Coronavirus Mega Thread (Deep Freeze Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TeTe philip rivers is shinning bright with the Colts. I hope he finally gets to a SB
We get Rivers on the tail end of his career, i don't expect too much out him. Never know tho the Colts d could carry him like the Broncos d carried old ass Peyton

North Dakota Hits Highest COVID-19 Mortality Rate in the World.... Lowest rate of mask usage in the US.

North Dakota had the highest COVID-19 mortality rate of any other state or even any other country in the world last week, according to a shocking analysis by the Federation of American Scientists.

South Dakota ranked third-worst in the world. Both states also have the lowest rates of face mask use in the nation. The rates are what health experts would expect in a war-torn nation—but not in the U.S., the scientists said.

“How could we allow this in the United States to happen?” Dr. Ali Mokdad, a health professor at the University of Washington in Seattle, told USA Today. “This is unacceptable.”

It’s a situation “as bad as it gets anywhere in the world,” complained Dr. William Haseltine, president of Access Health International.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dakotas-covid-19-global-mortality-rate_n_5fb30a6ac5b6a46646702d74
Dr Rick Bright who used to be on Trump’s COVID team till he quit in October but is now on Biden’s said that 66% of Americans are wearing masks. What the fuck are the other 44% people doing? Fucking pricks.

Dr Rick Bright who used to be on Trump’s COVID team till he quit in October but is now on Biden’s said that 66% of Americans are wearing masks. What the fuck are the other 44% people doing? Fucking pricks.

giphy.gif

Basic math knowledge? Nah
Public health knowledge? Hell ya

Fucking lol at you sheeple. This is a conspiracy by Big Bidet and you know it.

Follow the money trail. Who’s been investing in Bidets? Bill Gates? Jeff Bezos? I don’t know because I don’t follow the money. I follow the wipes. Big Bidet is scamming us all.

We get Rivers on the tail end of his career, i don't expect too much out him. Never know tho the Colts d could carry him like the Broncos d carried old ass Peyton
Yeah that D is carrying the Colts, Rivers is at the tail end but Im rooting for him even though he is struggling just cause I been a fan of his since SD Chargers he is the only reason I watch the Colts every sunday, he likely retires after this he was on a 1 year contract right?

North Dakota Hits Highest COVID-19 Mortality Rate in the World.... Lowest rate of mask usage in the US.

North Dakota had the highest COVID-19 mortality rate of any other state or even any other country in the world last week, according to a shocking analysis by the Federation of American Scientists.

South Dakota ranked third-worst in the world. Both states also have the lowest rates of face mask use in the nation. The rates are what health experts would expect in a war-torn nation—but not in the U.S., the scientists said.

“How could we allow this in the United States to happen?” Dr. Ali Mokdad, a health professor at the University of Washington in Seattle, told USA Today. “This is unacceptable.”

It’s a situation “as bad as it gets anywhere in the world,” complained Dr. William Haseltine, president of Access Health International.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dakotas-covid-19-global-mortality-rate_n_5fb30a6ac5b6a46646702d74

Correlation is not causation. A much more detailed demographic breakdown of the infections & deaths in comparison with other States would be needed before we really get anywhere. Maybe the Dakotas have a bunch of people with co-morbidities. Maybe they got hit by a more virulent strain. Maybe their hospitals just suck. Maybe it is the masks. But until we look at all the factors we can't draw any conclusions. I might as well say "Canadians live longer than Americans because we have colder weather", and it would be just as valid as the linked article.

And now the bird flue is hitting too.
Several countries in Europe have put down tons of chickens because of it.
IIRC Sweden as to put own thousands of birds.
The year that keeps on giving

There will always be something. Might as well lock down everything for good.

How does make them hipsters though. We are getting off topic but explain.

I think he might be using hipster to refer to subculture. American football has been played over here since WWII tho so I don't know. I guess you could equally say using the same logic that anyone into badminton is a hipster.

