Coronavirus Mega Thread vN95

Status
Not open for further replies.
the euros now experiencing a major wave, with more new cases and infection than anywhere else. places like Germany and France are experiencing very high numbers.
Scary stuff my good friend

the euros now experiencing a major wave, with more new cases and infection than anywhere else. places like Germany and France are experiencing very high numbers.

<Fedor23>

Nobody dying anyway.

Someone make a new thread

I know you're kidding but the first mask I bought, I thought I was just going to have to stay indoors for years it was that restrictive. I fucking hated it. Like the velcro round the back of the head ones.
My step dad keeps saying he doesn't know how I do it for 9 hours a day but the disposable ones really aren't any drama. Not pleasant but doable.
I saw hockey gear company Bauer is selling these cool, but not sure if really thin, clear plastic face shields that seem to sit on your baseball cap bill, but it doesn't completely seal your face and neck.

Saw one football helmet maker had these three panels to attach to football face shield via what looked like zipties/velcro, but I'm guessing virus can get inhaled through the gaps.

Just because people don't think through their actions to the logical consequences doesn't mean they aren't there.

Agreed.

But if you are setting a president to label everybody as a potential murder, that will lead to manipulation of fact, actual fact. It happened in the USSR in the sixties, the government used psychiatry as a tool against its people, this was used to lock people away and control large amounts of folks under the illusion that people were dangerous. Its exactly the same thing.

We have all been out in public and spread colds/flu/viruses about, and undoubtably one of these illnesses we have passed about have killed someone.. we are all guilty of this.. every single one of us.. we are all killers.. But im willing to accept that.. I accept that I might inadvertently kill someone 10 times down the line if im an asymptomatic, because theres no way of controlling this other than everybody stay locked away for life, WE CANNOT DO THIS.. its anti life and anti human.

Interesting article re. the herd immunity declaration that was just published. 'Funded by a libertarian thinktank 'The American Institute for Economic Research (AIER)', with a history of funding controversial research – such as a study extolling the benefits of sweatshops supplying multinationals for those employed in them – while its statements on climate change largely downplay the threats of the environmental crisis. It is a partner in the Atlas network of thinktanks, which acts as an umbrella for free-market and libertarian institutions, whose funders have included tobacco firms, ExxonMobil and the Koch brothers.' It suggests that the herd immunity strategy for covid19 is a 'fringe view peddled by a minority with no evidence to back up their position.' and that the declaration was a piece of pre-election 'political theatre'.

The pursuit of herd immunity is a folly – so who's funding this bad science?

What the article fails to mention is that the scientists from Harvard, Oxford and Stanford who were doing research before the declaration all came to the same conclusion independently. They weren't working together on this. While the declaration might be funded by anyone, the conclusions of the declaration were formed before they received any funding from any think tanks.

I agree with what you say other then the red .. That is morally wrong to say that on many levels.

That is what it is. It's morally wrong to encourage it, we al
Agreed.

But if you are setting a president to label everybody as a potential murder, that will lead to manipulation of fact, actual fact. It happened in the USSR in the sixties, the government used psychiatry as a tool against its people, this was used to lock people away and control large amounts of folks under the illusion that people were dangerous. Its exactly the same thing.

We have all been out in public and spread colds/flu/viruses about, and undoubtably one of these illnesses we have passed about have killed someone.. we are all guilty of this.. every single one of us.. we are all killers.. But im willing to accept that.. I accept that I might inadvertently kill someone 10 times down the line if im an asymptomatic, because theres no way of controlling this other than everybody stay locked away for life, WE CANNOT DO THIS.. its anti life and anti human.

No, I take measures not to infect others when I get a cold or flu also. I tell people I won't get close cos I'm ill, I make sure my hands are clean. I don't go to gigs or work and spread that shit.

That's what we should all do.

I think the Corona virus has just enabled us to consider our behaviour more deeply.

No one is suggesting being locked away for life, that's a straw man you are creating. What I am and have always been advocating is a viable track and trace effort with localised lockdowns with outbreaks.

Don't use the utter failure of most of western civilization to take the steps necessary as the way it has to be. Also consider that this is a dry run, compared to what it is going to be like with a more serious disease. We are getting off lightly and it's a matter of national security to be able to defend ourselves from these things.

