Cory is showing how a prime Condit wouldve done @ BW if he was a manlet

You seem to be purposely distorting my comment into a black and white one, or again, very confrontational when it comes to any criticism of Cory. None of this refutes what I was saying. Saying that pressuring him is best method of fighting him doesn't mean it's an infallible or easy or safe method; It merely means it's best path to victory against cory, which is why all three guys who beat cory beat him by putting him on the back foot, and it's why the other guy who went to a SD with cory managed to go to the SD with him in the first place.

If I said keeping the fight on the feet with usman is the best method to beat him, it doesn't mean that Usman can't still knock fuckers out on the feet; It just mean's the opponents chances of winning are better on the feet than if they were on the bottom getting wrestle fucked.

If you disagree, then I'd like to know what you think the best method to beating him is?
Clearly ground control and clinch control. Which I guess does invole coming forward, but if you are generalizing it like that then you're the one making it black and white no? Im honestly not a fan of Cory, I just think some rhetoric on this site is meaningless and baseless imo so I respond accordingly. But yeah, wrestling via takedowns and clinch control seem to be his weakness

Last edited:
What fighter are you talking about? It is still way early in Sandhagen's career but he isn't even close to Condit's prime level. In his prime Condit only had one loss in eleven UFC/WEC fights before he fought GSP for belt (He got a leg kick KD on GSP and had him in trouble in third round in that fight). Up until recently he had 30 wins with 29 of them finishes with his only decision against Nick Diaz. The guy fights like a monster. I wish there were more Condits.

EDIT* I want to correct myself - he had one other decision against Jake Ellenberger but it doesn't matter. This guy had intentions to end fights and he was extremely successful with that plan.
He was good yeah but never elite. He has the worst TDD in UFC history man. He had a good run and was exciting, so he tends to get overrated. His resume isn't even all that great. Whats his best win? A young Rory? Stun Gun? That's good but not to the level that this thread his hyping him to be

Agreed. Cory, Tony and Condit are all similar. The difference is Cory can actually stop a takedown. Dillashaw had to work for them.

TJ was fighting on one leg after the 1st round tho. Cory isnt hard to get down. Aljo had 0 issue getting his back. The ghost of Assuncao and Marlon both got him down without much issue. Iuri as well almost finished him. Even strikers like Lineker and Bautista who never go for TDs had no issue getting him down.

They don't weigh that and if you know mma u should know.
On fight night they don't. But any man that can cut his body weight down to 135 at any time is a manlet. The only exception would be if one was being starved in a Guatemalan prison or something.

Clearly ground control and clinch control. Which I guess does invole coming forward, but if you are generalizing it like that then you're the one making it black and white no? Im honestly not a fan of Cory, I just think some rhetoric on this site is meaningless and baseless imo so I respond accordingly. But yeah, wrestling via takedowns and clinch control seem to be his weakness

Well, we kind of agree and kind of disagree. I'll leave it at that lol.

He just controlled and took his back to the cage alot he didnt have 17 TD attempts.

But TJ got more than just the one takedown against Cory over five rounds? Maybe they edited all the other ones out of the broadcast to make it look like Sandhagen actually has great TDD. :rolleyes:

On fight night they don't. But any man that can cut his body weight down to 135 at any time is a manlet. The only exception would be if one was being starved in a Guatemalan prison or something.

Weight cutting in MMA is torturous artificial method of cutting 20-30 lbs after losing some fat in camp. Can find plenty of 5'11" boxers who don't go through what they do yet they weigh 135 lbs the night before. That goes for most men, able to cut 135-155 really if everyone was super lean like athletes tend to be and then practically kill themselves to make weight for a few minutes. You're stretching the conventional designation of "manlet" to your liking, not as it is actually accepted.

