• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cory Sandhagen is average at best

Sandhagen is clearly great but he needs to take a step back now, he was clearly outclassed by Sterling and Yan. Sandhagen should get 4 or 5 fights in and not worry about a title for a couple years, see how much he can develop before getting back in there. He had very little for Yan.

I think Sandhagen needs to punch with more authority. He zigzags and runs around too much.

He could take a lesson from Petr Yan, not waste so much movement, and really try to throw stiffer jabs/crosses, kicks, etc.

When you move around too much, you lose authority in the strikes you do deliver. There was a major difference in impact between the punches of Yan and Sandhagen.

I know the guy has some (T)KO’s on his record but damn, Yan blocked or ate EVERY punch and almost never seemed to go back, Cory needed to hurt him, even just a little but NEVER was able too.

1247531022.jpg.jpg

he seems like a chin/cardio abuser and nothing more, im not hating on the man, a warrior for sure but lets take a look at his most notable wins:

a used up Frankie: ok..
Jose Aguayo: Literally 2-2
Austin Arnett: 1-4 in his last 5
Moraes: if that's not a guy on the decline I don't know what is.
Alcantara: 2-3 in his last 5, nearly finished him lol
Bautista: a 19-22 can
Lineker: Total coin toss decision
Assuncao: way out of his prime

lets not also forget he was supposed to murder 35yo ring rusted Dillashaw
who just got dusted by USADA but he didn't and thats fine! just stop with this "hes going to be a champ" bs.
hes clearly not champ material and will never beat guys like Yan or Aljo. Font and Munhoz will give a hard time, any quality opponent really.

average at best

He's a top 5 BW in the entire world. By definition, he is significantly above average

1247531022.jpg.jpg

he seems like a chin/cardio abuser and nothing more, im not hating on the man, a warrior for sure but lets take a look at his most notable wins:

who just got dusted by USADA but he didn't and thats fine! just stop with this "hes going to be a champ" bs.
hes clearly not champ material and will never beat guys like Yan or Aljo. Font and Munhoz will give a hard time, any quality opponent really.

average at best

Does he look like a guy who used to beat you up in school ?

Honestly that was a great fight. And in my books he clearly took 2 rounds.

He needs to work with someone on sitting down on his punches.

Honestly, its a lot like TJ, TJ evevtually learned to have power.

He's a top 5 guy for certain but will he ever be champ? Unlikely.

He now has losses to the 1-2-3 ranked guys in the division. Whether nor not those were close fights, he is still 2-3 in his last 5.

He's kind of in the boat that Romero was. Clearly a top fighter but still a guy that lost to the top guys.

keep dick riding him like you did to Tony and we will see.

Tony?

Tony:
  • Undefeated for 6 years
  • 12 straight wins, 9 finishes (75%) during that time
  • 15-1 in the UFC from his debut with 11 finishes (5 TKO/KO's, 6 submissions, 4 decisions) during his streak of dominance
  • Had 5 shared opponents with Khabib. Khabib went 5-0 finished 1/5, Tony finished 3/5 going 4-1
Tony's dick was ridden because he finished fights, fought an exciting style and gave 0 fucks. He wanted to bang and sub.

You either don't know what the word 'average' means or you're just a couch surfing scrub

1247531022.jpg.jpg

average at best

Better than average, top 5 for sure but probably won't get the belt with the likes of Yan, Dillishaw and even Sterling in the division. He literally just fought the best in the division..Yan, Dillishaw, Edgar, Moraes, Sterling, Assuncao...that's a stiff line up of competition.

He got dominated after the 1st round. Pure fanfiction that it was a close fight.
eh, round 2 coulda gone either way i thought. but last 3 rounds he for sure lost

No. You people need to judge these type of fighters on not just a fight to fight basis but form a decent downstream opinion ( if you have some acumen besides just YOUR optic view).

Yan is fucking monster so Sandhagen did ok in a fight nobody thought he was winning. I'd like to see Corey Aljo 2 and aljo " can earn his shot to get title back" .

He just proved he is far better than average.

Fucking trash division. Yan hasn't fought or beat anyone good.

He's a little better than average.

Pretty sure Amanda Nunes destroys Yan, Sterling, Sandhagen and TJ in the same night.

Amanda 145 vs. Yan 135

Is the fight to make .. book it Dana

keep dick riding him like you did to Tony and we will see.

There are 82 BWs currently on the UFC roster, so "average" for a UFC BW would be the #41 ranked fighter on the roster. No matter how you slice it, Sandhagen is a legit top 5 UFC BW. Don't get mad because you can't pass an elementary math test.

LOL he is absolutley not average. He was probably the toughest fight in Petr Yan's career. No Mercy had to go super saiyan to win.

Back