The ship has largely sailed on our ability to mitigate the damage, but if we moved fast in February/march we could have been in a place similar to NZ.

That is what it is. It's morally wrong to encourage it, we al

No, I take measures not to infect others when I get a cold or flu also. I tell people I won't get close cos I'm ill, I make sure my hands are clean. I don't go to gigs or work and spread that shit.

That's what we should all do.

I think the Corona virus has just enabled us to consider our behaviour more deeply.

No one is suggesting being locked away for life, that's a straw man you are creating. What I am and have always been advocating is a viable track and trace effort with localised lockdowns with outbreaks.

Don't use the utter failure of most of western civilization to take the steps necessary as the way it has to be. Also consider that this is a dry run, compared to what it is going to be like with a more serious disease. We are getting off lightly and it's a matter of national security to be able to defend ourselves from these things.

The ship has largely sailed on our ability to mitigate the damage, but if we moved fast in February/march we could have been in a place similar to NZ.

THAT IS UTTER RUBBISH MATE .. you have NEVER been to work with a cold or a virus? asymptomatic(because you wont know)

UTTER GARBAGE UTTER.. UTTER UTTER..

You are the king of hyperbole.

Guys, there's a new thread now, right? Shouldn't we be posting in that one?

THAT IS UTTER RUBBISH MATE .. you have NEVER been to work with a cold or a virus? asymptomatic(because you wont know)

UTTER GARBAGE UTTER.. UTTER UTTER..

You are the king of hyperbole.

I never said never chap, we are all on a journey and the person you are today is not the person you were 5 years ago, we are also all fallable.

I remember having a conversation with my boss back when I worked in a call center, about twenty years ago about my absence due to illness being high. I explained how I thought we'd probably get greater productivity if people didn't come in when sick even if they could, because they would infect others who may not be able to go work as a result.

I've been complaining about kids being sent in when sick to day care and school since I became a father and my kids went to childcare.

I've socially distanced at football training pre covid because I didn't want to get fellow athletes sick.

This isn't rocket science and I'm not a hermit, one is only talking a few times a year. It's just being a intelligent sensible person who tries to have the courage of one's convictions. It's living the self examined life, it's what we should all strive for.

What behaviour do you commit that you know is harmful? Don't be shy, you don't have to tell me but unless you're a moron you will be able to think of something. Now, stop fucking doing it.

That's what I try to do, in everything, all the time. Most people are a bunch of behaviours that they rationalise to themselves and others. A few try to rationalise what is good and change their behaviours to match. Mouth breathing or the oath to enlightenment, your damn choice.

I never said never chap, we are all on a journey and the person you are today is not the person you were 5 years ago, we are also all fallable.

I remember having a conversation with my boss back when I worked in a call center, about twenty years ago about my absence due to illness being high. I explained how I thought we'd probably get greater productivity if people didn't come in when sick even if they could, because they would infect others who may not be able to go work as a result.

I've been complaining about kids being sent in when sick to day care and school since I became a father and my kids went to childcare.

I've socially distanced at football training pre covid because I didn't want to get fellow athletes sick.

This isn't rocket science and I'm not a hermit, one is only talking a few times a year. It's just being a intelligent sensible person who tries to have the courage of one's convictions. It's living the self examined life, it's what we should all strive for.

What behaviour do you commit that you know is harmful? Don't be shy, you don't have to tell me but unless you're a moron you will be able to think of something. Now, stop fucking doing it.

That's what I try to do, in everything, all the time. Most people are a bunch of behaviours that they rationalise to themselves and others. A few try to rationalise what is good and change their behaviours to match. Mouth breathing or the oath to enlightenment, your damn choice.

So you have never ever passed on germs and illness to another person in your life? NEVER and you have postitive proof of this 100%?

I have had jobs in the past where you have to be dieing not to go into work (royal mail for 3 years)I had the measels, covered in spots and I had to go into work otherwise I would have lost my job.. that was reality.. if I didnt go to work I loss my ability to provide for my family and put food on the table and a roof over their heads.. so I went into work with a contagious disease, they knew fair well thaty I had it and for adults it could be dangerous.. but productivity and international parcel processing was more important.. and putting food on my families table was more important because that IS survival.

Its pretty simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back