• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Coronavirus the US GOV'T Response analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding some context:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/20/swine-flu-costs-un-report
H1N1 was expected to kill millions, using the same false logic. Current fatality rate X expected infections. Bad math.

You need to read that article. It was pure speculation about what MIGHT happen in poor nations: "Countries where health services are overburdened by diseases, such as HIV/Aids, tuberculosis and malaria, will have great difficulty managing the surge of cases."

It was not based on learning the lessons of Italy, which is now ACTUALLY (not speculatively) locked down and in crisis. And it had nothing to do with "bad math."

Again, it's like you didn't even read the article. This is all about how H1N1 did NOT seem severe, but might later turn out to be more deadly than it did at first. You seem to be suggesting that we should somehow spin that around in the optimistic thought that this virus, which has started out deadly, might later turn out to be mild. Based on what?

Well exactly.

ZK5WAMNl.jpg

There have been a lot of times in US History where things are stable and it’s immaterial who the POTUS is.

Sometimes, it is incredibly important; Lincoln and the Civil War, FDR and WWII, JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis. It’s kinda fun to ponder what things would have looked like had Trump had been POTUS during these times.
This appears to be one of those times when it matters a lot who the POTUS is, and unfortunately Trump has not a shred of leadership fiber. He’s our Hoover.

You sound insane , lmao , have you read anything I've written?

For instance, show me where I said she was told not go to the doctor until her fever hit 105

And I used to live in Miami , I know a hell of lot more about us health care than you do about Canadian health care .

Wait. You did not say that in the other thread?

Because I clearly remember you saying her temperature was very high and then had to wait til it went even higher after your consultation.

I am 100% sure you said her temperature was sky high when you took her in

Why are you pissed that every citizen of the US can not get tested. Are you under the assumption Canada has the capacity to test every citizen?

It is also weird that in the real CV thread the Canadian posters seem quite disappointed in the government response there

Reading his post, he says he was told to bring his wife in if her fever hit 38 Celsius. That is 100.4 Fahrenheit which also happens to be the common metric for adults in the USA. The care he describes, as I understand his situation, would be considered normal in the US. Hospital protocols differ, but it is normal to release patients after a fever has come down for a certain amount of time and they don’t have indications of sepsis. And yes, it is normal for lab tests to take 48 hours, or more with a busy lab. They literally have to grow the culture before analysis can be done.

When you say “shit care,” you sound to be way out of your element.

That is not what was said in the actual thread in real time.

And it was not 2 days.

There have been a lot of times in US History where things are stable and it’s immaterial who the POTUS is.

Sometimes, it is incredibly important; Lincoln and the Civil War, FDR and WWII, JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis. It’s kinda fun to ponder what things would have looked like had Trump had been POTUS during these times.
This appears to be one of those times when it matters a lot who the POTUS is, and unfortunately Trump has not a shred of leadership fiber. He’s our Hoover.

The Trump cultists found it an easy trade. He's not a liberal, so it doesn't matter if he's 100% unqualified to receive a loan in the West, much less be it's leader.

Now? He's incompetent when needed most, during a national health crisis, but they've been parroting the bullshit they see him read off teleprompters through bloodshot eyes, it's too late to jump off now. He operates on the level of a 7 year old boy mixed with a 13 year old mean girl, and yet a certain segment of the population doesn't seem to care about things like basic competence or the ability to read on a 2nd grade level.

Wait. You did not say that in the other thread?

Because I clearly remember you saying her temperature was very high and then had to wait til it went even higher after your consultation.

I am 100% sure you said her temperature was sky high when you took her in

Why are you pissed that every citizen of the US can not get tested. Are you under the assumption Canada has the capacity to test every citizen?

It is also weird that in the real CV thread the Canadian posters seem quite disappointed in the government response there
They said when her fever hit 38 to take her in , when they took her temp after admitting her it hit 40.4 .

Who said anything about everyone getting tested ? There are many posts in these threads talking about how few tests are being done in the us , I know that last week we had tested more people in British Columbia than the entire US had , that's crazy .

I can't speak to other people's experiences , only mine , I just asked my wife how should would rate the care she received taking into account the delay in getting her test results back , she listed off everything that was done for her and said " 9.5 , maybe 10 "

That seems about right to me .

The Fed: Here is 1.5 trillion dollar loan.

Wall Street: Not enough.

Luckily the math on that's pretty easy. H1n1 killed about 12.5k people. Multiply by 100 for the higher death rate and we see 1.25 million dead. Roughly double the flu's annual total.

H1N1 killed 12.5 k Americans. Multiply that by 100 and you get 1.25 dead in America alone. That's double what the most serious flu strains kill world wide in a very rough year.

H1N1 killed between 150k and 575k world wide. That, times 100, is 15-57 million.

Whole thing as been an absolute shit show on multiple levels
'Just using China could use Russia or even Space Aliens'

I think what was missing was lack of fear. If China itself invaded Seattle you think we would have waited till China was able to move troops across the US? Because this what we did now we have to sends troops all over the country to fight the Chinese.

We should have sent a massive force to the areas first exposed an testing of people and quarantined pretty much everyone. This would have limited the spread now we have to mitigate the damage and track the movement. Being a police officer you likely understand that idea pay me now or pay me later.

'Just using China could use Russia or even Space Aliens'

I think what was missing was lack of fear. If China itself invaded Seattle you think we would have waited till China was able to move troops across the US? Because this what we did now we have to sends troops all over the country to fight the Chinese.

We should have sent a massive force to the areas first exposed an testing of people and quarantined pretty much everyone. This would have limited the spread now we have to mitigate the damage and track the movement. Being a police officer you likely understand that idea pay me now or pay me later.

It's been a mess, weve had possible exposures at work already and the handling of it is frightening. If cases take off, essential services are gonna be hit hard.

As much as right wingers love to huddle around Trump when it comes to investigations, I couldn't imagine even them being against investigations into this pitiful systemic response in which the admin seemed dead set on providing a good public face, not actually getting moving on a pandemic for WEEKS.

Jared, Ivanka and hope hicks are handling this. Mother of god

It's been a mess, weve had possible exposures at work already and the handling of it is frightening. If cases take off, essential services are gonna be hit hard.
People will seek medical treatment in huge numbers and the system will not be able to handle it.

I’ve been away all day. Did the Covid disappear yet like Trump said it would? Like a miracle? Like whoosh?

The entire system has been a miserable failure

From the top to the bottom, no one prepared

Jared, Ivanka and hope hicks are handling this. Mother of god

It's hard to take seriously someone who is obviously high as fuck perpetually, and can barely read.

Guy could BARELY get through the shit he had on the teleprompter all his supporters cheered him for not using years ago, after he told them that he wasn't using one while reading that off of one. GOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back