Cotto Vs Mayweather Predictions

lol...gotta be honest ms...im starting to get this feeling tony outhustles cotto. Tony will make Cotto fight a full 12. He's not a cutie like some of Cotto's past opponents.

I just can't get Cotto "boxing" the last 3 rounds out of my head.

Could happen...Mosley's no cutie though.

Could happen...Mosley's no cutie though.

exactly! when he started to walk Cotto down Miguel started boxing. What happens if he gets pressured for a full 12?
To me thats the answer I need to make my final prediction.

This is all under the assumption that Tony can take more punishment than SSM. Tony will obviously get hit much more than SSM.

God...this is going to be a great fight!

exactly! when he started to walk Cotto down Miguel started boxing. What happens if he gets pressured for a full 12?
To me thats the answer I need to make my final prediction.

This is all under the assumption that Tony can take more punishment than SSM. Tony will obviously get hit much more than SSM.

God...this is going to be a great fight!

Impossible to know without knowing what Cotto was thinking at the end of the fight. Did he think he was way ahead? Was he bothered by Mosley's pressure? That it will be a great fight is pretty much the only certainty right now.

Impossible to know without knowing what Cotto was thinking at the end of the fight. Did he think he was way ahead? Was he bothered by Mosley's pressure? That it will be a great fight is pretty much the only certainty right now.

i actually asked so you could go inside Cotto's brain and share with the rest of us :icon_conf

on a serious note...he found out he couldnt bulldoze abdulaev so he did outbox him and thats why its hard to tell what was really goin on in there. Its why I tend to side with he was boxing but man...i have doubts.

Its a question Tony will answer for us.

Now...MS...don't you have a brain to research?

i actually asked so you could go inside Cotto's brain and share with the rest of us :icon_conf

on a serious note...he found out he couldnt bulldoze abdulaev so he did outbox him and thats why its hard to tell what was really goin on in there. Its why I tend to side with he was boxing but man...i have doubts.

Its a question Tony will answer for us.

Now...MS...don't you have a brain to research?

LOL. All righ all right, I'm on it.

Cotto has nothing that Mayweather hasn't seen from many of his WW oppnents.

Every potential Mayweather opponent, its the same thing, "Wow, ___ s going to pressure him like Castillo did and WINNN!!!! What can Floyd do? Hes never fought anyone good!"

Floyd picks Cotto apart just like Hatton. Cotto may be more refined than Hatton, but not so much that a pressure tactic will finally work.

Floyd by late KO or comfortable decision.

I'll be pulling for Tony he just has a more exciting style than Miguel

I am pretty sure Mosley hurt Cotto with body shots at the end of the fight and that is why he retreated.

I am pretty sure Mosley hurt Cotto with body shots at the end of the fight and that is why he retreated.

well now that MS is a mod he can actually go inside of Miguel head to find out whats really going on here.:D

Cotto has nothing that Mayweather hasn't seen from many of his WW oppnents.

Every potential Mayweather opponent, its the same thing, "Wow, ___ s going to pressure him like Castillo did and WINNN!!!! What can Floyd do? Hes never fought anyone good!"

Floyd picks Cotto apart just like Hatton. Cotto may be more refined than Hatton, but not so much that a pressure tactic will finally work.

Floyd by late KO or comfortable decision.

Floyd is absolutely not invincible. And anyone strong enough to keep him more defending than counter-punching can tentatively take a decision. He's also not impervious to pain.

And pressure has worked against him when it was being applied properly. He was bigger than and as strong as Hatton, but he will not be able to pull the same tactics on Cotto or Margarito, he'll have to keep more distance and combination punch, which he hasn't done for an entire 12 rounds in a while now.

He's the favorite in any fight, sure, but he's not a hands-down victor against either of these two.

I think Floyd has a better chance against Cotto than Margarito just because he won't be able to hurt Margarito. I actually think he beats Cotto fairly easily and barely squeaks by Tony.

