There are 2 guys I think Cotto should stay away from. MArgarito and Floyd. I think he handles anyone else at WW. Those 2 beat him, IMO.

the one problem with this is that IMO floyd is the naturally bigger fighter, the counter feint wont work as well against cotto, but a slippery decision win on technique is entirely plausible

At range, Cotto gets battered. He may be effective to a degree there but Mosley and to a lesser extent, Zab had little difficulty landing when there was separation.

I do agree Cotto is a better all around fighter than Hatton, but I don't see him winning by boxing.

Bad fight for Cotto,IMO. There are 2 guys I think Cotto should stay away from. MArgarito and Floyd. I think he handles anyone else at WW. Those 2 beat him, IMO.

I agree that if its completely a boxing match, Cotto gets damaged. However, I think that Cotto's jab, and the distance he is able to use that jab will allow him to engage and disengage easier than Mayweather's other opponents. Cotto hit both Mosley and Judah, guys with comparable speed to Mayweather, with long jabs. If Cottto is able get some work done inside and at range, he can give Mayweather problems. We'll see...if we're lucky.

I agree that if its completely a boxing match, Cotto gets damaged. However, I think that Cotto's jab, and the distance he is able to use that jab will allow him to engage and disengage easier than Mayweather's other opponents. Cotto hit both Mosley and Judah, guys with comparable speed to Mayweather, with long jabs. If Cottto is able get some work done inside and at range, he can give Mayweather problems. We'll see...if we're lucky.

Valid points. Lets see if it happens.

the one problem with this is that IMO floyd is the naturally bigger fighter, the counter feint wont work as well against cotto, but a slippery decision win on technique is entirely plausible

Naturally bigger? How so? Mayweather started out as a 130 lb fighter and moved up several divisions before settling at ww. Cotto started as a junior welter and moved up easily to welter.

What you talking about? Hatton was well on his way to win the fight until he hit the ring post. You know and I know it wasn't the check hook that knocked him out. He slipped and hit the ring post. I demand a rematch... I FUCKING DEMAND IT!!!

you do love warren don't you...:icon_chee

7y3bvuv.gif

Look, man!!! It was the fucking ring post!

Floyd's most-likely path is to fight Oscar, and then re-match Hatton. THEN consider the actual best Welterweight in the World a worthy challenger, if ever. It's all about dollars now, and not much more.

That's the bottom line. No matter who Mayweather fights, I pull for the other guy to win...

My prediction is that Mayweather avoids any real fights for the rest of his career (just like he has been doing)

With that said, I hope I am wrong.

Floyd's most-likely path is to fight Oscar, and then re-match Hatton. THEN consider the actual best Welterweight in the World a worthy challenger, if ever. It's all about dollars now, and not much more.

I'd be amazed if people bought into a mayweather Hatton II fight. Hatton doesn't stand a chance (fighting a bigger guy, going from 8oz to 10oz gloves, etc..) nor does he have a chance in a rematch.

But..... then again some idiots in America bought into a "rice shortage" just this month. There hasn't been any type of food shortage in America since the "Great Depression". Ok, damn it.... maybe they would buy it!

Well his name is Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He seems to be onto the path of another fighter with the name JR at the end.... and I'm not talking about Hector Camacho.

Back