Law Coronavirus the US GOV'T Response analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Big Brain time

0eGb3rf.jpg

Dont let them buy them, I'll give them 1/5th their request and use it for PR

Right, like I said, extrapolate the numbers.

Hill was pretending that was happening last month. If the numbers were anything like he pretended, every major city in America would look like NYC today.

Then again, you’re the genius parroting Chines propaganda, so I don’t expect you do be able to do basic math either.

I made no such claim. You scoffed at the very idea of testing being needed to help rid ourselves of a pandemic virus. You, in a time of barely any tests, lauded the low numbers.

It's about as dumb an association as one could possibly hope to make.

And you're still puffing your chest out over it.

Do you care to address any of the information I've brought that explains the course of events, and how a failure by the Trump admin in procuring WHO standardized tests, the same ones as the South Koreans received, gave us a starkly worse scenario than the vast majority of the developed world?

Yet again:
https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/features/us-coronavirus-testing/
"While the World Health Organisation began shipping out diagnostic tests developed in Germany to 159 labs around the world on 17 January, the US opted to develop its own test, which wasn’t approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) until 4 February.

The CDC tests then began to deliver inconclusive results during verification due to a problem with one of the chemicals ingredients needed to identify the virus. This meant that until new tests could reach healthcare providers, samples had to be sent to the CDC in Atlanta to confirm any diagnoses, causing a delay of up to 48 hours between testing and confirmation."

opposite. Wisconsin’s conservative Supreme Court forced their election to go on this week (Govenor tried to use an executive order to delay it due to places like Milwaukee going from 155 to 3 polling places and massive overcrowding during a stay at home order)

Yep. The conservatives on that court should be ashamed of themselves. I would have been fine with the Gov defying their orders.

Activist judges on both sides is a huge problem imo

Accurate rebuttal to your misinformation.

The context of my statement within my post was clear jerk tool - "all Canadians" who could no longer work as a result of the virus.

You were initially trying to take issue with the amount and the duration of the payments... But then, rather than simply admitting your error when I showed you the evidence instead tried to save face by bullshitting. I'm sure you think it's hysterical.

Up in democratic socialst Canada life is good. Cases are plateaued and we are about to pump out 30k Canadian made ventilators that we won't even need. Probably just loan them to more fucked up places like the US.

I didn't vote for him either time, never liked the cut of his jib, but Justin Trudeau is straight up killing it right now.
Up in democratic socialst Canada life is good. Cases are plateaued and we are about to pump out 30k Canadian made ventilators that we won't even need. Probably just loan them to more fucked up places like the US.

I didn't vote for him either time, never liked the cut of his jib, but Justin Trudeau is straight up killing it right now.

you got lucky buddy. my country is similar.

I made no such claim. You scoffed at the very idea of testing being needed to help rid ourselves of a pandemic virus. You, in a time of barely any tests, lauded the low numbers.

It's about as dumb an association as one could possibly hope to make.

And you're still puffing your chest out over it.

Do you care to address any of the information I've brought that explains the course of events, and how a failure by the Trump admin in procuring WHO standardized tests, the same ones as the South Koreans received, gave us a starkly worse scenario than the vast majority of the developed world?

Yet again:
https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/features/us-coronavirus-testing/
"While the World Health Organisation began shipping out diagnostic tests developed in Germany to 159 labs around the world on 17 January, the US opted to develop its own test, which wasn’t approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) until 4 February.

The CDC tests then began to deliver inconclusive results during verification due to a problem with one of the chemicals ingredients needed to identify the virus. This meant that until new tests could reach healthcare providers, samples had to be sent to the CDC in Atlanta to confirm any diagnoses, causing a delay of up to 48 hours between testing and confirmation."

Holy shit, he actually studied up, that’s an improvement.

Now, just learn not to misrepresent my position, and you’ll have hope of moving off the bottom tier of shartdog.

Lastly educate yourself.

Trump administration health officials on Tuesday defended the pace of diagnostic testing for the novel coronavirus while pushing back on criticism that the U.S. rejected a test from the World Health Organization (WHO).

The federal government has been criticized for not at least temporarily using the WHO test until the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) created its own. While officials have acknowledged there are still not enough tests to meet demand, they denied refusing other tests.

"No one ever offered a test that we refused," said Adm. Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services. "This was a research-grade test that was not approved, not submitted to the FDA [Food and Drug Administration] ... there was a small number that we have greatly surpassed in a very short period of time."