You think he'll fight Hatton again, huh? God, I hope not...I just dont see any reason for that. Mayweather dominated the fight and ended it with a KO. Hatton gets another chance because why?

Because after De La Hoya, Hatton brings to the table more of what makes Floyd tick than anybody else, including Cotto.

Money is more important to Mayweather than silly things like

I think Mayweather would win by UD.
I hope he won't give a rematch to Hatton. There's no reason to do this.

I think Mayweather would win by UD.
I hope he won't give a rematch to Hatton. There's no reason to do this.

What you talking about? Hatton was well on his way to win the fight until he hit the ring post. You know and I know it wasn't the check hook that knocked him out. He slipped and hit the ring post. I demand a rematch... I FUCKING DEMAND IT!!!

Floyd is absolutely not invincible. And anyone strong enough to keep him more defending than counter-punching can tentatively take a decision. He's also not impervious to pain.

And pressure has worked against him when it was being applied properly. He was bigger than and as strong as Hatton, but he will not be able to pull the same tactics on Cotto or Margarito, he'll have to keep more distance and combination punch, which he hasn't done for an entire 12 rounds in a while now.

He's the favorite in any fight, sure, but he's not a hands-down victor against either of these two.

I agree 100% that Floyd is beatable. I just don't think Cotto is the guy to do it.

Also, pressure has never worked against Floyd as he is undefeated. Oscar tried pressure, he didn't get the results he wanted and abandoned the strategy. Hatton is nothing but pressure and,IMO, a great pressure fighter and Floyd made him look silly. It looked like they picked some random guy out of the audience in the "Fight Floyd Mayweather" contest or something. Baldomir tried the pressure thing and literally didn't land a shot all night. People base all this on a few rounds fom the Castillo fight years ago as though Floyd isn't smart enough to have learned from those fights. No way will Cotto be able to land enough meaningful shots to win this.

IMO, Floyd has shown weakness to big shots. Zab hurt him, Corley hurt him. I'll say again, its a big puncher, not a pressure fighter that will beat Floyd.

I agree 100% that Floyd is beatable. I just don't think Cotto is the guy to do it.

Also, pressure has never worked against Floyd as he is undefeated. Oscar tried pressure, he didn't get the results he wanted and abandoned the strategy. Hatton is nothing but pressure and,IMO, a great pressure fighter and Floyd made him look silly. It looked like they picked some random guy out of the audience in the "Fight Floyd Mayweather" contest or something. Baldomir tried the pressure thing and literally didn't land a shot all night. People base all this on a few rounds fom the Castillo fight years ago as though Floyd isn't smart enough to have learned from those fights. No way will Cotto be able to land enough meaningful shots to win this.

IMO, Floyd has shown weakness to big shots. Zab hurt him, Corley hurt him. I'll say again, its a big puncher, not a pressure fighter that will beat Floyd.

I agree. However, although Hatton is a great pressure fighter he does not have any other tools. He wasnt coming in behind a jab and if you dont come in with something a fighter as good as Floyd will pick you apart. Hatton was just to predictable for Floyd. Hatton is relentless though with fantastic footwork.

I think Cotto is a great opponent for Floyd, Margarito is another great opponent for Floyd.

I think a boxer who would have had a great chance of beating Mayweather would be Tsyzu.

if and thats a big if they fought i d still back mayweather..skill beats power 75% of the time

if and thats a big if they fought i d still back mayweather..skill beats power 75% of the time

Cotto aint no bumbling, 1-punch pug where you can just label him off strictly as a puncher. Mayweather may win this, and the smart money's probably on him, but Cotto has a very good chance here.

Cotto aint no bumbling, 1-punch pug where you can just label him off strictly as a puncher. Mayweather may win this, and the smart money's probably on him, but Cotto has a very good chance here.

I don't think so. How does Cotto win? He moves into his opponent and breaks them down with shots over the course of the fight. How does Floyd win? By avoiding shots and countering.

Do you really think Cotto is going to be able to do what no other fighter has and hit Floyd wth enough shots to break him down, without getting sloppy enough to eat those counters?

Back