But logic isn't really part of it, I think his feelings are hurt from losing so often and he wanted to feel a little win.

This has been going on all year, and all around the world. A few people have become sick from bird-contracted flu, but theres been no on going transmission. Its just one of the consequences of highly intensive chicken farming. At least there is close surveillance of it.

To play Devil's Advocate, where are they getting these stats from? Who are they surveying? Because to get an accurate picture they'd need to survey the majority of people in every single state, really. That's highly doubtful. Where are they getting this estimate from?

During the peak in the UK, certain websites would have these supposed 'surveys' pop up where they'd say things like "an overwhelming 77% of people in the UK want lockdown to continue".

Who? Who have you asked? Provide details of the demographics you've been interviewing to obtain such a result.
  • How big of a portion of this sample size were over 60?
  • How many were working from home / on furlough?
  • How many worked in health care?
  • How many were under 40?

Just tossing a number out there with no details or follow-up information does not make it a trustworthy source. The problem is, a lot of fence-sitting types might see that and think "hmmm, that's made up my mind for me then - I guess I also want lockdown to continue".

There's a lot of those types of people around - unsure, worried and not particularly clued up on either side of the coin. A vague 'survey' like that can go a long way to convincing that person to side with the government/lockdown.

Correlation is not causation. A much more detailed demographic breakdown of the infections & deaths in comparison with other States would be needed before we really get anywhere. Maybe the Dakotas have a bunch of people with co-morbidities. Maybe they got hit by a more virulent strain. Maybe their hospitals just suck. Maybe it is the masks. But until we look at all the factors we can't draw any conclusions. I might as well say "Canadians live longer than Americans because we have colder weather", and it would be just as valid as the linked article.

Of course.
The mask wearing is just one indicator. However when that is so lax it makes you wonder what other guidelines are not being followed in the Dakotas also...... probably most. so a whole myriad of factors to sift through.

I think he might be using hipster to refer to subculture. American football has been played over here since WWII tho so I don't know. I guess you could equally say using the same logic that anyone into badminton is a hipster.

But logic isn't really part of it, I think his feelings are hurt from losing so often and he wanted to feel a little win.

Im just joking with the American football thing.. just taking the piss.. I guess you cant pick up on sense of humours? especially when I said women dont have the capacity to enjoy sport!!!
Feeling hurt lol. yeah ok.. you underestimate me..

Im just joking with the American football thing.. just taking the piss.. I guess you cant pick up on sense of humours? especially when I said women dont have the capacity to enjoy sport!!!
Feeling hurt lol. yeah ok.. you underestimate me..

I'm probably just talking about myself.

To play Devil's Advocate, where are they getting these stats from? Who are they surveying? Because to get an accurate picture they'd need to survey the majority of people in every single state, really. That's highly doubtful. Where are they getting this estimate from?

During the peak in the UK, certain websites would have these supposed 'surveys' pop up where they'd say things like "an overwhelming 77% of people in the UK want lockdown to continue".

Who? Who have you asked? Provide details of the demographics you've been interviewing to obtain such a result.
  • How big of a portion of this sample size were over 60?
  • How many were working from home / on furlough?
  • How many worked in health care?
  • How many were under 40?

Just tossing a number out there with no details or follow-up information does not make it a trustworthy source. The problem is, a lot of fence-sitting types might see that and think "hmmm, that's made up my mind for me then - I guess I also want lockdown to continue".

There's a lot of those types of people around - unsure, worried and not particularly clued up on either side of the coin. A vague 'survey' like that can go a long way to convincing that person to side with the government/lockdown.

I'm not blaming you, you may be right or not I'm not getting into that, but this post just reminded me:

This is why we can't have a discussion about anything remotely political these days, because there are no established facts. Used to be you could quote some government statistics or a research paper and whilst it might not be taken at face value it wasn't immediately questioned to the Nth degree.

Everyone has their own narrative and fits the cherry picks to fit. There is no national conversation.

I love the smell of fear mongering in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back