Cory Sandhagen is likely not a size bully, stop pretending otherwise

A 2-2 lanklet*

<{titihmm}>
Last time i checked, Sandhagen is 7-2 in the UFC, but yeah let's completely disregard that.
Let's also disregard that he outstruck Dillashaw by a wider margin than *any* fighter before him or that he clearly did more damage to TJ than vice-versa.

Having losses happens if you fight the best of the best and 135 is easily one of the best divisions in the UFC; in terms of strikers it probably is the best.

"BJ Penn's longest win streak is 7 fights long and has a couple of losses even in his prime. Therefore he could not have been that good."
- User4908 (probably)

The "weight bully" label is just a way to diminish fighters you don't like by pointing to circumstantial physical advantages. Its almost always a bad faith tactic.

One example of how the "weight bully" label is used in bad faith:

a - Khabib is considered a weight bully by Jon Jones/Conor nut huggers because he has trouble cutting weight (even though there's no evidence that Khabib weights significantly more than other lightweights out of camp)
b - Jon Jones on the other hand, is almost never called out by these same fans for being significantly taller and having longer reach than the vast majority of his opponents. Jon Jones racked up a bunch of title defenses against manlets, but you'll only ever hear about Khabib being a weight bully.
I agree, though i won't give Jones shit for his length and height advantage, but it is fair to criticize his resume based on the fact that he fought a lot of men who are *not* natural 205ers and this includes Cormier, who is considered to be his best win.

Also dig a lil into "frames" and bone size. Oddly I found I should be bigger based on muh bones.

Course I didn't dig much into the site to see if it was super cereal or bro-science.
It's not bro science at all.

If Sandhagen and Cormier both take all the anabolics in the world and put on as much muscle as they can, Cormier will still be considerably larger in absolute numbers, despite the fact that they'd be equally muscular in relation to their (skeletal) frame.

So he's a lanklet?
Ahem... obviously, lol?

But how is that relevant?

Like i highlighted, his reach isn't that big and his height (which is the physical trait he differs the most from other fighters) is not as advantageous as people think.

It's not bro science at all.

If Sandhagen and Cormier both take all the anabolics in the world and put on as much muscle as they can, Cormier will still be considerably larger in absolute numbers, despite the fact that they'd be equally muscular in relation to their (skeletal) frame.

Yea I did some reading on "morph" types as well and fig legit but tossed it out for any correction or critique. The Dawg is fairly good at correction.

TY

Yea I did some reading on "morph" types as well and fig legit but tossed it out for any correction or critique. The Dawg is fairly good at correction.
You mean you tossed it out because others helped you understand it's not true, or wdym?

But yeah, i mean some people build muscle more easily too, but what i was referring too, is that with bigger (circumference) bones, you'll naturally can put on more muscle.

People who equate only height to size are idiots. Bob sapp and jon jones are both 6'4" so they re the same size by that logic right?

Sorry, i thought you were implying that if u miss weight more than once then you're a weight bully.
I don't believe in the weight bully concept. If you're super big, but make weight, you're probably sacrificing cardio/stamina.

Look at Hendo. I think he was better at LHW than MW.

You mean you tossed it out because others helped you understand it's not true, or wdym?

I tossed it out for correction or further interest. I felt it was legit but didn't feel like digging to reference. Simply recalling what I generally read.

And yes I was making reference to the bone size to build (potential). If that makes sense.

I tossed it out for correction or further interest. I felt it was legit but didn't feel like digging to reference. Simply recalling what I generally read.

And yes I was making reference to the bone size to build (potential). If that makes sense.
Ah, i think i understand now, thanks for the clarification, understood it now.

After watching TJ back him up and out "will" him I don't see why anyone would call Sandhagen any kind of bully.

The "weight bully" label is just a way to diminish fighters you don't like by pointing to circumstantial physical advantages. Its almost always a bad faith tactic.

One example of how the "weight bully" label is used in bad faith:

a - Khabib is considered a weight bully by Jon Jones/Conor nut huggers because he has trouble cutting weight (even though there's no evidence that Khabib weights significantly more than other lightweights out of camp)
b - Jon Jones on the other hand, is almost never called out by these same fans for being significantly taller and having longer reach than the vast majority of his opponents. Jon Jones racked up a bunch of title defenses against manlets, but you'll only ever hear about Khabib being a weight bully.

Plenty of people have called Jones a weight bully

I don't believe in the weight bully concept. If you're super big, but make weight, you're probably sacrificing cardio/stamina.

Look at Hendo. I think he was better at LHW than MW.
Amen. If you make weight you can fight at that weight. Same rules for everyone.

Nothing to see here. And that applies to all the various instances when this type of nonsense gets thrown around.

I agree, though i won't give Jones shit for his length and height advantage, but it is fair to criticize his resume based on the fact that he fought a lot of men who are *not* natural 205ers and this includes Cormier, who is considered to be his best win.

I wouldn't criticize it either, Jon Jones has
Plenty of people have called Jones a weight bully
Not the ones Jones nuthuggers who call Khabib a weight bully.

Not the ones Jones nuthuggers who call Khabib a weight bully.

Who specifically are you talking about? People have brought up Jones facing smaller fighters for years and calling for him to fight at heavyweight.

Damn, thats a long read, but for what i managed to read, you are on point TS, he isnt any bigger than the average BW, just a slightly taller lanky BW.

Back