Cormier shouldnt get a shot at Bones following a win at 166

Cormier should only get a shot if Gustafsson loses his next fight (which I highly doubt that he will). Davis would be a good first fight at 205 for Cormier. If Daniel beats Davis, he deserves a shot.

Agreed. Without even fighting in the division?

Shit is old already. I was SO SO glad Pettis pulled from the Aldo fight, let the divisions follow their course.

The difference between the Pettis-Aldo fight and Cormier bones is. That Pettis has a grey legitimate shot at winning and Cormier is around an 18% imo

I think that the consensus is that 99% of people want Gus to have the next title shot, so Cormier will either have to get a LHW fight first or sit on the shelf for a long, long time.

This, considering Gus wins his next fight

However, don't agree that he needs to take a fight at LHW before getting a title shot if there is no clear no.1 contender

I don't think he will.
Jones/Glover in March. Gustafsson will be fighting around the same time, with most people dying to see a rematch if both win.

Phil Davis has nobody to fight. I see Davis/Cormier happening in early 2014, winner is next in line, or before, Gus, depending on the outcome of his fight.

25_UFC133Weighins.jpg

Seems a bit like a ploy to make Gustafson's road back to Jones easier without having to fight Davis again. I think Gustafson needs to fight Davis again before he gets Jones again.

Why should he fight Davis again? I don't see what's so compelling about this rematch when there's other LHW's Gus can fight.

I think pretty much everyone is on agreement that if Gus wins his next fight he'll get the next shot at the title. Had Gus been owned like everyone expected, and Jones beats Glover, then I would say that Cormier could be allowed to be next in line. As this is not the case, let Cormier fight a top #5 opponent first.

On another I've been a fan of Cormier for a long time now but he's really starting to piss me off now with all his talk about moving down yet nothing happens. As of now, he's all talk, but I hope he moves down after the Nelson fight but I won't believe until I see his sixpack.

Why would beating a 10-20 ranked hw in nelson earn you anything at LHW. I reckon DC will not look nearly as sharp at LHW, not enjoying the seep and cardio advantage will play a big part in this. Should have aleatory 2 fight before a title shot

UFC never makes sense... you're silly if you still get surprised by their decisions

Davis vs Cormier at 205 next. Bones vs Gus II if Bones beats Glover and Gus beats his next opponent, whoever that may be, and then Cormier-Davis winner vs Bones-Gus II winner after that.
That's how I'd do it, anyway.

He should at least fight at 205 once in his life before getting a title shot there.

If he is a top contender at HW and if people really wanna see him fight Jon Jones, why shouldn

People should only say that when the opponent is not legit and needs to prove himself....not when the guy is an actual threat. Cormier losing a LHW fight before Jones doesn't mean he wasn't ready....it means anything can happen in MMA and we threw away a great fight by putting him through a formality that wasn't needed.

Actually, I hope Davis calls him out if he beats Nelson.

Jones might have something to offer Cormier, but Davis would simply get slaughtered. He does not have the striking to hurt Cormier, and his wrestling is not on the same level.

I would have liked to see a tune up fight also, not sure why he is fighting Nelson. But lets not act like Bones is going to jab him from the outside, his boxing sucks.

Most likely the fight looks like Jones throwing those little self defense kicks to the knee and running away whenever Cormier tries to get in close.

DC is already a contender at HW (in the papers) and he does not need to wait in line at LHW.

I don

Back