Cormier shouldnt get a shot at Bones following a win at 166

He should fight once at lhw but let's not pretend the guy couldn't easily make 205 by eating healthier.

Cormier doesn't own Gustafson anything. First of all, I feel he should stay at HW. If he doesn't he shouldn't wait in line behind anyone.

Cormier vs. Davis would be a good fight for a title eliminator.

DC will never make 205. He'll start crying about his kidneys and this and that, while carrying around 25%-30% bodyfat....

He's already looking leaner in the primetime and countdown show. I wouldn't bet on him not making 205

Well dude needs to drop the gut and we'll see what happens after that

Cormier is a top HW. No need to make him have one fight before getting a title shot. It's not like Jones has a ton of contenders lined up.

Timing doesnt seem like it will work out since Bones has to fight Glover and then Gus after (since I don't see either of them losing and that rematch needs to happen), but I'd love Cormier vs Davis for the top contender spot.

agreed
DC should fight a top 10 opponent at LHW before he gets a shot at JBJ

he shouldn't be fighting a HW who just came off of a humiliating loss and shouldn't even be top 10

Nelson will be top three after he KOs Cormier

I agree, but I'd be cool with him getting a shot with a win over a Top 10 opponent, let alone a Top 5. There are so few interesting match-ups for Jones that I don't give a shit if they fast track Cormier to a title shot.

Gus should fight Lil Nog and get the next shot after Glover.

Cormier should have 1 fight at 205 before a title shot IMO. Give him somebody like Te Huna.

Also, Phil Davis shouldn't be too far off a title shot either IMO.

IF it all worked out nicely (which it almost never does in MMA), Jones could have Glover, Gus, Cormier, and Davis in upcoming fights.

I've said it before but I think the UFC would be crazy to give Cormier an immediate title shot at LHW when he hasn't proven he can even make the weight. Scheduling a title fight then having him come in pounds over or half killing himself trying to make it wouldn't look too good for the promotion.

DC should have a win at LHW to earn a ts, he should also go after gus gets his ts

He should fight Gus for the shot while Jones fights Glover. Davis can fight the Chael/Evans winner.

Davis vs Cormier would be a perfect match to make to see if Cormier can really use his wrestling the take out jones.

Even if Cormier beats Roy, I'm not really sold on him.

He should fight Gus for the shot while Jones fights Glover. Davis can fight the Chael/Evans winner.

Seems a bit like a ploy to make Gustafson's road back to Jones easier without having to fight Davis again. I think Gustafson needs to fight Davis again before he gets Jones again.

Seems a bit like a ploy to make Gustafson's road back to Jones easier without having to fight Davis again. I think Gustafson needs to fight Davis again before he gets Jones again.

I don't think they are interested in fighting or I would've suggested it. Honestly, I don't think Gus needed to fight anyone again, but he shouldn't be shelved for 8 months.

I hope to see Cormier vs Jones as soon as the fight can possibly be made...

But I see Jones pusing it off as long as he can due to Cormier being an EXTREMELY tough matchup for him.

I hope to see Cormier vs Jones as soon as the fight can possibly be made...

But I see Jones pusing it off as long as he can due to Cormier being an EXTREMELY tough matchup for him.

Daniel is that you?

Back