• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News CoronaVIRUS MEGA THREAD DEATH TOLL: 452,271

Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy reports more than 12,000 cases of COVID-19, with more than 800 deaths.

That mortality rate is a fuck lot higher than I have heard before.

Yeah, now that we have 100k cases of data the fatality rate is a lot higer than the numbers they were using, also seem to be going up instead of down.

If you go by closed cases (recovered vs deaths) its at 6%, almost double what WHO is managing using total cases vs deaths.

Last edited:
Also whats the deal with this virus actually being named SARS and COVID19 just being used to not scare people???

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...ase-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

What name does WHO use for the virus?
From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003.

For that reason and others, WHO has begun referring to the virus as “the virus responsible for COVID-19” or “the COVID-19 virus” when communicating with the public. Neither of these designations are intended as replacements for the official name of the virus as agreed by the ICTV.

Last edited:
Also whats the deal with this virus actually being named SARS and COVID19 just being used to not scare people???

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...ase-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

What name does WHO use for the virus?
From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003.

For that reason and others, WHO has begun referring to the virus as “the virus responsible for COVID-19” or “the COVID-19 virus” when communicating with the public. Neither of these designations are intended as replacements for the official name of the virus as agreed by the ICTV.

im starting to believe we are really all fucked.

might need to drag my ass to do some shopping. get a ton of beef jerky, twinkies, and a thousand extra rounds of amo.

I roll my eyes at conspiracy theories as much as anyone else, but how odd is it that the Coronavirus cases are apparently increasingly under control in China, while every other country seems to be descending into chaos? If any country were to manipulate a virus to utilize it as a biological weapon, they would, for obvious reasons, simultaneously work on a cure/vaccine/medicine, in order to preserve their own while they watch the rest of the world burn.

They used zombie film military quarentine in WUHAN. That disdain for human rights will not fly in the western world....yet.

1*TkQ3WQXO8q-r2LIRWpJuOw.png

Changed my vote on poll from not scared at all to slightly scared, but I think I'm moderately actually. Might change again.

Italy reports more than 12,000 cases of COVID-19, with more than 800 deaths.

That mortality rate is a fuck lot higher than I have heard before.

Its pretty much just old people though.

If you are young and healthy you will dominate covid like khabib vs mcgregor

This shit is getting out of hand so my wife and I decided to just stay low and not travel at all for now. I'm not scared of getting the virus, but I think it's the responsible thing to do for now. Crazy thing though I probably have a higher chance of getting it in California.

This shit is getting out of hand so my wife and I decided to just stay low and not travel at all for now. I'm not scared of getting the virus, but I think it's the responsible thing to do for now. Crazy thing though I probably have a higher chance of getting it in California.
My mom is almost 60, and just told me shes traveling/flying this week.

I was just like

{<doc}

of all the times, why now? I guess she already had plane tickets and didnt want to refund them, or just didn't care. I dont know.

My mom is almost 60, and just told me shes traveling/flying this week.

I was just like

{<doc}

of all the times, why now? I guess she already had plane tickets and didnt want to refund them, or just didn't care. I dont know.
If she is healthy she should be fine. My coworker and her husband just got on a plane to Germany literally right after Trump announced travel bans to Europe. They are flying right now. Hopefully they can come back.

If she is healthy she should be fine. My coworker and her husband just got on a plane to Germany literally right after Trump announced travel bans to Europe. They are flying right now. Hopefully they can come back.
everyone says that, yea. but the thing is I have been down for an entire week so far, extremely sick. I dont know for a fact its covid19, could just be an extremely severe case of the "normal" flu, but that has literally never happened to me. whatever I got is putting me through hell and I'm only 28..

the only reason I havent been panicking and trying to get an official test is because Ive read theres no need to worry either way unless you run a really bad fever or start having trouble breathing. but I'm thinking about finally going to the dr because I really expected this shit to be better by now. I want to know what the hell i got

everyone says that, yea. but the thing is I have been down for an entire week so far, extremely sick. I dont know for a fact its covid19, could just be an extremely severe case of the "normal" flu, but that has literally never happened to me. whatever I got is putting me through hell and I'm only 28..

the only reason I havent been panicking and trying to get an official test is because Ive read theres no need to worry either way unless you run a really bad fever or start having trouble breathing. but I'm thinking about finally going to the dr because I really expected this shit to be better by now. I want to know what the hell i got

Call them before you go in...

Wut ?? If she is upset because you avoided traveling during a global pandemic, you really should tell her to go kick rock not that I believe she would get upset in the first place.
"Fuck your health and safety, YOU MUST COME TO MAH PARTAYYY!"

John Travolta already trained for this

hqdefault.jpg

MV5BOGU0ZmVjZGItNjFhNy00Mzg3LWEwYTQtY2ZlZGRkZDlmZTkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE5MzM3MjA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back