The WHO test, which adopted a German test as its model, was developed soon after Chinese researchers publicly posted the genome of the coronavirus in January. It shipped millions of tests to countries around the world, but generally only those without the capability to develop their own.

The U.S. developed its own test around the same time, but manufacturing and quality control issues soon set it well behind the WHO.

CDC officials acknowledged that one of the three components of the initial test were faulty, but it took weeks before the agency approved a workaround.

Public health experts and some governors have also said bureaucratic red tape around approvals slowed the development of new tests in the U.S.

Administration health officials have been loosening regulations, and on Monday night the FDA said it would allow states to take responsibility for tests developed and used by laboratories in their states, without involving the federal government.

Deborah Birx, a State Department official coordinating the White House coronavirus task force, told reporters that the testing delays were due to the rigorous scientific process involved in approving U.S. diagnostic tests.

"We were adamant about having a high quality test based on our commercial vendors," Birx said. "Over the next few months you'll begin to see that other tests that were utilized around the world were not of the same quality, resulting in false positives and potentially false negatives."

You were initially trying to take issue with the amount and the duration of the payments.

No. My issue was you trying to claim that "all" Canadians were getting it. You know, because that's what you said. I'm not a mind reader.

Its Big Brain time
Dont let them buy them, I'll give them 1/5th their request and use it for PR

Do you want the Fed involved in the purchase and distribution of ventilators or not? You guys seem to flip flop on this.

Trump:

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test."

that’s been one of his greatest lies to date

Nah just showing the lies and timeline of the greatest liar of all time.

No seriously, wrong thread. Please don't derail this from though of us trying to discuss Trump vs. WHO. The is an existing megathread for Trump's response to coronavirus. You can go there and talk about it as much as you'd like.

No seriously, wrong thread. Please don't derail this from though of us trying to discuss Trump vs. WHO. The is an existing megathread for Trump's response to coronavirus. You can go there and talk about it as much as you'd like.

Ummm no. It was an example of trumps poor messaging. The things other people have been discussing as well.

and you’re an Alt account that’s been banned countless times already.

Holy shit, he actually studied up, that’s an improvement.

Now, just learn not to misrepresent my position, and you’ll have hope of moving off the bottom tier of shartdog.

Lastly educate yourself.

Trump administration health officials on Tuesday defended the pace of diagnostic testing for the novel coronavirus while pushing back on criticism that the U.S. rejected a test from the World Health Organization (WHO).

The federal government has been criticized for not at least temporarily using the WHO test until the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) created its own. While officials have acknowledged there are still not enough tests to meet demand, they denied refusing other tests.

"No one ever offered a test that we refused," said Adm. Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services. "This was a research-grade test that was not approved, not submitted to the FDA [Food and Drug Administration] ... there was a small number that we have greatly surpassed in a very short period of time."

The WHO test, which adopted a German test as its model, was developed soon after Chinese researchers publicly posted the genome of the coronavirus in January. It shipped millions of tests to countries around the world, but generally only those without the capability to develop their own.

The U.S. developed its own test around the same time, but manufacturing and quality control issues soon set it well behind the WHO.

CDC officials acknowledged that one of the three components of the initial test were faulty, but it took weeks before the agency approved a workaround.

Public health experts and some governors have also said bureaucratic red tape around approvals slowed the development of new tests in the U.S.

Administration health officials have been loosening regulations, and on Monday night the FDA said it would allow states to take responsibility for tests developed and used by laboratories in their states, without involving the federal government.

Deborah Birx, a State Department official coordinating the White House coronavirus task force, told reporters that the testing delays were due to the rigorous scientific process involved in approving U.S. diagnostic tests.

"We were adamant about having a high quality test based on our commercial vendors," Birx said. "Over the next few months you'll begin to see that other tests that were utilized around the world were not of the same quality, resulting in false positives and potentially false negatives."

I had brought that report, along with others detailing the Airbridge corruption by Trump's admin days ago, and you neglected to read any of it.

Yet you're still pushing your odd narrative, absent a point. But good admin spin that you clearly didn't read, and couldn't be trusted to understand at any rate.

Not even a thought about something like :

LOL

Whatever did to the story that Trump owned stock in a hydroxycloroquine company? Did anyone issue retractions yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back