Cory is showing how a prime Condit wouldve done @ BW if he was a manlet

Apparently Cory is 6 foot making him not a manlet, per his manager.

Frankie isn't amongst those who had success, obviously
Yeah because he was KO'd by a flying knee while coming forward. Yet this whole thread is about how a guy who has a flying knee KO off a counter strike isn't a good counter striker. And even funnier its in reaction to a fight where the same guy out struck TJ while countering majority of the time lol.

Did you watch the fight? TJ was on one leg after the 1st round and those stats are dubious too. He just controlled and took his back to the cage alot he didnt have 17 TD attempts.
My bad 2/19 on takedowns.

Attachments

• BB79CDC8-DB6D-40E7-9983-DA1D7286233A.png
    BB79CDC8-DB6D-40E7-9983-DA1D7286233A.png
    936.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah because he was KO'd by a flying knee while coming forward. Yet this whole thread is about how a guy who has a flying knee KO off a counter strike isn't a good counter striker. And even funnier its in reaction to a fight where the same guy out struck TJ while countering majority of the time lol.

When did I say he wasn't a good counter striker? When did I say that ALL fighters who pressure cory have success? You're picking an argument with the wrong guy and you've refuted nothing I've said. You seem like a really sensitive cory fan who can't accept any criticism of him.

If they were the same weight class and prime, Condit would finish Cory.

Cory so overrated on these boards it's ridiculous. Of course a middleweight will knock out a 40 year old who has taken tons of damage in his career.

Yeah. But you don't know, because you've never seen him fight.

You're brand new, and mad someone slighted Cory in the least.

Better get your shining suit of white armor on, and grab your shield bro.

Prime Condit was raw toughness, cardio, high volume, awkwardness and some creativity. I see some overlapping qualities like Cory also being tough as hell but still definitely with plenty of differences. Cory is a much more calculated and technical striker, but way less volume. Condit got into a lot firefights, but pretty much nobody was beating him in a firefight in his prime.
<PlusJuan>

Its hard to take you seriously when Cory made TJ go 1/17 on takedowns.

I don't give a fuck what the UFC stat tracker says because that's egregiously wrong.

Sandhagen was taken down wayyyyyy more than "1" time.

If they were the same weight class and prime, Condit would finish Cory.

Cory so overrated on these boards it's ridiculous.
Respectfully Disagree.

Cory is mostly appropriately rated. No matter how the fight is scored, he outstruck TJ (by a wider margin than *anyone* before him as well) and did more damage to him too.
He also dodged 72% of TJ's sign. head strikes, while landing as many sign. headstrikes on TJ as TJ landed sign. strikes on him.
On top of that - and this is coming from someone who rates the welterweight division Condit fought in fairly high - Sandhagen also competes in a better division and definitely in a division with better strikers.

Your analysis is spot on a lot of times, but i think that occasionally - here too - you seem be doing exactly what you're accusing others of: not being (completely) objective about a fighter because you like him or have some connection to the times/division(s) he fought in.

@ExitLUPin i like this comparison, but like someone else has said, i think Cory is the more calculated and more technical striker out of the two

Respectfully Disagree.

Cory is mostly appropriately rated. No matter how the fight is scored, he outstruck TJ (by a wider margin than *anyone* before him as well) and did more damage to him too.
He also dodged 72% of TJ's sign. head strikes, while landing as many sign. headstrikes on TJ as TJ landed sign. strikes on him.
On top of that - and this is coming from someone who rates the welterweight division Condit fought in fairly high - Sandhagen also competes in a better division and definitely in a division with better strikers.

Your analysis is spot on a lot of times, but i think that occasionally - here too - you seem be doing exactly what you're accusing others of: not being (completely) objective about a fighter because you like him or have some connection to the times/division(s) he fought in.

Condit is an all-time top 10 Welterweight. Cory has one good win.

I don't think the division Cory fights in is better than the division GSP, Woodley, Hendricks, Lawler, Red King, etc fought in.

Cory's TDD wasn't bad last night. Pretty good actually. Its his inability to defend the clinch against the cage that was his undoing.

Yeah, you know what, I agree with that. It isn't horrible by any means but it's far from good.

Condit is an all-time top 10 Welterweight. Cory has one good win.

I don't think the division Cory fights in is better than the division GSP, Woodley, Hendricks, Lawler, Red King, etc fought in.
Well, first and foremost: let's say Cory becomes a top 15 135er of all time, whereas Condit is in the top 10 all time at 170.
Relative to his division, Condit is better, i agree, but still, i think that at the very least in terms of strikers, the division Cory fights in is significantly better than that of Condit.

I also agree that Frankie was very old (how could i disagree? lol) but not long before that fight he beat Munhoz in an amazing performance, so especially if i take the way Cory won against Frankie into account, that's at least half-ways decent, if not good. The way he beat Moraes was great in my eyes and yesterday - even if you agree with TJ getting the nod - he has absolutely shown that he's elite (at the very least as a striker) and against TJ (who i really can't stand) that is saying a lot.

I can understand criticizing Cory's weakness to wrestling (though TJ couldn't do much with it, tbh) i just don't agree that Cory isn't an immensely good and talented striker and imo fighter too.
{<shrug}

Back