He was good yeah but never elite. He has the worst TDD in UFC history man. He had a good run and was exciting, so he tends to get overrated. His resume isn't even all that great. Whats his best win? A young Rory? Stun Gun? That's good but not to the level that this thread his hyping him to be

Your post speaks for itself. You must fall back on the blanket approach because you obviously know ZERO about that era of fighting. If you can't pick out any quality wins or weak wins you aren't qualified to even argue the point. I'll let you battle the GSP fans on that one too because he pretty much fought the same fighters that GSP fought in that era. UFC divisions were created from the WEC divisions where Condit was belt holder (Aldo also came from the WEC). Condit was interim UFC belt holder while GSP was injured, but he should have owned a real UFC belt. He doubled up on significant strikes on Robbie Lawler (176 to 92) but lost a split decision. I thought he won that fight using the point fighting rules like what just happened on TJ versus Sandhagen.

Condit isn't even close to being overrated. I don't see anyone put him in the GOAT talk. His record and finishes speak for themselves. Why don't you name all the fighters who had better prime fighting records but were rated lower than him.

Almost every fighter has a weakness. Sandhagen has been taken down in every fight he has fought except for his two recent quick finishes. The only thing that will help Sandhagen on TDD statistics is that he was only taken down 2 out of 19 times against a one legged fighter (TJ). This ratio will impact his percentage going forward causing his statistics to be corrupt.

Last edited:
Weight cutting in MMA is torturous artificial method of cutting 20-30 lbs after losing some fat in camp. Can find plenty of 5'11" boxers who don't go through what they do yet they weigh 135 lbs the night before. That goes for most men, able to cut 135-155 really if everyone was super lean like athletes tend to be and then practically kill themselves to make weight for a few minutes. You're stretching the conventional designation of "manlet" to your liking, not as it is actually accepted.

Clearly you are in denial about being a manlet yourself. Understood and will treat you accordingly in any future interactions.

Clearly you are in denial about being a manlet yourself. Understood and will treat you accordingly in any future interactions.

I am a true manlet.
5'11" 160+ lbs is not manlet.
Not playing this game to death, casual. In athletics there are plenty of fit guys that weight who are never considered manlet cause they have a reasonably tall adult HEIGHT.

Your post speaks for itself. You must fall back on the blanket approach because you obviously know ZERO about that era of fighting. If you can't pick out any quality wins or weak wins you aren't qualified to even argue the point. I'll let you battle the GSP fans on that one too because he pretty much fought the same fighters that GSP fought in that era. UFC divisions were created from the WEC divisions where Condit was belt holder (Aldo also came from the WEC). Condit was interim UFC belt holder while GSP was injured, but he should have owned a real UFC belt. He doubled up on significant strikes on Robbie Lawler (176 to 92) but lost a split decision. I thought he won that fight using the point fighting rules like what just happened on TJ versus Sandhagen.

Condit isn't even close to being overrated. I don't see anyone put him in the GOAT talk. His record and finishes speak for themselves. Why don't you name all the fighters who had better prime fighting records but were rated lower than him.

Almost every fighter has a weakness. Sandhagen has been taken down in every fight he has fought except for his two recent quick finishes. The only thing that will help Sandhagen on TDD statistics is that he was only taken down 2 out of 19 times against a one legged fighter (TJ). This ratio will impact his percentage going forward causing his statistics to be corrupt.
Look at who he won the belt from in WEC and who he defended it against. None of those fighters made any impact in the UFC. Brock Larson was the best fighter he fought in WEC and that is not a great win, good sure, but not great. He had a nice run all the way up to the Nick Diaz win, even tho he fought Nick like a pussy, but then the losing starts. I would give him more credit for the Lawler fight if he didn't proceed to lose like 6 straight. He's overrated imo and yes, some one did call him one of the greatest of all time on this very thread. He had a nice streak of wins but he's essentially on the same level legacy wise as Masvidal. And people call Masvidal a journeyman all the time

And why bring up GSP? They only have 2 common wins lmao. GSP's resume has nothing to do with Condit's resume

My bad, 3 wins, they both beat twinkle toes Frank Trigg

Back