Coronavirus Mega Thread (Deep Freeze Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeTe

🤡🌎
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Seriously… Pfizer says they have to transport and store their vaccines at -94°F (-70°C) to remain effective.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-pfizer-distribution-logistical-nightmare/

What could go wrong?
  • Pfizer's shipping boxes, packed with specially formulated dry ice and containing between 1,000 and 5,000 vaccine doses each, can only be opened twice a day for less than three minutes at a time while maintaining temperature standards.
  • Even so, the deep-freeze suitcases only hold their cool for 10 days. And the clock starts ticking when they are sealed, which for U.S. shipments will be at one of two Pfizer facilities, in either Kalamazoo, Michigan, or Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
  • Dry ice is considered a hazardous material and restricted on airplanes. Pfizer said its packages contain well under the acceptable limit. But given the logistical challenges, Premier's Saha told CBS MoneyWatch that it could take up to four days for the vaccines to reach their destination. That gives many hospitals and pharmacies as few as just six days to administer up to 5,000 doses before they go bad, or as many as 833 a day. The vaccinations can be moved to a typical refrigerator, but for only five days.
  • Pfizer's shipping container can be refilled with dry ice. But it likely will have to be in pellets not blocks, and a refill, which could cost a few hundred dollars, will only extend the life of deep-freeze suitcase by five days.
  • Hospitals can buy ultra-cold freezers, which will keep the vaccinations up to six months. But few hospitals or pharmacies have the specialty freezers, which can cost as much as $20,000 each, and are in short-supply. Manufacturer K2 told CBS MoneyWatch the wait for its ultra-cold freezers is now six weeks.
  • Pfizer's vaccination requires two doses 21 days apart, making it more complicated to deliver the required number of treatments with doses going to waste.
Moderna's vaccine also must be shipped frozen, although at comparatively less frigid -4 degrees Fahrenheit. Still, that will require the company to secure hundreds of refrigerated trucks, while the vaccine can only be kept in a standard refrigerator for up to seven days.

Yay, Corona virus

@Oeshon, American football is quite popular in Europe, Canada and new Zealand amongst other places. There are professional leagues in some countries even.

In the UK it was the fastest growing sport a couple years ago.

Yay, Corona virus

@Oeshon, American football is quite popular in Europe, Canada and new Zealand amongst other places. There are professional leagues in some countries even.

Who is your team?

Yay, Corona virus

Yeah I was able to watch it in the UK on Sunday nights, much to my step dad’s dismay.

January-February for 2 doses of vaccine to elderly, March we open up slowly

Yay, Corona virus

Yay, Corona virus

Netball is faster growing than American Football in the UK .. lol.. man youre in the wrong country, hipster shit that.. I know a couple of mates that are into AF.. both nerdy hipster fucks..

Netball is faster growing than American Football in the UK .. lol.. man youre in the wrong country, hipster shit that.. I know a couple of mates that are into AF.. both nerdy hipster fucks..
Netball as in basketball? If so, I'd have to agree that it's becoming more popular than anything around the world over the past 10 years or so.

Just store the vaccines in a centralized locations that have the big freezers and make people drive there. Problem solved.

If they value their life they should be able to drive a couple hours.

Those that are already sick won't be helped by the vaccine anyway, so anyone who would actually benefit from it should be healthy enough to travel to a big freezer location.

What on earth is hipster about American Football? It's alpha as fuck.

What on earth is hipster about American Football? It's alpha as fuck.

Its a dirty paradox of alpha hipsterness. Rugby is the same hipster neckbeard sport of the middleclasses.

Netball as in basketball? If so, I'd have to agree that it's becoming more popular than anything around the world over the past 10 years or so.

No Netball as in Netball.

IMG_4181.jpg

Its a dirty paradox of alpha hipsterness. Rugby is the same hipster neckbeard sport of the middleclasses.

Posted like a contrarian olympics gold medal winner.

Explain to me what is hipster about it. I don't think I've ever been accused of being a hipster before.

The gym was fucking PACKED yesterday... I have to move my time later from 4 to 8 pm. Can't even fucking walk around that outdoor area now.
Lucky you have anything at all with this lockdown crap.
I feel bad for my 24 hour fitness manager nickolas has been there for years . He was like “ I’m going to have to find a new job” ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back