Cormier vs. Henderson - how does their wrestling match up ...

ChinaMMABlog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Really looking forward to Cormier and Hendo in a few weeks.

I know Hendo is past his prime. But he showed against Shogun that he can endure a beating and still deliver, which makes this anyone's fight.

Cormier will probably out wrestle Hendo in this one, and hold him in the clinch, but still super pumped to watch these guys go at it.

Here's more on Cormier vs. Hendo ...

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/cormier-and-henderson-the-yin-and-yang-of-wrestling

Cormier > Hendo in everything besides XP, power (I would assume Hendo has a little more of this), and face flat-ness.

We haven't seen anything of Cormier's chin, as far as I remember, that lets us grade it in the same manner as Hendo's, but I would assume it's worthy enough to stand up to most things that aren't massive H-bombs.

Cormier beats hendo all over the shop. Hendo has a punchers chance. That's it. They're feeding up Cormier for the jones fight.

I honestly don't think we'll see much wrestling in this fight unless Cormier choosed to take him down.

Cormier should have the edge in wrestling. Hard to count out Hendo with his power.

Cormier > Hendo in everything besides XP, power (I would assume Hendo has a little more of this), and face flat-ness.

We haven't seen anything of Cormier's chin, as far as I remember, that lets us grade it in the same manner as Hendo's, but I would assume it's worthy enough to stand up to most things that aren't massive H-bombs.

He took shots from Josh Barnett altho Barnett did break his hand I think

I'm hoping Hendo wrestles like he did against Rashad.

I expect another boring mir-like performance by Cormier.
He will play it safe to get the title shot.

I wonder if Cormier'll play it safe.

If he's smart he won't. Playing it safe and ending up with an unspectacular victory will only make it hard for Dana to give him the next shot, especially when you've got active guys like Rumble rising quickly.

Cormier can out wrestle Hendo if he wants.

I dont want to see hendo lose but it has to be done!

If he's smart he won't. Playing it safe and ending up with an unspectacular victory will only make it hard for Dana to give him the next shot, especially when you've got active guys like Rumble rising quickly.

he will get his shot after he beats hendo

It will look like a more lopsided version of Shad/Hendo. Hendo won't be able to get off the fence/off his back once he gets tired and Cormier will ride out an easy decision win.

he will get his shot after he beats hendo

Maybe. Gus/Jones won't happen until August/September at the earliest, meaning that the Hendo/DC winner would have to wait until Dec-Feb to get their shot. If somebody wins a mediocre decision it doesn't really inspire much enthusiasm, in terms of a title shot, and when someone like Rumble (a fresh new face that has been immediately thrust into the top end of the division) is likely to pick up a second big name win (Nog) it clouds the waters.

Cormier may try to prove that he is legend and stand toe to toe with Dan. If he does, Dan by ko easy. Cormier needs to fight smart and take him down and grind him down.

Really hoping that they put the winner of this fight against rumble for a title shot after he beats lil nog, I think Rumble would destroy either DC or Hendo and I still don't understand the DC hype I don't think he has anything for Jones and that he would get outclassed badly if they ever fought

Cormier did freestyle, while Hendo did Greco. I wouldn't clinch with Hendo if I were him.

Hoping for Hendo by H-bomb.

Wrestling advantage goes to Cormier without any doubt:

tumblr_m6vrjp1ajY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Hendo has been a one trick pony for a very long time now. As others have mentioned Hendo's got the punchers chance but not much more than that. Cormier will probably play that one smart and pick him apart imo, I'm sure there'll be clinching some GG, GP too. Hendo cannot KO DC from the bottom so I'm sure Cormier's camp has prepared him for some GG scenario as well.

Back