Law Coronavirus the US GOV'T Response analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been a big Schumer fan, always thought he was pretty weak when dealing with Mitch but you have to give him props for standing up to him on this.

Please, spare me.

That bitch would spend every saved dime on taxpayer funded sex changes for Guatemalan porcupines.
Why you support corporate giveaways prevented directly by Schumer and Pelosi is bizarre.

Pelosi wanted to spend even more. Her bill called for 2.5 trillion in new spending. Full of her pet projects .

and at the very beginning, she was against giving Americans money. Saying we can’t afford it and we need to “means test” it first

and we remember trump saying 1200 or even more to Americans for a long long time.

We remember.

But yes, it’s good that a few things were stripped from the republican Senate bill
Youve missed the point

Pelosi’s bill was to put pressure on senate republicans and it worked flawlessly. The moment it happened Trump replaced his prior negotiators with Mnuchin who was much more open to Dem provisions and relaxed on the slush fund

Why you support corporate giveaways prevented directly by Schumer and Pelosi is bizarre.

I’m fine with it.

Pretending chuck or Nancy aren’t cancer is retarded.

How much did they want to give refugees again?

We're fucked.

The bailout package is basically another gift for corporations. We'll get 1 check if we're lucky and told to kick rocks.

Government response to contain the disease is piss poor. Testing still can't keep up with demand, we're past the point of containment, and Trump is talking about lifting restrictions. Instead of a coordinated response led by doctors and public health officials, we have a low-IQ conman obsessed with the stock market.

The rich get bailouts, gold-plated ventilators, bunkers, islands, yachts, we get to fester in disease and watch our old relatives die slow deaths and see our mortgages go to foreclosure.

And the Democratic answer, Biden, is just as corrupt and being controlled like a puppet in cognitive decline.

Ffffuckk
Did you genuinely believe there was ever going to be another outcome? Come on folks.

Holy shit anyone want to see what a really retarded senator looks like tune in to CBC national news and watch this Rosa galvez .. this stupid bitch is talking to bill Morneau about not helping Canada’s energy sector through this and maintaining a more climate change approach to the aid...

Holy shit anyone want to see what a really retarded senator looks like tune in to CBC national news and watch this Rosa galvez .. this stupid bitch is talking to bill Morneau about not helping Canada’s energy sector through this and maintaining a more climate change approach to the aid...

It would probably be best for progressives to be excluded from the table on this one. It's like inviting a six year old into the boardroom to negotiate.

Youve missed the point

Pelosi’s bill was to put pressure on senate republicans and it worked flawlessly. The moment it happened Trump replaced his prior negotiators with Mnuchin who was much more open to Dem provisions and relaxed on the slush fund

Restrictions on the slush fund, increase in unemployment benefits, more money for hospitals and local governments.

The curve is hitting a really hard steep at the moment. The number of cases and deaths are going to rise very fast. A lot of bodies are going to get picked up at home from people without health insurance or refusing to go because they can't afford, or for being turned away because they have no space for them. It's not going to be good. Literally every other country except the US is taking severe measures. Even that fat rightwing fuck Doug Ford in Ontario is being serious about this. The Trump reaction and his mixed messages to try and save face and keep the markets high while trying to act like he's taking the situation seriously is going to get a lot of people killed
Exactly, well said , I'm curious what the Trump cheerleader squad will be saying in 7 to 14 days .

I referenced Canada earlier , we have approximately 1/10 the population of the US so you might expect us to have a similar ratio of cases but it's not even close , the US has 54000 infected and 730 deaths while Canada has 2700 infected and 27 deaths , a striking difference , especially the deaths.

I find this particularly interesting given what a certain segment of posters were saying early on about Canada's large Chinese population and predicting doom and gloom , combined with wanting Treudeu to close the borders and shitting bricks and throwing them when he didn't, the WHO told him that wouldn't help , it's what you do when it arrives that will make the difference , I think that's what we are seeing played out .

Trudeau is simply unable to answer a question idk why he bothers having a question period at his podium updates.

Exactly, well said , I'm curious what the Trump cheerleader squad will be saying in 7 to 14 days .

I referenced Canada earlier , we have approximately 1/10 the population of the US so you might expect us to have a similar ratio of cases but it's not even close , the US has 54000 infected and 730 deaths while Canada has 2700 infected and 27 deaths , a striking difference , especially the deaths.

I find this particularly interesting given what a certain segment of posters were saying early on about Canada's large Chinese population and predicting doom and gloom , combined with wanting Treudeu to close the borders and shitting bricks and throwing them when he didn't, the WHO told him that wouldn't help , it's what you do when it arrives that will make the difference , I think that's what we are seeing played out .
We just flew over a million people home in a week so give it time. No screening, no warnings of “ self quarantine “ . We are going to see a huge spike .

you're acting like geography has no play in this.

the state of Texas has nearly the amount of people in all of canada, and a fraction of your numbers. Some areas are hit harder than others, and to paint the US as a large tight knit community is silly, new york is having a hard time dealing with the issue, half of all our cases are centralized in that one state, therefore all of US bad is a silly metric in your own little world.

you're acting like geography has no play in this.

the state of Texas has nearly the amount of people in all of canada, and a fraction of your numbers. Some areas are hit harder than others, and to paint the US as a large tight knit community is silly, new york is having a hard time dealing with the issue, half of all our cases are centralized in that one state, therefore all of US bad is a silly metric in your own little world.
He is trying to make the case borders don’t stop viruses and the difference we are seeing in the USA is only due to the population. He’s in for a big shock when Toronto and Vancouver turn into New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back