Cory is showing how a prime Condit wouldve done @ BW if he was a manlet

sandcastle is a gatekeeper. prime condit was someone who won the interim belt and should have won the real belt but was robbed by judges

Cory is a better striker and has much better defensive wrestling than Condit has ever had

Well, first and foremost: let's say Cory becomes a top 15 135er of all time, whereas Condit is in the top 10 all time at 170.
Relative to his division, Condit is better, i agree, but still, i think that at the very least in terms of strikers, the division Cory fights in is significantly better than that of Condit.

I also agree that Frankie was very old (how could i disagree? lol) but not long before that fight he beat Munhoz in an amazing performance, so especially if i take the way Cory won against Frankie into account, that's at least half-ways decent, if not good. The way he beat Moraes was great in my eyes and yesterday - even if you agree with TJ getting the nod - he has absolutely shown that he's elite (at the very least as a striker) and against TJ (who i really can't stand) that is saying a lot.

I can understand criticizing Cory's weakness to wrestling (though TJ couldn't do much with it, tbh) i just don't agree that Cory isn't an immensely good and talented striker and imo fighter too.
{<shrug}

Couple more good performances against top guys for me to think that.

And sure, TJ is a fantastic striker and better than say Johnny Hendricks. But no one in their right mind would pick to fight Hendricks over TJ. That WW division was one of the most stacked ever. Proven through performance. Cory has barely one good win.

Couple more good performances against top guys for me to think that.

And sure, TJ is a fantastic striker and better than say Johnny Hendricks. But no one in their right mind would pick to fight Hendricks over TJ. That WW division was one of the most stacked ever. Proven through performance. Cory has barely one good win.
I mean surely one would rather fight a smaller guy, but i don't think this concept matters here - maybe you mean something different though.

Fair enough though overall.
<RomeroSalute>

When did I say he wasn't a good counter striker? When did I say that ALL fighters who pressure cory have success? You're picking an argument with the wrong guy and you've refuted nothing I've said. You seem like a really sensitive cory fan who can't accept any criticism of him.
I responded to you saying the best way to fight Cory is coming forward. I refuted that statement by saying he out struck, dropped and damaged TJ when he came forward. He kneed Frankie's head off coming forward and as much as people bring up the Liniker, he still won the fight in what was a much clearer decision than this win for TJ. You have no proof that's the best way to fight him. Yet I've provided you several examples of people coming forward and it resulting in a lot of damage. I don't know how much clearer I have to be lol. Your point was for sure refuted

Condit is an all-time top 10 Welterweight. Cory has one good win.

I don't think the division Cory fights in is better than the division GSP, Woodley, Hendricks, Lawler, Red King, etc fought in.
Condit lost to Lawler, GSP, Woodley and Hendricks. And if a rematch were to ever happen Rory would kill Condit. Not sure what your point is here

Prime Condit was raw toughness, cardio, high volume, awkwardness and some creativity. I see some overlapping qualities like Cory also being tough as hell but still definitely with plenty of differences. Cory is a much more calculated and technical striker, but way less volume. Condit got into a lot firefights, but pretty much nobody was beating him in a firefight in his prime.

Condit was better IMO. Like that fight last night is one he would have thrived in whereas Cory wilted

I responded to you saying the best way to fight Cory is coming forward. I refuted that statement by saying he out struck, dropped and damaged TJ when he came forward. He kneed Frankie's head off coming forward and as much as people bring up the Liniker, he still won the fight in what was a much clearer decision than this win for TJ. You have no proof that's the best way to fight him. Yet I've provided you several examples of people coming forward and it resulting in a lot of damage. I don't know how much clearer I have to be lol. Your point was for sure refuted

You seem to be purposely distorting my comment into a black and white one, or again, very confrontational when it comes to any criticism of Cory. None of this refutes what I was saying. Saying that pressuring him is best method of fighting him doesn't mean it's an infallible or easy or safe method; It merely means it's best path to victory against cory, which is why all three guys who beat cory beat him by putting him on the back foot, and it's why the other guy who went to a SD with cory managed to go to the SD with him in the first place.

If I said keeping the fight on the feet with usman is the best method to beat him, it doesn't mean that Usman can't still knock fuckers out on the feet; It just mean's the opponents chances of winning are better on the feet than if they were on the bottom getting wrestle fucked.

If you disagree, then I'd like to know what you think the best method to beating him is?

Last edited:
Well, i agree tj was wrong that he obviously couldn't "do whatever he wanted" but he's not wrong when suggesting that if you get Cory backing up, it's easier to deal with him. Cory is obviously dangerous everywhere, but fighters who have had success against him have had that success while pressuring him
Yeah Frankie had the right idea against him. He just got sent to hell with that knee, but i did like his pressure.

I havent seen 2 fighter so similar with multiple weight classes separating them before

theyre very similar fighters

- both tall for the weight
- due to a skinny frame and height, both of them have horrific TDD
- great at scrambling, hit switches nasty guard and submission/kicks offback
- diverse and dynamic striking arsenal, knees, punches, kicks, elbows, clinch
- can sit down and land clean but often go for wild strikes that gets them to bad positions at times
- have a submission weakness and to pressure grappling/being held against the fence

biggest difference is prime Carlos had far better cardio and an adamantium chin. Corys chin is good but hasnt been tested to anywhere close to what Carlos was

Sandhagen is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
better.

Cory >>>>> Natural born runner

Condit is not on the level you think he is and he never was. He's lost so many times at this point lol

What fighter are you talking about? It is still way early in Sandhagen's career but he isn't even close to Condit's prime level. In his prime Condit only had one loss in eleven UFC/WEC fights before he fought GSP for belt (He got a leg kick KD on GSP and had him in trouble in third round in that fight). Up until recently he had 30 wins with 29 of them finishes with his only decision against Nick Diaz. The guy fights like a monster. I wish there were more Condits.

EDIT* I want to correct myself - he had one other decision against Jake Ellenberger but it doesn't matter. This guy had intentions to end fights and he was extremely successful with that plan.

Last edited:
Condit lost to Lawler, GSP, Woodley and Hendricks. And if a rematch were to ever happen Rory would kill Condit. Not sure what your point is here

Well I wasn't fucking talking to you with that post, now was I?

I havent seen 2 fighter so similar with multiple weight classes separating them before

theyre very similar fighters

- both tall for the weight
- due to a skinny frame and height, both of them have horrific TDD
- great at scrambling, hit switches nasty guard and submission/kicks offback
- diverse and dynamic striking arsenal, knees, punches, kicks, elbows, clinch
- can sit down and land clean but often go for wild strikes that gets them to bad positions at times
- have a submission weakness and to pressure grappling/being held against the fence

biggest difference is prime Carlos had far better cardio and an adamantium chin. Corys chin is good but hasnt been tested to anywhere close to what Carlos was
Agreed. Cory, Tony and Condit are all similar. The difference is Cory can actually stop a takedown. Dillashaw had to work for them.

Back